Royal Bank of Scotland

Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied to one job, but qualified for a few so I had two interviews by two teams. I applied online and a RBS rep got back to me within a week. The process took three-four weeks from application to interview. Interview was fairly easy. The only difficult part is that you are being interviewed by 2 teams of 3 people performing 3 different functions so it's hard to cater to one function and show why you are a good fit.

Complaint is that RBS HR at the Stamford, NY is incredibly slow from application, interview, and response. They did not even reply with a definitive yes or no. Look, if you're scared of hurting my feelings, I can deal with rejection, but I cannot get back wasted time so please don't waste my time on my job search.

Building is state of the art. They have a large trading floor, gym (with sauna), food courts, and roof top dining.

Anyone would be lucky to work there because the building is great, but RBS is a dying company and shrinking its US presence...just read what the CEO is saying. Anyways upwards and onwards.

I didn't like some of the WASPY characters and I knew I wouldn't get it because of a lack of diversity in the company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us what brings you into RBS today.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

I met with a total of 4 individuals when I interviewed for the firm. All of the questions were related to what the current role entailed and my background and professional experience.
    I met with the Managing Director, two of the VPs and another analyst. They were all very professional and laid back. No major surprises, as long as you know your information and can back it with real examples you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2012.

One day of interviews. 3 interviews. First with the manager, second with two team leads, and the third on the phone with a corporate head. Very quick and painless. From first call to an offer made took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They seemed more interested in the job I was leaving than the job at hand.   View Answer
    They gave an offer, it was fair, but allowed no room for negotiation. Everyone at the location makes the same amount for the same position. They did not allow me to counter. So you either accept it or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2012.

I was selected for an on campus interview.half hour 2-1 with recent full time employees. Got a call back to come for the "Super Friday" in Stamford. Met with many other students who were interviewing for all summer positions. Had two separate half hour interviews again 2-1 with managers in the department. I am waiting to send thank you emails this monday and will wait to hear back. I thought it was a little odd they are the by far the quickest for having both interviews done before other companies even offer the first interview times. Stamford is nice, and RBS is known for their comfortable working environment.

Operations Analyst Interview

The HR process is really slow ,the manager interview is more detailed as they are with vintage staff members in the panel . Be prepare with banking basis for L1 &L2 jobs

Interview Questions
    • For AM & Managers HR related tips and tricks will be tested in long causal talks ,beware of the long conversions and previous experience achievements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in January 2014.

ask about genaral internview ques. my education experience and internship experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2013.

went through a recruiter. the process was very quick. Once I had the interview, the offer followed within 2 weeks. The bank is in need of a lot of contractors as no additional permanent staff can be hired due to head count limitations. they do offer contractors internal opportunities as well, so it worth sticking with.

Analyst Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in June 2013.

Direct walk in with introduction round followed by aptitude test which was very easy. HR round after that very easy and finally round with managers which was not that difficult to crack. For career in Operations most of the questions are easy as its a process based job and you need to follow steps A to Z . The remuneration was less than the market standard.

Interview Questions
    • no technical questions only they see your willingness to work   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in November 2011.

basic behavioral questions. HR will send out email several days before the interview, outlining the questions which may be asked in the interview. I am asked to describe a situation when I feel chellenged. They also put much attention on team work experience.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in December 2009.

there was 3 rounds of interview. first was GD to test the communication skill. second was online aptitude test with analytical, reasoning, English grammar and numerical type of question. finally it was a one to one interview with the manager. it was just like a personal interview and nothing technical.