Rubicon Project

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Development Engineer Interview

Playa Vista, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rubicon Project in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a 3rd party recruiter and he sent in my information. This was followed by a skype interview with basic development questions (fizz/buzz). After several days I was brought in for a full day interview.

Interview Question – Compress a parent-child node relationship and maintain hierarchy.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rubicon Project in November 2013.

Interview Details – When first applied, HR was very prompt and courteous.

I was offered the position, but throughout the process, it took constant emailing of this HR contact. She probably was not paying attention and finally caught flak from higher management, wondering why the process stalled.

They themselves only asked this question after a month and a half from the last interview. I was so annoyed, when I received the offer, I didn't respond despite their constant follow-ups. Then I finally said I would not take the offer, so they had to restart the process all over again. With the company filing an S-1 getting ready to go public, they're going to have a fun time restarting this process while juggling that...

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "Why Rubicon?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because the interview process was a nightmare and was reflective of how management would operate, Hence, I headed for the hills and did not look back.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rubicon Project.

Interview Details – The process was very easy. But, I think the QA Director who interviewed me over the phone does not have any clue what he is doing nor the project is. He himself does not know who is funding this project. I cannot believe that such an inexperienced guy is placed by companies like this as QA.He is neither Technical nor Managerial. It is better to say "No" to these companies at front than wasting our time.

Interview Question – There is hardly any questions by him. He comes as prejudged wasting my time.   Answer Question

Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Rubicon Project.

Interview Details – I was a referral and the recruiter contacted me via email within two weeks of my resume submission. I found him to be unprofessional. He cut me off several times during the interview and when I reached out after I didn't hear back after a 1 1/2 week, he said they're evaluating candidates and will be in contact within next few days whether I am making it to next round. Unfortunately, days turn into weeks and still no response from them.

I get that the company, job, or me are not always going to be the right fit. But it would have been nice for the recruiter to follow through and at least have the professional courtesy to send a generic "thanks but no thanks" email especially if a candidate follows up.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Rubicon Project in March 2013.

Interview Details – Met with 5-6 people. A smart bunch. The CEO has celeb status but he's obviously a sharp guy. A very promising company that is still innovating. Going through some hyper-growth which is always difficult to manage.

Interview Question – nothing out of left field   Answer Question

Data Entry/Stats Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rubicon Project in August 2012.

Interview Details – Nice huge office. Casual dress.

Arrived ten minutes early for interview. Was asked the usual routine interview questions and then performed on a test. Did well on the test. Then another interviewer, the hiring manager, came in. Went into great detail about the benefits which are amazing.

Must have done something wrong. I e-mailed a small thank you note and was told that they would follow up next week. Never did.

Revenue Management Specialist Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Rubicon Project in August 2009.

Interview Details – Very friendly HR staff responded to application promptly and scheduled an interview. Interview seemed somewhat disorganized and consisted on 1:1 interviews with increasingly higher levels of seniority. Interview seemed successful but I never received an offer and was informed that they selected someone else for the job. The company seems great with fantastic benefits, but the pay seems terrible and could have been a deal breaker even if the job was offered.

Interview Question – What is your worst trait?   View Answer

Ad Quality Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rubicon Project in April 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about 2 weeks. The description of the actual job was rather vague so the interviews consisted of filling in this information. After the phone interview I was asked for an in person interview where I met two managers and two employees. One of the manager indicated that they allocated $8 an hour for this position, which is way below market standard and I'm sure it read on my face. All in all the process was really easy, I did not get an job offer but I am not even sure if I would have taken it if I had the chance.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Rubicon Project? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rubicon Project interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rubicon Project employees and interview candidates.