Royal Dutch Shell Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  State College, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in September 2012.

Applied online through the New Graduate application. Got an email about 1 week later to set up an interview on campus.

Interview: Lasted a total of 1.5 hours. They really don't look through the resume nor the transcript. Asking a series of situation based questions and your actions. They will then ask you to choose a situation out of 4 where you are a CEO then they ask a series of questions based on that. It is a long process and none of the questions are easy. I am Civil Engineer and no idea on any of the 4. Thus, I chose a business one but it was very complicated.

The interviewer was really nice and tried to make things comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Pretend you are a CEO of a multi-national company, how do you motivate people?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Dutch Shell

Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Firstly there will be an online assessment which consists of maths and also problem solving skills. If you pass this stage, you'll be selected for a phone interview session. This interview will be divided into 3 sections: how well you work in a team, why do you choose the field you're applying into and finally a Q&A sessions with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle miscommunication when working in a team   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in April 2012.

the one day intervew can be divided into three parts
    1) group interview on the investment projects
    2) 1 hour case study (individual)
    3) final interview with hirng manager, HR, another related area Engineer in pannel.

it is intensive, but I learnt a lot after that one day interview.
    The feedbacks they provide after interview are quite useful,
    which secure me several offers from other
    companies in the later interview.

Interview Questions
    • did you make any changes to the projects which you have involved before? and what the details of changes?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in January 2011.

Sent off application December 20th 2011. Having my telephone interview February 20th 2012. Easy communication with HR team up to phone interview.

Didn't have to..good enough.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in December 2011.

Typical competency questions for first 40 minutes but there were a lot of further questions probing quite deeply on each example so that I only got to talk about 2 or 3 of my experiences. For the last 20 minutes, I was given a choice of 4 topics to discuss. The one I chose was the role of social responsibility for a large international company such as Shell. Another was how to hire and retain high-calibre people in the company. One was about the usefulness of virtual teams.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time something was not going to plan and you had to change your approach   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in May 2010.

1:1 interview with a HR personnel
    Situational and behavioral questions
    Discussion on a topic (you choose the topic from the list provided)

generally easy if you have prepare yourself with the questions

Interview Questions
    • if you are a CEO of a company, what would you do to expand your company?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in October 2009.

I was away on the suggested day of their interview and they were unwilling to reschedule or to do a telephone interview. This shows how little future employees mean to them and that they are just trying to fill a quota by interviewing as many random people as possible. Many other companies are more than willing to reschedule or compromise interview dates.

Interview Questions

Worked for Royal Dutch Shell? Contribute to the Community!