Royal Dutch Shell

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in December 2008.

The first day is the technical interview with a one-hour presentation of my research project, followed up by several 1-1 interview with managers. They asked some questions that you may never think in that aspect. The technical interview manager was nice.
The second day is the famous Shell Recruiting Day, including the technical interview (1 hr), business strategy case interview, and group interview. They gave you a case of developing a new business plan in a small island, and asked you the associated opportunities and risks.

Interview Questions
  • If an extreme situation is assumed for your research, what would you expect for your research results?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Dutch Shell

Reservoir Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

I applyed my application at the February (Deadline was in the middle of april). In the end of Aprril they called me - it was telephone interview, there were a lot of general questions, about work expierence and etc, after in the middle of May I checked my application there was assessment day status. In the Middle of June there was AsD - at first technical presentation - 1 hour, break, situational exercise, structural interview. Then I asked questions. AsD were 4 hours. On next day they called me with positive answer.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in January 2010.

it consisted of

individual case study (lot of information, papers, emails, reports, press release etc. are given and in 1 hr you have to go through them and then make a 5 mt presentation on the issues and problems and solution and strategies. then about 30 mts question session by the reviewers).

group case study (similar to the above, but the social investment options have to be discussed and agreed upon a group (we were six candidates))

then technical presentation

Interview Questions
    • how do you monitor the safety aspects of the company   Answer Question
    • how do you make sure that the money spend on social investment has not reached wrong hands   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in March 2008.

The interview was cordial and the company gave very transparent inference of them. They were very frank in the dischssion,