Royal Dutch Shell

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in December 2008.

Interview Details – The first day is the technical interview with a one-hour presentation of my research project, followed up by several 1-1 interview with managers. They asked some questions that you may never think in that aspect. The technical interview manager was nice.
The second day is the famous Shell Recruiting Day, including the technical interview (1 hr), business strategy case interview, and group interview. They gave you a case of developing a new business plan in a small island, and asked you the associated opportunities and risks.

Interview Question – If an extreme situation is assumed for your research, what would you expect for your research results?   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview Details – I applyed my application at the February (Deadline was in the middle of april). In the end of Aprril they called me - it was telephone interview, there were a lot of general questions, about work expierence and etc, after in the middle of May I checked my application there was assessment day status. In the Middle of June there was AsD - at first technical presentation - 1 hour, break, situational exercise, structural interview. Then I asked questions. AsD were 4 hours. On next day they called me with positive answer.

Interview Question – Question about the case, when I persuade somebody   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in January 2010.

Interview Details – it consisted of

individual case study (lot of information, papers, emails, reports, press release etc. are given and in 1 hr you have to go through them and then make a 5 mt presentation on the issues and problems and solution and strategies. then about 30 mts question session by the reviewers).

group case study (similar to the above, but the social investment options have to be discussed and agreed upon a group (we were six candidates))

then technical presentation

Interview Questions

• how do you monitor the safety aspects of the company   Answer Question
  • how do you make sure that the money spend on social investment has not reached wrong hands   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in March 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was cordial and the company gave very transparent inference of them. They were very frank in the dischssion,

Interview Question – salary   Answer Question

Worked for Royal Dutch Shell? Contribute to the Community!