Royal Mail

Very Easy Interview

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter
Hounslow, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Mail in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was informed of the role through a family member. I applied online and the application was basic with details of my past education and work experience. There were no real difficult questions but it is important to be completely honest about your past as they may ask questions during the induction interview to trip you up. A month after submitting my application, I was called in for an interview. I was required to fill in various pieces of paperwork prior to arrival including the signing of permission to do a criminal records check and acknowledgement of the terms of employment. Upon arrival at the interview, it was clear that they were hiring a substantial amount of casuals as the queue outside the interview room was 20 people long. First you had to pass a documents checker who ensured you had all the relevant documents on your pre-interview checklist. Many were sent home as they forgot a photocopy of the front and back of their passports. Them there were 5 interviewers conducting the interviews which weren't traditional interviews. They lasted around 5 minutes and were focussed on ensuring the candidate was aware of their potential role (subject to change) and what to expect on their first day. I was accepted and sent to the next room to sign a contract. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – I would genuinely say there were no difficult questions for this job role   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for the casual role

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Royal Mail? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Royal Mail Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Royal Mail employees and interview candidates.