Royal Dutch Shell

Relevance Date Difficulty

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

GRADUATE POSITION
The Hague (Netherlands)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process for recent graduates is very simple and clear. After submission of your CV and application online, there is a numerical and personality assessment, following which you can be called for an interview. after a successful interview you are invited for the Shell recruitment day.
The assessments in my opinion were rather long but clear to understand. The response time after the assessment is also very quick (within a couple of days). The next round- the interview, is also streamlined very nicely although it is a bit repetitive. It lasts for about an hour and includes questions on your past achievements and relationships with your co workers. The final round is

Interview Question – I found the questions to be revolving around the same theme. Although they were not difficult, I had to put in some real effort to not give the same answers for an hour.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Graduate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview Details – Last week I passed the first 2 stages, I had the phone interview yesterday and I am waiting for the response. The interview is exactly how described by the other posts. Same dynamics, same questions. Try to be sinthetic. They do not care about the type of experience you are telling them. They just want to see if you are clear in explaining your experience. I suggest to prepare some notes in advance ( the questions are ALWAYS the same). Not too much detailed, just bullet points in order to be more flexible

Shell Graduate Programmer Interview

Shell Graduate Programmer
Cape Town (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview started off with the usual online application.After submitting CV and cover letter i then got invited to do the online tests which are about ranking certain situations in the workplace from the best response to the worst response.After 2 months from my initial application i got a notification about a phone interview. I was phoned by a woman from Shell HQ in The Hague,behavioural interview with some questions about the company at the end.The telephone lasted for over an hour.Most of the Shell interview processes are readily available online but i was still caught off guard by some of her HR questions.Know your story inside out and be prepared to state your achievements as if you did them alone. Sadly i got a rejection email 2 days after my interview. Goodluck to everyone :)

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to convince people to choose your idea.   Answer Question

Engineer (Entry Level) Interview

Engineer (Entry Level)

Interview Details – I applied online through the shell regional website. There were a series of online assessment. A number of behavoiral questions. This was followed by anlaytical questions. This was difficult as there was a time limit for each questions. The question itself was basic graphical questions but there was definitely pressure because of the time limit. Once passed the assesment, I waited for the call as it could be either a face-to-face interrview or a phone interview. I received a phone interview in few weeks time.

Interview Question – mostly basic questions , more to behavioral question
1) tell me about yourself
2) describe a situation where you displayed leadership
  Answer Question

Graduation Interview

Graduation

Interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell

Interview Details – It takes about two months. After three online test, I am invited to a phone interview which is conducted by a operation manager or something, not HR. The questions are very very detailed and specific.

Interview Question – Questions regarding the relationship   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in July 2014.

Interview Details – First I submitted my application through shell website. In the Next day, I was invited for the Online Assesment. The First online assesment is just simple Personal Test. Tips to pass this assessment is to humble and show the teamwork spirit.

After i Passed the 1st online assesment, I was invited to do the 2nd online assessment. The second online assesment is to value how can u solve the problem in some situation that u might faced in your future career life. After that is the problem solving part where it is simple math with restricted time.

I passed my second online assessment and was invited to have an interview in future. So Far still waiting the coordinator to arrange interview schedule with me

Interview Question – The Problem Solving Is just Simple Math, But the time is really short. Average 1 min for 1 Question   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell.

Interview Details – Firstly there will be an online assessment which consists of maths and also problem solving skills. If you pass this stage, you'll be selected for a phone interview session. This interview will be divided into 3 sections: how well you work in a team, why do you choose the field you're applying into and finally a Q&A sessions with the interviewer.

Interview Question – How do you handle miscommunication when working in a team   Answer Question

Assessed Interview

Assessed
The Hague (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Round one: personality test. Round two: decision-making test + numerical test (16 questions in 18 minutes). If round two is successfully completed, you will be invited to a 1h15min interview, which is purely behavioral and takes its point of departure in 'tell me of a time when you had to...' examples. Prepare your CV according to the CAR criteria (Shell website) and answer all behavioral questions according to the STAR model. Successful candidates will be contacted by HR, up to one month after the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you had to work with someone else to achieve a common goal.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Shell hires people according to personal fit rather than for specific positions and thus have to find you a job once successfully interviewed. Communication with HR can be very slow, and having been accepted, I had to start applying for other jobs when they still hadn't found me a position after two months.

Summer Interview

Summer
The Hague (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application and got an invitation to do an online assessment, which consisted of 2 parts: (1) competency-based and (2) decision-making and a problem-solving. You have to complete the first one successfully in order to be invited to do the second. I got an email saying I passed and an interview date is to be scheduled.
After almost two months, I finally got a date and had a face-to-face interview with a manager.

Interview Question – Questions were typical competence-based questions: example of teamwork, example of leadership, etc. He took notes on practically everything I said and rarely made any eye contact. He said that the HRs would take the decision based on his notes, which I found strange and a bit rude. Overall, the interview was not bad, but I've had much more pleasant ones. Make sure to have plenty of examples, even 3-4 for the same competence.   Answer Question

Process Data Engineer Interview

Process Data Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal Dutch Shell in July 2010.

Interview Details – Telephonic Interview followed by a Technical Interview with the Manager in Shell Office and finally an Interview with the HR to discuss salary. Later a letter is sent making the job offer which could possibly be further negotiated.

Interview Question – What sort of growth are you expecting   Answer Question