Royal Dutch Shell Graduate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

3.6

Graduate Interview

Interview

Phone Interview with a local HR personnel. The process is pretty fast after the few online assessments which is automatically sent out. Interview questions are actually predictable if prepared well before hand. After the phone interview will be the SRD.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Dutch Shell

Graduate Interview

Interview

It was a face to face interview in shell office. You will be placed in a room with interviewer. It was a grueling 45 minutes interview session. Many probing questions and you have to be well prepared. The interviewer will ask questions based on CAR criteria.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview

The online assessment was for a very limited time. So you need to be focused and in a quiet environment. The call lasted 1 and half hour and it went well. It would be better if you get prepared. The women on line was very friendly. Now I'll see how SRD goes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you have to solve conflict   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview

Online application of usual questions and paragraphs on previous experience, relevant work experience and references. Followed by a behavioral test where scenarios are portrayed and you have to pick the option you are A most likely to do and B the worst option. These ranged from common sense to more difficult company value aimed questions. Following this round you are invited to complete a maths test. This is a timed test of 16 questions in 20 minutes. Although multiple choice it was tough and very difficult to get though all of the questions in the allotted time.

Interview Questions

• The maths test was difficult due to the short amount of time to read the information and the multiple choice options. Percentage loss and increase were important themes.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I initially applied for the Summer internship position in March and got the interview invitation three weeks later. After successfully passing this stage in May, I was invited for the Shell Recruitment Day, which is the last stage of hiring for the internship position. After two months of waiting for the date I was told that I could no longer do the internship with them and that they would invite me for the SRD for the full-time employment later that year. I ended up going for the SRD 11 months after my initial application with them. After what seemed to me as the perfect day at their HQ, I was 99% sure I was gonna get an offer for employment, which didn't happen, because I wasn't the right match. On the other hand, I really enjoyed their perceptiveness to the applicants and wouldn't mind going through the SRD again just for the fun of it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do, if local population didn't want the Green technology in their area, because the solar panels are ugly?!   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview

you have to register until end of deadline on Shell.com and choose one way : 1- an assessed internship 2- graduate program after submission you pass an online behavior online test(unlimited time) then decision making and numerical test if you successfully passed exams u invited to an phone interview

Interview Questions

• i suggest to anybody search and practice on competency based interview, behavior interview   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview

Last week I passed the first 2 stages, I had the phone interview yesterday and I am waiting for the response. The interview is exactly how described by the other posts. Same dynamics, same questions. Try to be sinthetic. They do not care about the type of experience you are telling them. They just want to see if you are clear in explaining your experience. I suggest to prepare some notes in advance ( the questions are ALWAYS the same). Not too much detailed, just bullet points in order to be more flexible

Graduation Interview

Interview

It takes about two months. After three online test, I am invited to a phone interview which is conducted by a operation manager or something, not HR. The questions are very very detailed and specific.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview

First, there are competency tests (personality test, analytical and decision-making tests, computations and other mathematical problems, such as reading graphs), then there is a 1 hour interview (by phone or in person), then there is the assignment at the company.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the evolution of a relationship, in order to achieve an objective.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview

Their processing time is really fast. I received my phone interview just less than 2 weeks after I submitted my application online. However, the phone interview is really tough and took a longer time than I expected (Approx 1.5 hours). They asked so many questions in terms of my previous experiences. For future candidates, just remember to prepare as many examples as possible.

Interview Questions

• They asked to provide so many examples for one skills.   Answer Question