Royal Caribbean Cruises Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.5

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Long time ago, but not too professional, has improved a lot lately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it attitude.

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen was a typical 20-30 min question and answer session, with the first question being "tell me about yourself". Interviewer was not from HR but from line management; was very efficient and answered questions about the hiring process and travel time outside of HQ.

Interview Questions

• During the screening, no real difficult or unexpected questions arose.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Springfield, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was taken to some basic assessments that I had to complete. I received a phone call a week or so afterwards from someone in HR dept. She asked me what I knew about the company and what I thought they did. After the phone interview she set me up a time to come in the following week for an in person interview. The first part of the interview I sat with a worker while he took a few calls. I was then brought to a cubicle area where I was asked to find pricing info on a cruise via there website. After that I talked with two ladies who referred to them selves as sales coaches. I was handed a flyer to look at for a few minutes and was told to sell them a cruise. This was completely unexpected and I did horribly. When I applied to this job I understood it was to be for taking inbound calls and helping people with their reservations. I had no idea I would be *Selling* anything.They then went on to ask a series of questions that I tried my best to answer. I have never been on an interview like this before and i really wish I had a little knowledge beforehand of what to expect. Needless to say I never heard back form them.

Interview Questions

• The most unusual question asked was-How long would you be willing to FAIL at this job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL).

Interview

Submitted online and was contacted to see if I wanted the position

Negotiation

No negotiation

Cruise Representative Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Springfield, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed at the Springfield Call Center. It's a stress interview. I entered into their massive hallway and introduced myself to security. They recorded the precise time I arrived in their records. One of the younger members of the sales team came to get me 15 minutes late so I waited for half and hour and was really nervous when I was ushered in. I had two back to back interviews, one for a cruise representative position and the other for customer service. I totally bombed the cruise representative interview because the first thing they did was have me take a computer test. They tell you to look up a cruise for a certain date and time on their website. Look at their website before you go to the interview and learn how to navigate it! Also it's a trick question because if you do the search right you get multiple answers. I have horrible interview anxiety and can't think during interviews so when they told me to do four things at once I freaked out and bombed the test (I don't think the test is THAT much of a problem for normal people). Then they asked me standard sales questions and had me do a mock sales phone call. (They gave me a sheet of paper with two cruises and their info on it and then one of them pretended to be the customer and I had to sell the cruises.)
    I did much better during the customer service interview because those people are super supportive and nice, but they were mostly recruiting salespeople so I guess I didn't make the cut.

Interview Questions

• I think the computer search phased me the most, but that's just me.   1 Answer

Sound Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL).

Interview

Royal farms out its recruiting process to "hiring partners" who presumably get a financial cookie for each successful new recruit. Getting an interview with a hiring partner is relatively easy. But they may sit on your successful interview for some time without forwarding this on to the actual company. I had some success by interviewing with several hiring partners for Royal. This pressed them as each one wanted the cookie.

Questions asked by these partners reveal quickly that the partners do not know what they are talking about. Just deal with it and make it to interview 2 at which point you are speaking to actual employees who actually do understand the skillsets required.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to explain specific troubleshooting process. Demonstrate that you can solve unexpected problems quickly. Demonstrate knowledge on the specific equipment that the company owns (Digico, Yamaha). They specifically want to know this. Experience on Soundcraft desks (and not theirs) will probably not get you the job.   Answer Question

Youth Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was based on a simple conversation between the two parts, with some normal and non abusive questions. They make 3 different steps, and all the interviewers are extremely kind and polite. They are actually great and make you feel comfortable.
    Since my location was a bit far from the office, all the process has been made through skype and telephone.
    If you want to work on RCC, you just have to meet the skills they want and be passionate.

Interview Questions

• Where would you see yourself in the next 5 years, whithin the company?   1 Answer

Familiar issues.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very easy interview, just general questions. They hire you on basis of your resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

P/T Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

I was given 5 minutes to type what is on the screen. And see how many word I can type in that 5 minutes and how many errors I made. Also including some translation of words. The interviewer was very nice and I was not nervous at all. Overall it was very simple and not pressuring at all, if you can type 50 words/min you should not have any problem with this interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises (Miami, FL).

Interview

Interview was setup and hiring manager was excited to move forward and then I never heard back. The hiring manager talked about how good of a match I was for the position and I would hear back in a week with next steps. I followed up several times and not even a response. HR never responds to emails or phone calls. I have heard from many others that this is very typical for Royal Caribbean. Be careful spending to much time interviewing them because it could be a waste of your time.

Interview Questions

• Talked about details that were not in the job description and not even mentioned in the job description.   Answer Question