Royal Caribbean Cruises

Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.6

Sound Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises.

Royal farms out its recruiting process to "hiring partners" who presumably get a financial cookie for each successful new recruit. Getting an interview with a hiring partner is relatively easy. But they may sit on your successful interview for some time without forwarding this on to the actual company. I had some success by interviewing with several hiring partners for Royal. This pressed them as each one wanted the cookie.

Questions asked by these partners reveal quickly that the partners do not know what they are talking about. Just deal with it and make it to interview 2 at which point you are speaking to actual employees who actually do understand the skillsets required.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to explain specific troubleshooting process. Demonstrate that you can solve unexpected problems quickly. Demonstrate knowledge on the specific equipment that the company owns (Digico, Yamaha). They specifically want to know this. Experience on Soundcraft desks (and not theirs) will probably not get you the job.   Answer Question

Youth Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in February 2013.

The interview was based on a simple conversation between the two parts, with some normal and non abusive questions. They make 3 different steps, and all the interviewers are extremely kind and polite. They are actually great and make you feel comfortable.
    Since my location was a bit far from the office, all the process has been made through skype and telephone.
    If you want to work on RCC, you just have to meet the skills they want and be passionate.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you see yourself in the next 5 years, whithin the company?   View Answer

Familiar issues.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises.

Very easy interview, just general questions. They hire you on basis of your resume

No negotiations

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises.

Interview was setup and hiring manager was excited to move forward and then I never heard back. The hiring manager talked about how good of a match I was for the position and I would hear back in a week with next steps. I followed up several times and not even a response. HR never responds to emails or phone calls. I have heard from many others that this is very typical for Royal Caribbean. Be careful spending to much time interviewing them because it could be a waste of your time.

Interview Questions
    • Talked about details that were not in the job description and not even mentioned in the job description.   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in June 2012.

Received and email with an interview request. had a three interview process that included a test of design skills and review of current and future marketing materials for input

Interview Questions
    • how would you manage others who are not in tune with your design style.   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in May 2012.

I got a phone call, he asked me around 15 technical programming questions ranging from programming to theoretical., he then when and explain the different positions at royal caribbean he asked me which one i was most interested on. Then it was my turn to ask question, when i was done he offered my the internship and I accepted.

No negotiation, he said this is the salary for your position, do you accept

Assistant Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in March 2012.

my interview was held onboard where i apply for asst.waiter 70% my answer were correct but i was not selected i don't know y but now i am home for vacation when i go back i will retry for asst.waiter if the company have job posting

Interview Questions
    • will i get a chance now for asst.waiter i have 11 years hotel industries work experience from 1997 to 2008   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in February 2012.

Met with HR recruiter at a Career Fair. Phone interview and in person interview.

Data Entry In Guest Information Department Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in August 2011.

One supervisor and I interviewed good questions and answers. First I took the data entry test to type the words and the numbers to know how much run the speed of wpm, then we interviewed, this supervisor questioned simply and I answered very good.

Musician - Lead Alto Sax Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Caribbean Cruises in June 2011.

Firstly, I was hired through a talent agency. After expressing interest in working on board a cruise ship, they called me with an opening and asked that I submit a series of auditions to them to determine my qualifications. After the audition process, I had a limited time to acquire a passport and a plethora of medical tests in order to be allowed on the ship. Once everything was in order, the talent agency payed for my transportation to the airport and the ship and I was expected to start working as soon as I was signed on board my vessel.

Interview Questions
    • Since the interview was more of an audition than an interview, I'll go more into the audition requirements... Good sight-reading skills area MUST. The agency will typically mail you a packet of music which you are not allowed to open until you are on the phone or camera with the person in charge of judging your audition.   Answer Question