Royal United Mortgage

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.8

Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in August 2014.

I applied online and got called about a week later. I had one interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I felt like I didn't present myself very well, but I still got an offer a few days afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • "What is 45% of $2000?" - Wasn't ready for a math question!   View Answer
    I negotiated at first, but they did not accept my counter offer. I did not know at the time how easy bonuses were to reach.

Mortgage Loan Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

I was contacted through my school's Career Services. I had two in person interviews that were more conversational than anything. The second one I shadowed someone that already had my position.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer somewhere else.

Sales/Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in March 2014.

I initially met some Royal United Mortgage employees at a career fair in downtown Indianapolis. I was not targeting them as a potential employer, they approached me and began chatting with me. They took my resume and encouraged me to check out their website. I was contacted quickly with an email to submit an application online. I did that and was then contacted via email regarding my first interview. Upon completing the first interview, I was quickly notified of a second interview. This was about an hour with a higher-up who was equally as bland as the gentleman in the first interview. I then sat down with an employee to learn about the job hands-on, but the phones were down, so we just talked a bit and then he decided to leave for the day, so we walked out together. They asked me back for a "Final Interview", however I had a conflict with a meeting downtown that I could not reschedule. Upon notifying the recruiter asking to reschedule the final interview, she said she can't and that they would be pursuing other candidates. Quite laughable, honestly, that a company would go through all of that, and then god forbid the candidate have something come up, they have zero flexibility. But I have received offers for literally double their starting salary, so I wasn't exactly crying in my soup.

Interview Questions
    • When discussing my plans for my future, I mentioned that I had taken the GRE and the GMAT and was interested in pursuing a Master's Degree. The interviewer asked: "So is getting a Master's degree the only way you can become successful?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Go online and apply. you will get call and have three rounds of interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in March 2013.

I initially submitted an application online and found the recruiter's email on the company's website. I shot her an email attaching my resume for her convenience as I was looking for jobs and somewhat intrigued by this one, mainly because of the benefits and "flexible hours."
    She gave me a call within an hour (which seems a little desperate but at the time I didn't really notice). We talked briefly about the position and of course she was selling me on it, so I agreed to come in for an interview. My first interview was a few days later with a Team Lead, and in my case happened to also be an Assistant Vice President. The interview started with a 10 min quiz on basic math skills and comprehension of mortgage equations, i.e. calculating gross monthly income with an hourly wage, etc. After the quiz, the AVP came in and asked me some pretty typical questions, but a few I hadn't anticipated. An example, "First names only, who is your least favorite manager/supervisor you've ever worked with and who is your most favorite, and why?" Then he asked about my least favorite supervisor, asking what that supervisor would say about me if he were to give her/him a call. I responded truthfully and confident, that although I didn't like her/him, he/she would say I was very outgoing, friendly, and a hardworker. Within a few days of my initial 1:1 interview, I was called back for a second interview (again seems desperate, but still was not thinking about that, just excited I had another interview, thinking "Man they must really like me"). Before my second interview began, I was asked to meet with their compliance director so he could ask me a few questions and verify it was alright to do a background check and etc. After I met with the Compliance Director I headed up stairs for my second interview which was with one of the Vice Presidents. This interview was actually easier and more laid back than my first interview - not sure why - but he asked typical interview questions and just kinda had a smooth conversation. That same day, I was offered the job via email with an attached offer letter from the recruiter (again desperate, but I was excited at the time). The whole process was about 7 days in duration.

Interview Questions
    • What's the craziest thing you've done recently?   View Answer

Loan Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Got a phone call from the HR lady to setup an in person interview; I applied online so I figured the company was interested in my background. I get there, and the interviewer was late, and then looked at my resume and asked me 'why are we even talking?' And told me that he wasn't impressed with anything on my resume. He proceeded to ask me what kind of things I would want to buy if I had a lot of money. When I told him I'd probably be smart and save a bit at first, he told me he doesn't like to hire people who save and likes people who like to spend. He then bragged about how many cars he's owned and how many homes he has built at the age of 24. I wanted to tell him to quit trying to flirt with me, but I really needed the job, so I refrained from telling this guy off. I got the job. That's how much of a joke this place is, the interview can go horribly, and you'll still get offered a position.

Mortgage Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Met with two people after taking a quick easy math exam. Talked about previous work experience to see if the job was a fit. Talk about previous scenarios like most job interviews would go. Pretty much very similar to any job interview you would go to.

Interview Questions
    • "make the most intriguing sentence you can with the following three words" lion sand zucchini   Answer Question
    I haven't fully accepted yet. There is a second interview process

Anonymous Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage.

Professional but they are looking for warm bodies to fill seats. The all American look with little experience. They just want trainable " yes" people

Interview Questions
    • They used text book questions, like why should I hire you? Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    They give different comp plans to choose, choose the straight salary because loan amounts are low and they take forever to close

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in June 2011.

Recently changed, questions are sometimes odd and off putting but it the reaction to pressure that is being looked at. they only want the best or those that can be taught to be the best so bring your A game and be ready to sell something in the interview.

none

Mortgage Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Royal United Mortgage in March 2013.

Did a phone interview with the recruiter in the Schaumburg office, was invited into the office for an in person interview with a sales manager and a team leader. Heard back same day if I would be invited back for a second interview. I was, and at this point I did a call with someone from their Indy office who reviewed my credit and backround check and gave me some notes on what they would need to get me licensed. I then sat with the team leader I interviewed with, got to see what the job entailed, and then I met with the big man in the office.

The recruiter was very friendly and helpful, the sales teams answered all my questions, and the whole process moved quickly and efficiently. I appreciated not sitting around and having to wait to hear from them.

Interview Questions
    All employees start out at the same base pay, once you transition from the training period, you have the option to choose your base/bonus plan.

Worked for Royal United Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!