Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology.

Interview

A pre interview test on basic skills, followed by an in-person interview with a panel of four people. Was quite straight forward and easy. RMIT HR communicated with me every step of the way and there were no lengthy delays.

Seasonal Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology in December 2012.

Interview

Very simple, talked to the supervisor and got the job -- i was a research fellow

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None at all

Pilot Plant Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Progressed to 1st stage only. Interview conducted by unqualified panellists. Professors and academia are not exactly HR qualified. Leave this to trained interviewers. Conducted by 5, this was a non behavioural.

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, 10 mins. Informal chat talking about the business and what it offers the public. I then had the chance to ask questions about facilities, set-up and days of work. Also whether the premises would be suitable for my practice and we would be splitting costs or I would be paying rent. Details would need to be finalised at next meeting. The interview process was easy but I expect the negotiating stage will be challenging.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I still have to meet with another partner in the company to negotiate terms and conditions. I think the negotiating process will be a step up in terms of difficulty. I will have a set of questions for the other party and some idea of boundaries in terms of general up-keep of the premises, hours of operation and access, timetabling of appointments, administration, record keeping, advertising and social media.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology.

Interview

Interview, followed by phone call, followed by Executive director meeting. Experience was fast and efficient and was conducted more like a discussion however this was because in engaged them in that manner. Pleasant group of people and good questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was good if a little unclear at the beginning regarding what the options where for salary etc.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in November 2010.

Interview

Heard about the job from a friend. Interview was a sit down meeting with two senior lecturers. I had previously written a similar subject so I had a syllabus and class notes I'd designed to talk about which dominated the discussion. I never felt too pressured and they were genuinely interested in finding out my skills and not overly testing me.

Interview Questions

• Is education your planned careerer path? (it's not)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, doesn't really happen at non senior positions at university.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2009.

Interview

5 people panel...... a bit confusing though.....was interviewed for cell biology research assistant. it was not at all tough they asked me basic genetics and heredity questions. asked me about my phd interest. there were two interviews one was telephonic by one person that was quite general and then group was very specific about the position. I would suggest ...dont get confuse with number of people......... only focus on asked questions.

Interview Questions

They wanted me to start immediately.......... was having contract with another company for more couple of months.

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2009.

Interview

face to face interview

Interview Questions

• why did you select to come to RMIT   1 Answer

Negotiation

was not negotiated. just accepted