Royall & Company Interview Questions

2.8

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Royall & Company in July 2014.

Two interviews with three people interviewing me. Both took about an hour. Very conversational. First interview had more questions but became very conversational. Not everyone in the panel seemed experienced or comfortable with interviewing people...which made it a little less intimidating. The fact that everyone was super friendly and chill helped me feel at ease and was part of the reason I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for more money and they couldn't bc my offer was the cap for that position. They gave me an extra week of vacation.

CDA Interview

Went through three interview and had to travel a good distance for two of them. The interview process was average. The people were all very nice and welcoming. Then I tried contacting them and never was able to make contact again. I talked to several people that went through the exact same thing and felt the HR department may not be well organized although they come off as organized in person. The environment of the offices looked very nice. In the end probably for the best that I did not work with them. They have limited room for growth in the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Case study that was not difficult but did feel a little over pressured by it.

Was asked "Explain a time you did something wrong and how did you fix it"?

Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Royall & Company in May 2011.

The interview process is very long at Royall, at least for copywriting positions. The recruiter warned me that it would be long, so at least I was warned. I was told it had to do with scheduling all of the various people involved, but who knows? The recruiter was excellent about staying in touch with me throughout the process, though, so that made it much more bearable. The first interview was a 1:1 with the department manager. Two weeks later, I interviewed with a team manager and two would-be coworkers. A week after that, I interviewed with a senior executive of the whole company. Two weeks later, I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

I had been laid off prior to applying to the position, so I was in need of a job. By the time Royall called to offer me the job, I had already begun working somewhere else.

Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royall & Company in May 2010.

It is best to know someone within this company to actually land a job. I applied for this position more than once online and kept getting turned back. Finally I got in touch with a friend that worked there and she gave me a great reference. That saying "it's not what you know, it's who you know" stands true for Royall.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate too much. I had more experience for the position than other candidates so luckily that played into my salary offer. It was within my range that I didn't feel the need to negotiate much more.

Direct Mail Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Royall & Company in January 2009.

From the very first communication, everyone was very friendly. I interviewed directly with the head of the department, and presented my portfolio. I was given a writing assignment, which was part of the interview process. I had several days to complete it. I was given the opportunity to speak with one of their current writers about the work, as well as one of the managers. I was made an offer over the phone by the HR department, which I then negotiated with.

Interview Questions
    I had to ask about benefits - they never told me what they were. I had to ask after they made me an offer. That seemed backwards to me. I kept thinking that somewhere along the interview process someone was going to tell me what the benefits of working for the company were, but they never did! I thought the salary offer was low, but they didn't have much wiggle room.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Royall & Company.

I first met a middle-aged female recruiter at a career fair. The lady was quite rude. The first thing she told me when she saw me was that they only hire Americans, the ironic thing is that I am an American and I also noted that on the top of my resume. However, I was patient, polite, and reiterated to her that I was an American(born and raised).

After being brushed off and disrespected like that, I was surprised to get an email from them saying that she was told by the technical recruiter(someone I had not met in person) to contact me back based on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • They referred me to take a short online Java test.   View Answer

They asked me to attend an event in Richmond but I declined. I figured if their HR recruiter lady treated me like at our first meeting(prejudice, made assumptions solely due to my racial background) I may not enjoy working there.

Associate Strategic Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royall & Company in April 2012.

The pone interview didn't consist of crazy questions like, if you could be any animal what would you be and why? It only consisted of questions related to the business and the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • If you were going to market for this company how would you do it?   Answer Question