Royal Mail

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Service Manager Chesterfield Interview

IT Service Manager Chesterfield

I applied online and interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview Details – Applied for a number of IT roles online and heard nothing back. Eventually got a call about one of the roles and did a telephone interview/cv run through. Did some online assessments which didnt seem to go well. No feedback forthcoming though. However got invited for second interview which went well. Next day got invited to a second interview/chat. That was 5 weeks ago and Ive heard nothing since..... really unprofessional and unkind not letting interviewees know the outcome. I sacrificed 2 precious annual leave days not to mention travel expenses. Really poor conduct on behalf of RM. Judging by their lack of quality standards in HR Ive probably had a lucky escape!

Interview Question – Tell me your weaknesses...   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Royal Mail in September 2011.

Interview Details – Was initially contacted via Linkedin , the 2 round telephone interview and then a face to face
The process is quite straight forward but decision making takes a long time.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult all competency based questions really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate hard and you will probably get it as this is your opportunity and once you are in you don;t get any real increment anyway

Line Manager Interview

Line Manager
Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal Mail in April 2010.

Interview Details – Assessment centre with 2interviews based on leadership questions . Presentation on material given and role play . 2 One hour interviews skills test and verbal written work. Expect to supply right to work documents photo Passport bank details and general work life history for past five years

Peterborough, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Royal Mail in May 2010.

Interview Details – Slow process, mostly online tests and applications, once you have been short listed after about a month you will be invited into the office you chose in the application for an interview with the delivery office manager, just show your committed and have a quick walking pace and attention to detail and you'll be fine, it is then the decision of that manager and HR who then decide to employ you or not, always best to know someone who works there as that helps as royal mail is family orientated.

Interview Question – Not really anything out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable over 150,000 work for the company so you cant be different

Mail Sorter Interview

Mail Sorter
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Royal Mail in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a reply 2 months after for a interview. The interview was mainly checking my info and details were correct and was offered the position that day to start work 2 days later

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Royal Mail

Interview Details – Letter Shoring test

Interview Question – Cuting and tipping   Answer Question

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter Interview

Casual Christmas Parcel Sorter
Hounslow, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Royal Mail in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was informed of the role through a family member. I applied online and the application was basic with details of my past education and work experience. There were no real difficult questions but it is important to be completely honest about your past as they may ask questions during the induction interview to trip you up. A month after submitting my application, I was called in for an interview. I was required to fill in various pieces of paperwork prior to arrival including the signing of permission to do a criminal records check and acknowledgement of the terms of employment. Upon arrival at the interview, it was clear that they were hiring a substantial amount of casuals as the queue outside the interview room was 20 people long. First you had to pass a documents checker who ensured you had all the relevant documents on your pre-interview checklist. Many were sent home as they forgot a photocopy of the front and back of their passports. Them there were 5 interviewers conducting the interviews which weren't traditional interviews. They lasted around 5 minutes and were focussed on ensuring the candidate was aware of their potential role (subject to change) and what to expect on their first day. I was accepted and sent to the next room to sign a contract. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – I would genuinely say there were no difficult questions for this job role   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for the casual role

Casual Christamas Parcel Sorter Interview

Casual Christamas Parcel Sorter
Tamworth, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at Royal Mail.

Interview Details – Recieved an E-mail asking me to book an interview time and giving information on what was needed for the interview.

Interview was one on one, in a big room with other people and interviewers doing the same thing. Basicly if you turned up with all the things mentioned in the email you were given the job.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Postman
Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal Mail in October 2008.

Interview Details – There was no process I applied, went to a document check and previous employment was discussed.

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Procurement Manager Interview

Procurement Manager

Interviewed at Royal Mail

Interview Details – Got the interview lined up through recruitment agent. First step was a face to face agency interview to go through my CV and background, followed by some online test (routine stuffs like verbal and numerical tests). Finally invited to a whole day assessment center consisting 2 written tests and group interviews.

Interview Question – Written test - asked to produce a prioritisation of tasks for the procurement funtion   Answer Question

Worked for Royal Mail? Contribute to the Community!