Royal Caribbean Cruises

42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cruise Director's Staff Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was great, I contacted the hiring rep of the company from my country. They were very helpful, the interview process was great, accomomdating. The next step was with the hiring rep for the company in Miami, they were also great. They offered me the job after two interviews and followed up with relevant information docs very quickly.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Enivronmental Officer Interview

Miami, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very long. Interviewed with 5 or 6 people

Interview Question – You don't plan to get pregnant do you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

Interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises

Interview Details – Long time ago, but not too professional, has improved a lot lately.

Interview Question – Most questions did not pertain to my job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it attitude.

Waiter Interview

Waiter

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in September 2010.

Interview Details – You have to go through thorough screening, need to pass medical examinations and interview the the principal.

Interview Question – salad dressing ingredients..   Answer Question

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Senior Internal Auditor
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen was a typical 20-30 min question and answer session, with the first question being "tell me about yourself". Interviewer was not from HR but from line management; was very efficient and answered questions about the hiring process and travel time outside of HQ.

Interview Question – During the screening, no real difficult or unexpected questions arose.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Springfield, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was taken to some basic assessments that I had to complete. I received a phone call a week or so afterwards from someone in HR dept. She asked me what I knew about the company and what I thought they did. After the phone interview she set me up a time to come in the following week for an in person interview. The first part of the interview I sat with a worker while he took a few calls. I was then brought to a cubicle area where I was asked to find pricing info on a cruise via there website. After that I talked with two ladies who referred to them selves as sales coaches. I was handed a flyer to look at for a few minutes and was told to sell them a cruise. This was completely unexpected and I did horribly. When I applied to this job I understood it was to be for taking inbound calls and helping people with their reservations. I had no idea I would be *Selling* anything.They then went on to ask a series of questions that I tried my best to answer. I have never been on an interview like this before and i really wish I had a little knowledge beforehand of what to expect. Needless to say I never heard back form them.

Interview Question – The most unusual question asked was-How long would you be willing to FAIL at this job?   Answer Question

Cruise Representative Agent Interview

Cruise Representative Agent
Springfield, OR

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in September 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed at the Springfield Call Center. It's a stress interview. I entered into their massive hallway and introduced myself to security. They recorded the precise time I arrived in their records. One of the younger members of the sales team came to get me 15 minutes late so I waited for half and hour and was really nervous when I was ushered in. I had two back to back interviews, one for a cruise representative position and the other for customer service. I totally bombed the cruise representative interview because the first thing they did was have me take a computer test. They tell you to look up a cruise for a certain date and time on their website. Look at their website before you go to the interview and learn how to navigate it! Also it's a trick question because if you do the search right you get multiple answers. I have horrible interview anxiety and can't think during interviews so when they told me to do four things at once I freaked out and bombed the test (I don't think the test is THAT much of a problem for normal people). Then they asked me standard sales questions and had me do a mock sales phone call. (They gave me a sheet of paper with two cruises and their info on it and then one of them pretended to be the customer and I had to sell the cruises.)
I did much better during the customer service interview because those people are super supportive and nice, but they were mostly recruiting salespeople so I guess I didn't make the cut.

Interview Question – I think the computer search phased me the most, but that's just me.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises.

Interview Details – Submitted online and was contacted to see if I wanted the position

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Support Interview

Sales Support

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in May 2009.

Interview Details – Worked for hiring manager in a previous company.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to override a superiors decision to upper management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it...no room to negotiate

Youth Staff Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was based on a simple conversation between the two parts, with some normal and non abusive questions. They make 3 different steps, and all the interviewers are extremely kind and polite. They are actually great and make you feel comfortable.
Since my location was a bit far from the office, all the process has been made through skype and telephone.
If you want to work on RCC, you just have to meet the skills they want and be passionate.

Interview Question – Where would you see yourself in the next 5 years, whithin the company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Familiar issues.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Royal Caribbean Cruises

Worked for Royal Caribbean Cruises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Caribbean Cruises interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Royal Caribbean Cruises employees and interview candidates.