Royal Bank of Scotland

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview Details – I met with a total of 4 individuals when I interviewed for the firm. All of the questions were related to what the current role entailed and my background and professional experience.
I met with the Managing Director, two of the VPs and another analyst. They were all very professional and laid back. No major surprises, as long as you know your information and can back it with real examples you will be fine.

Interview Question – No major trick questions.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2012.

Interview Details – One day of interviews. 3 interviews. First with the manager, second with two team leads, and the third on the phone with a corporate head. Very quick and painless. From first call to an offer made took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – They seemed more interested in the job I was leaving than the job at hand.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave an offer, it was fair, but allowed no room for negotiation. Everyone at the location makes the same amount for the same position. They did not allow me to counter. So you either accept it or not.

Stamford, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected for an on campus interview.half hour 2-1 with recent full time employees. Got a call back to come for the "Super Friday" in Stamford. Met with many other students who were interviewing for all summer positions. Had two separate half hour interviews again 2-1 with managers in the department. I am waiting to send thank you emails this monday and will wait to hear back. I thought it was a little odd they are the by far the quickest for having both interviews done before other companies even offer the first interview times. Stamford is nice, and RBS is known for their comfortable working environment.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2013.

Interview Details – went through a recruiter. the process was very quick. Once I had the interview, the offer followed within 2 weeks. The bank is in need of a lot of contractors as no additional permanent staff can be hired due to head count limitations. they do offer contractors internal opportunities as well, so it worth sticking with.

Interview Question – Why RBS?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland

Interview Details – The HR process is really slow ,the manager interview is more detailed as they are with vintage staff members in the panel . Be prepare with banking basis for L1 &L2 jobs

Interview Question – For AM & Managers HR related tips and tricks will be tested in long causal talks ,beware of the long conversions and previous experience achievements   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in January 2014.

Interview Details – ask about genaral internview ques. my education experience and internship experience

Interview Question – no tricky ques   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in December 2009.

Interview Details – there was 3 rounds of interview. first was GD to test the communication skill. second was online aptitude test with analytical, reasoning, English grammar and numerical type of question. finally it was a one to one interview with the manager. it was just like a personal interview and nothing technical.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2011.

Interview Details – basic behavioral questions. HR will send out email several days before the interview, outlining the questions which may be asked in the interview. I am asked to describe a situation when I feel chellenged. They also put much attention on team work experience.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!