Royal Dutch Shell Graduate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014

3.7

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Interview

Phone Interview with a local HR personnel.
The process is pretty fast after the few online assessments which is automatically sent out.
Interview questions are actually predictable if prepared well before hand.

After the phone interview will be the SRD.

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Dutch Shell

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

you have to register until end of deadline on Shell.com and choose one way : 1- an assessed internship 2- graduate program
    after submission you pass an online behavior online test(unlimited time)
    then decision making and numerical test

if you successfully passed exams u invited to an phone interview

Interview Questions
    • i suggest to anybody search and practice on competency based interview, behavior interview   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

I initially applied for the Summer internship position in March and got the interview invitation three weeks later. After successfully passing this stage in May, I was invited for the Shell Recruitment Day, which is the last stage of hiring for the internship position. After two months of waiting for the date I was told that I could no longer do the internship with them and that they would invite me for the SRD for the full-time employment later that year. I ended up going for the SRD 11 months after my initial application with them. After what seemed to me as the perfect day at their HQ, I was 99% sure I was gonna get an offer for employment, which didn't happen, because I wasn't the right match.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed their perceptiveness to the applicants and wouldn't mind going through the SRD again just for the fun of it.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, if local population didn't want the Green technology in their area, because the solar panels are ugly?!   View Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Hague (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Hague (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

After a first CV check, you are directly invited to finish a questionnaire on behaviours and a numerical test. Being successful at that, you are invited for a phone interview. After that you might be invited for a Shell Recruitment Day. During this day you will have to do an e-tray assignment, a group discussion, a case interview and a personal interview. Within three working days you will receive an offer or you will get rejected.

Interview Questions
    • For the case interview, think of multiple solution. After presenting your first best solution, you are expected to come up with alternative solutions.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Last week I passed the first 2 stages, I had the phone interview yesterday and I am waiting for the response. The interview is exactly how described by the other posts. Same dynamics, same questions. Try to be sinthetic. They do not care about the type of experience you are telling them. They just want to see if you are clear in explaining your experience. I suggest to prepare some notes in advance ( the questions are ALWAYS the same). Not too much detailed, just bullet points in order to be more flexible

Graduation Interview

It takes about two months. After three online test, I am invited to a phone interview which is conducted by a operation manager or something, not HR. The questions are very very detailed and specific.

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

First, there are competency tests (personality test, analytical and decision-making tests, computations and other mathematical problems, such as reading graphs), then there is a 1 hour interview (by phone or in person), then there is the assignment at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe the evolution of a relationship, in order to achieve an objective.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Their processing time is really fast. I received my phone interview just less than 2 weeks after I submitted my application online. However, the phone interview is really tough and took a longer time than I expected (Approx 1.5 hours). They asked so many questions in terms of my previous experiences. For future candidates, just remember to prepare as many examples as possible.

Interview Questions
    • They asked to provide so many examples for one skills.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Firstly there will be aptitude exams (behaviour, numerical and finally situation), subsequently you will receive a tele-interview or a face-to-face interview (based on you situation) and lastly there will be a invite to Shell Day. There will be 2 parts to Shell Day, Day 1 will just be a pre briefing; Day 2 will be the actual assessment)

Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

The online reasoning test was straight forward. Make sure you can justify your decisions. There is no time limit, so take your time and consider what would be the most logical response.
    The numerical test is not particularly hard, but the time constraint adds pressure. The obvious thing to do is practice the widely available online examples first, and be confident you can work out the typical solutions quickly.
    For the telephone interview, emphasis was on working relationships and other common competencies. My advice is to put some time in and think about your experiences and how these demonstrate core competencies. In my case, I was interviewed by an experienced technical member of staff. The interviewer was vey friendly and I enjoyed the process. In some ways, there is unlimited prep one can do, for a good interview (as i had) takes examples you've given and really pulls them apart, for example picking on particular parts of your answer and investigate this further. With that said, another piece of very obvious advice is do not lie. No knowledge of the company was required in my case, but I think referring to the company (current/past projects etc) was appreciated. Haven't done the next stage yet... good luck.

Interview Questions
    • "You mentioned a particular relationship. What problems did you encounter with this?"   View Answer
    n/a - haven't finished yet