Royall & Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.6

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I was able to meet with people in a variety of positions and with a variety of responsibilities. Everyone was amiable and I was able to get my questions answered in addition to answering theirs.

Strategic Leader Interview

Interview

Great initial conversation with recruiter, in person with hiring manager then heard nothing for 2 weeks. Then another In person with another associate, then a power day with 3 other company leaders. Then did not hear anything for 10 days. Very long and frustrating waiting period.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What's important to you as a leader   1 Answer

Client Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then hiring manager interview, then back for a peer interview and skills evaluation. Everything went well then they wanted to talk to some references. My current job vouched for me and the waived the references and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Royall & Company in October 2014.

Interview

This was a really interesting interview process. Figured it'd be best to share. I originally got in touch with HR through a family friend. I had an initial phone interview to go over my experience/interests and they steered me towards an Account Coordinator role. I went in for an interivew about a week later. I met with two people, one in client services and one a stategist. The interview was going great until they heard more about my creative background (which HR knew full-well about). They sort of halted my interview and rushed me down to HR saying that I needed to be interviewing for a creative position, not accounts. Before I knew it, I was walking out wondering what happened. A week or so later, HR reached out about a copywriting position that "would be opening soon". She said that one of the people I interviewed with really wanted to have me meet someone from the Copywriting team, and I came in a few days later. That guy was totally thrown off because a position wasn't even open on the team. I left again really confused and disappointed. That was the last I heard from them. I followed up, and they just kept saying the position wasn't open. It all felt very disorganized and unfocused. The company itself seemed good, but was really surprised in this interview process.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Royall & Company in July 2014.

Interview

Two interviews with three people interviewing me. Both took about an hour. Very conversational. First interview had more questions but became very conversational. Not everyone in the panel seemed experienced or comfortable with interviewing people...which made it a little less intimidating. The fact that everyone was super friendly and chill helped me feel at ease and was part of the reason I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for more money and they couldn't bc my offer was the cap for that position. They gave me an extra week of vacation.

Associate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was offered a brief phone interview through a contractor. After the initial contact I was asked for an in-person formal interview as of the next day. Interview was very casual and fairly simple. I was asked about my technical background and what tools I was comfortable working with. There were no really hard questions or anything else deem able as challenging. This interview was not at all intimidating. Given a simple SQL test and was then offered the job on the spot. I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience level using technical tools like SQL and Javascript?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at the career fair and applied online for data analyst position. HR person called to set up two in-person interviews for the data analyst and BI analyst positions. Interviews were fairly casual and I thought my skills aligned perfectly for either position. I was told I should hear back in two weeks if they wanted to set up a follow-up interview. A month later I got an email saying that the position has been filled.

CDA Interview

Interview

Went through three interview and had to travel a good distance for two of them. The interview process was average. The people were all very nice and welcoming. Then I tried contacting them and never was able to make contact again. I talked to several people that went through the exact same thing and felt the HR department may not be well organized although they come off as organized in person. The environment of the offices looked very nice. In the end probably for the best that I did not work with them. They have limited room for growth in the organization.

Interview Questions

• Case study that was not difficult but did feel a little over pressured by it. Was asked "Explain a time you did something wrong and how did you fix it"?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Royall & Company (Glen Allen, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process is very long at Royall, at least for copywriting positions. The recruiter warned me that it would be long, so at least I was warned. I was told it had to do with scheduling all of the various people involved, but who knows? The recruiter was excellent about staying in touch with me throughout the process, though, so that made it much more bearable. The first interview was a 1:1 with the department manager. Two weeks later, I interviewed with a team manager and two would-be coworkers. A week after that, I interviewed with a senior executive of the whole company. Two weeks later, I got the job offer.

Interview Questions

I had been laid off prior to applying to the position, so I was in need of a job. By the time Royall called to offer me the job, I had already begun working somewhere else.

Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royall & Company (Richmond, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

It is best to know someone within this company to actually land a job. I applied for this position more than once online and kept getting turned back. Finally I got in touch with a friend that worked there and she gave me a great reference. That saying "it's not what you know, it's who you know" stands true for Royall.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Royall?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate too much. I had more experience for the position than other candidates so luckily that played into my salary offer. It was within my range that I didn't feel the need to negotiate much more.