Royal United Mortgage

Very Easy Interview

Mortgage Loan Adviser Interview

Mortgage Loan Adviser
Carmel, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Interview Details – I was contacted through my school's Career Services. I had two in person interviews that were more conversational than anything. The second one I shadowed someone that already had my position.

Interview Question – Mainly just questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer somewhere else.

Sales/Financial Advisor Interview

Sales/Financial Advisor
Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in March 2014.

Interview Details – I initially met some Royal United Mortgage employees at a career fair in downtown Indianapolis. I was not targeting them as a potential employer, they approached me and began chatting with me. They took my resume and encouraged me to check out their website. I was contacted quickly with an email to submit an application online. I did that and was then contacted via email regarding my first interview. Upon completing the first interview, I was quickly notified of a second interview. This was about an hour with a higher-up who was equally as bland as the gentleman in the first interview. I then sat down with an employee to learn about the job hands-on, but the phones were down, so we just talked a bit and then he decided to leave for the day, so we walked out together. They asked me back for a "Final Interview", however I had a conflict with a meeting downtown that I could not reschedule. Upon notifying the recruiter asking to reschedule the final interview, she said she can't and that they would be pursuing other candidates. Quite laughable, honestly, that a company would go through all of that, and then god forbid the candidate have something come up, they have zero flexibility. But I have received offers for literally double their starting salary, so I wasn't exactly crying in my soup.

Interview Question – When discussing my plans for my future, I mentioned that I had taken the GRE and the GMAT and was interested in pursuing a Master's Degree. The interviewer asked: "So is getting a Master's degree the only way you can become successful?"   View Answer

Schaumburg, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Interview Details – Go online and apply. you will get call and have three rounds of interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in March 2013.

Interview Details – I initially submitted an application online and found the recruiter's email on the company's website. I shot her an email attaching my resume for her convenience as I was looking for jobs and somewhat intrigued by this one, mainly because of the benefits and "flexible hours."
She gave me a call within an hour (which seems a little desperate but at the time I didn't really notice). We talked briefly about the position and of course she was selling me on it, so I agreed to come in for an interview. My first interview was a few days later with a Team Lead, and in my case happened to also be an Assistant Vice President. The interview started with a 10 min quiz on basic math skills and comprehension of mortgage equations, i.e. calculating gross monthly income with an hourly wage, etc. After the quiz, the AVP came in and asked me some pretty typical questions, but a few I hadn't anticipated. An example, "First names only, who is your least favorite manager/supervisor you've ever worked with and who is your most favorite, and why?" Then he asked about my least favorite supervisor, asking what that supervisor would say about me if he were to give her/him a call. I responded truthfully and confident, that although I didn't like her/him, he/she would say I was very outgoing, friendly, and a hardworker. Within a few days of my initial 1:1 interview, I was called back for a second interview (again seems desperate, but still was not thinking about that, just excited I had another interview, thinking "Man they must really like me"). Before my second interview began, I was asked to meet with their compliance director so he could ask me a few questions and verify it was alright to do a background check and etc. After I met with the Compliance Director I headed up stairs for my second interview which was with one of the Vice Presidents. This interview was actually easier and more laid back than my first interview - not sure why - but he asked typical interview questions and just kinda had a smooth conversation. That same day, I was offered the job via email with an attached offer letter from the recruiter (again desperate, but I was excited at the time). The whole process was about 7 days in duration.

Interview Question – What's the craziest thing you've done recently?   View Answer

Loan Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from the HR lady to setup an in person interview; I applied online so I figured the company was interested in my background. I get there, and the interviewer was late, and then looked at my resume and asked me 'why are we even talking?' And told me that he wasn't impressed with anything on my resume. He proceeded to ask me what kind of things I would want to buy if I had a lot of money. When I told him I'd probably be smart and save a bit at first, he told me he doesn't like to hire people who save and likes people who like to spend. He then bragged about how many cars he's owned and how many homes he has built at the age of 24. I wanted to tell him to quit trying to flirt with me, but I really needed the job, so I refrained from telling this guy off. I got the job. That's how much of a joke this place is, the interview can go horribly, and you'll still get offered a position.

Interview Question – All the questions were really easy...   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Advisor Interview

Mortgage Loan Advisor
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Interview Details – Met with two people after taking a quick easy math exam. Talked about previous work experience to see if the job was a fit. Talk about previous scenarios like most job interviews would go. Pretty much very similar to any job interview you would go to.

Interview Question – "make the most intriguing sentence you can with the following three words" lion sand zucchini   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I haven't fully accepted yet. There is a second interview process

Anonymous Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Interview Details – Professional but they are looking for warm bodies to fill seats. The all American look with little experience. They just want trainable " yes" people

Interview Question – They used text book questions, like why should I hire you? Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They give different comp plans to choose, choose the straight salary because loan amounts are low and they take forever to close

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in June 2011.

Interview Details – Recently changed, questions are sometimes odd and off putting but it the reaction to pressure that is being looked at. they only want the best or those that can be taught to be the best so bring your A game and be ready to sell something in the interview.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Mortgage Loan Advisor Interview

Mortgage Loan Advisor
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in March 2013.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with the recruiter in the Schaumburg office, was invited into the office for an in person interview with a sales manager and a team leader. Heard back same day if I would be invited back for a second interview. I was, and at this point I did a call with someone from their Indy office who reviewed my credit and backround check and gave me some notes on what they would need to get me licensed. I then sat with the team leader I interviewed with, got to see what the job entailed, and then I met with the big man in the office.

The recruiter was very friendly and helpful, the sales teams answered all my questions, and the whole process moved quickly and efficiently. I appreciated not sitting around and having to wait to hear from them.

Interview Question – When you experience a victory, how do you celebrate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All employees start out at the same base pay, once you transition from the training period, you have the option to choose your base/bonus plan.

Sales Interview

Sales
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on line. Two days later recieved a phone interview that lasted apx 20 minutes after which an appointment was scheduled to interview in the office. Three days later met with V.P. of sales, he was wearing a t-shirt. Did very little matching skills to the position or discussing the position indepth. He said he wanted to wait for the credit score before moving forward. Asked two questions; one, "What would be your dream job?" and two, "What is the biggest risk you have taken recently?". Received credit report from company which had credit score in 730 to 750 range. I was told Royal has two locations, Indianapolis and Chicago, with the Indianapolis office having about 80 sales consultants. Looking around the office, consultants appeared to be in late 20's to early 40's. Disappointed that Royal and V.P. were not more professional in the last interview. Got impression that they were not actually looking for best or talented candidates but looking more for people who could work at a lower salary level and would respond to pressure and micromanagement.

Worked for Royal United Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!