Royal Bank of Scotland Sales and Trading Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

First you have your one on one interviews through your school. Then they invite you to a reception where you mingle with current employees. Then the second round is composed of 1 on 1 interviews with MD's and Heads of departments which are all fit based.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Greenwich, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in October 2009.

The interview was with 3 members of the senior management team in the Sales and Trading field at RBS. The interview was difficult because they had three people asking questions and it was hard to focus on one person. The questions were largely background information, but some of the questions were why sales and trading and why this industry. My answer were not sufficient in many cases and they kept pushing me for a better answer. I worked at a small financial firm and they asked what products I was most interested in and I struggled to answer not because I didn't know, but just because I never thought about what "products" the company offered. Looking back, I can think of a million things, but at the time, they did not seem to care because I had worked for an insignificant financial firm. I needed to give them actual and pertinent answers and while they said this was more of an "informal" interview, it sure did not feel like it. They played the "laid back" card, but this was not the overall feeling of the interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Royal Bank of Scotland? Contribute to the Community!