Royal Bank of Scotland Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email inviting me to interview but they forgot to include the location for the interview. I was also not given a role profile (despite asking for one) nor was I told about the competency based interview I was to expect nor sent the guidelines for competency based interview questions (which I should have been). There were two interviewers who asked three competency based interview questions and two technical questions - all questions I was told would be identical for all candidates. At the end of the interview I was told that they would get back to me in 2-3 weeks and if I was unsuccessful they would provide me with feedback. After waiting six weeks and hearing nothing I think it is safe to assume I did not get the job and they would not be bothering either to tell me or to provide feedback. The interview itself was very professional but the recruitment process around it was appalling!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between functional and non-functional requirements?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The job application process is extremely exhaustive and has a mix of everything from technology related interviews to 2 hour written exams. I had an interview with the client as well. In total there were 8 rounds.

Interview Questions

• They asked 7 questions on SAS and SQL for which yo would have to write the entire codes. 2 Hour long paper.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England (UK)) in October 2009.

Interview

I was selected because they needed what I had to offer. It was hard to envisage what they wanted until I got in there. I realized afterwards that I could have been more effective if the person who hired me had enrolled the people I worked with into the project.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to solve a situation without being given facts. It was described to me as a perception of the interviewer. When I asked them lots of questions to establish the facts, then I could answer usefully.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was like the manager negotiatng with me was negotiatating on behalf of someone else. The someone else never showed up. It would have been better if the person responsible took responsibility and negotiated directly.