Royal Bank of Scotland

Royal Bank of Scotland Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Very complicated

Interview Questions
  • Why you want to come to RBS??...........there is no work.   Answer Question
Cool.........get some other company offer and get 20-30 % hike on that.

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Bank of Scotland

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2013.

Consultancy Scheduled the interview , they sent a link for online written test. Later in the next Saturday the conducted interview. It contains total Four rounds and one hr.
    1. Technical Round:- Asked the Question on Core Java , Struts, SQL, Servlets and Jsp's.
    2. Round :- It contains two persons interviewed me at this round one for SQL and other for Java.
    3. Round: It is a managerial round there they asks about the project and the major issues faced during the project management.
    4. Round : It is a managerial round there they asks about the project and the major issues faced during the project management. same as third round.
    5. HR interview they negotiating about the package like anything.

Interview Questions
    • Why you are interesting to join in RBS, did your company offered any thing while you going to put paper   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in August 2008.

Got the email from naurki.com regarding the opening. I followed up with the HR contact and setup my interview. 2 rounds of interview were there after which they sent me home. Called me again after 1 week saying that I had cleared the interviews and i should submit my papers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in June 2011.

Hiring and interview process is very slow and pathetic. I went through 8 rounds of interview in span of 2 months before getting hired. and strange thing is that in every round of interview the questions were almost same.

Interview Questions
    They dont negotiate much. They offered me more then I asked for :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in July 2011.

Interviews are usually conducted by individual teams instead of some central HR Panel.
    Usually 4-5 rounds of interview is done including intial Telephonic rounds and Face 2 Face technical, Managerial after that HR rounds are done. in case of interview drives written tests are also conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Depends upon requirement but there is no fixed format. Requires fair amount of preparation .   View Answer
    Its usually fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in April 2011.

First took a online test with Java-J2EE, SQL and other questions. Then had a first round of technical interview. After that another round of technical interview then a managerial round and HR round in the end.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to design an application with a single page UI which can show the details of the employees of an organization using any framework I am comfortable with. Then the interviewer asked the questions why I chose this particular framework rather than others, asked if some additional features were added like session handling, concurrent access and multiple browser signin by same users, how to handle those scenarios and then how can I improve the performance of the application.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in March 2011.

The initial round was a telephonic round. the interview lasted for more than an hour in which I was grilled about Java, Unix and SQL. The interviewer was very knowledgeable fellow, the questions were pretty tough and at one time it seemed as if they were hiring me to build a rocket for NASA in Java.

It was followed by two written tests , A Video Conference and a one to one with a project manager all in the same day.

The telephonic and the other interviews were about 10 days apart.

Good experience over all.

Interview Questions
    • 1.Build an implementation of a hashmap without using collections.
      2. Implement a least recently used Cache, write a code snippet for it.

View Answer
    • RBS is losing money, you work for a good organization. Why do you want to join us ?   View Answer
    Yes, I was able to negotiate as I had other offers in hand as well. The HR guys do not budge easily untill you are really special or the project requires you badly. The negotiation would not fetch you a very huge amount of money, the revised offer would be close to what you were offered previously.