Royal Dutch Shell

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

State College, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through the New Graduate application. Got an email about 1 week later to set up an interview on campus.

Interview: Lasted a total of 1.5 hours. They really don't look through the resume nor the transcript. Asking a series of situation based questions and your actions. They will then ask you to choose a situation out of 4 where you are a CEO then they ask a series of questions based on that. It is a long process and none of the questions are easy. I am Civil Engineer and no idea on any of the 4. Thus, I chose a business one but it was very complicated.

The interviewer was really nice and tried to make things comfortable.

Interview Question – Pretend you are a CEO of a multi-national company, how do you motivate people?   View Answer

Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview Details – Firstly there will be an online assessment which consists of maths and also problem solving skills. If you pass this stage, you'll be selected for a phone interview session. This interview will be divided into 3 sections: how well you work in a team, why do you choose the field you're applying into and finally a Q&A sessions with the interviewer.

Interview Question – How do you handle miscommunication when working in a team   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in April 2012.

Interview Details – the one day intervew can be divided into three parts
1) group interview on the investment projects
2) 1 hour case study (individual)
3) final interview with hirng manager, HR, another related area Engineer in pannel.

it is intensive, but I learnt a lot after that one day interview.
The feedbacks they provide after interview are quite useful,
which secure me several offers from other
companies in the later interview.

Interview Question – did you make any changes to the projects which you have involved before? and what the details of changes?   Answer Question

Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in January 2011.

Interview Details – Sent off application December 20th 2011. Having my telephone interview February 20th 2012. Easy communication with HR team up to phone interview.

Negotiation Details – Didn't have to..good enough.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in December 2011.

Interview Details – Typical competency questions for first 40 minutes but there were a lot of further questions probing quite deeply on each example so that I only got to talk about 2 or 3 of my experiences. For the last 20 minutes, I was given a choice of 4 topics to discuss. The one I chose was the role of social responsibility for a large international company such as Shell. Another was how to hire and retain high-calibre people in the company. One was about the usefulness of virtual teams.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time something was not going to plan and you had to change your approach   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in May 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview with a HR personnel
Situational and behavioral questions
Discussion on a topic (you choose the topic from the list provided)

generally easy if you have prepare yourself with the questions

Interview Question – if you are a CEO of a company, what would you do to expand your company?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was away on the suggested day of their interview and they were unwilling to reschedule or to do a telephone interview. This shows how little future employees mean to them and that they are just trying to fill a quota by interviewing as many random people as possible. Many other companies are more than willing to reschedule or compromise interview dates.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Worked for Royal Dutch Shell? Contribute to the Community!