Royal Dutch Shell

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was offered an interview when shell came to recruit on campus. Half of the interview consisted of behavioral questions. The other half you chose topics such as research and development. You pretended you owned a company and you answered question relating to the topic. I would say they have an amazing management structure since it is less Hierarchal than other companies. Be able to analyze your problem solving skills, communication skills, and leadership skills, based on your experiences.

Interview Questions

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview Details – Very friendly, first half was why I wanted to Join Shell. Second half was about competencies

Interview Question – Asked whether I applied to any other internships   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in February 2014.

Interview Details – Online application, online test (situational and numerical), face to face interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to accomplish something under pressure: what were the key decisions you took during this time?   Answer Question

Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview Details – Contacted a connection in the company to aid with acquiring the inter position.

Interview Question – Did not have to interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell

Interview Details – Took me a week to apply. I received a call after a month

Interview Question – What is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in June 2012.

Interview Details – In Brazil: A lot of interviews on phone, and about 2 tests (one for english proficiency and another to test your Knowledge, both in english). By the end you will have an interview with the manager of the sector you chosed, after making somequestions about your activities in college you will receive some instructions about your future job.

Interview Question – Phone interview is the hardest, they reapeat the same kind of questions over and over propably to try your patience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Problems with college schedule.

Interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell

Interview Details – Overall, very good process, well organized from top to bottom. Starting from the initial website and information, all is very well done and has considerably fewer glitches than other firms which use Kenexa or Taleo networks.
The phone interview was probably the toughest I ever had, as they go further beyond the normal CBI type of interviews.

Interview Question – Give your view of the challenges and opportunities for the company.   View Answers (2)

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview Details – An hour long phone interview; will be required to talk in detail about leadership experiences, difficulties faced, and how you have been able to tailor communication styles to various groups of people.

Will then be asked to choose a topic to discuss about, whereby the interviewer will lead with some initial questions but you're expected to elaborate fully on.

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in March 2012.

Interview Details – The online application process was very easy. However, it took a long time before they interview me - applied by end of Dec and was interviewed in late March. It was a phone interview. 1.5 h long - indeed the longest phone interview I have ever done, but it was interesting, with a debating element included as well. A line manager called from Netherlands, so I suppose that you will be interviewed by your potential boss instead of an HR if you are offered an interview.

Interview Question – Debate, took around 1/2 hour.   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applying through the on-line portal first. Received a phone interview two weeks later. The phone interview lasted for one hour. Being notified about the result one week later.

Interview Question – As a manager in a MNC, what do you think is the advantage and disadvantage of having a working environment with diverse culture?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Royal Dutch Shell

Worked for Royal Dutch Shell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Dutch Shell Intern interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Royal Dutch Shell employees and interview candidates.