RubinBrown Interview Questions

Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at RubinBrown.

The hiring and interview process is average. The interviewers normally use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, & Result) method to interview candidates.

Interview Questions
    • There are no real difficult or unexpected questions. Follow the STAR Method, and you will do well.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Most of the Interview were situational questions.

Summer GOAL Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 4 days - interviewed at RubinBrown in March 2013.

Sent an e-mail with my resume to the HR department explaining my interest in the GOAL program. They contact me rather quickly and I came into the office for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Maybe discussing why I chose accounting and where I wanted to end u in my career.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RubinBrown in August 2010.

I applied on the Rubin Brown website. I was invited for my 1st interview at the Kansas City Office. The company is a CPA firm based out of St.Louis. Audit Manager took my interview but I was introduced to the Company with a benefits overview by another HR employee. The interviewer asked about leadership skills, technical knowledge of the Audit process etc. ! week later the company sent me an e-mail informing I did not get a job.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at RubinBrown in September 2007.

I interviewed with HR and a manager as well as a partner. I asked the partner if there would be any work life balance and she said no, so at that point the process was over for me. However, although I let the recruiter I was not interested after completing the interview, I received a decline notice from their HR department. Pretty hysterical since I did not wish to work there.

Staff Interview

The company is not good to work for - you may feel uncomfortable and people are too serious. I think it is rude to ask few questions and end the interview right away. It is true that even though you are very qualified for the job, if they don't like you, they will not hire you.

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at RubinBrown in August 2010.

I only had one interview, and it was an on-campus interview with the recruiter who came to my university. I applied for the position through my school's career center and scheduled the interview through my online account, so my first direct contact with RubinBrown was at the actual interview with my interviewer. He was friendly enough, but seemed totally disengaged. From the very beginning, he would ask me a question, look at the wall, look at his watch, hum lightly. It was strange and seemed unprofessional. But the questions were mostly behavioral and not tough. There was, however, a very strong focus on knowledge about the firm... he asked me what I knew about the firm (just like that, in general terms), where I had seen the firm in the news, why RubinBrown, how I fit with the company, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question, though not unexpected, was why I would prefer to start my career with RubinBrown versus a Big 4 firm when Big 4 experience is so sought after.   View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RubinBrown in October 2011.

Set up interview with career services. Interviewed on-campus and was invited to their office for an interview. The office visit/interview consisted of meeting with HR, an interview/Q&A/presentation with 2 tax associates, interview with a partner, and an interview with a tax manager and tax partner. It ended with a quick tour of the office. The entire office visit lasted a little less than 3 hours long. The interview with just the tax partner was more conversational, and the interview with the tax manager and tax partner was more behavioral. The people were very friendly and straightforward. The office was nice as well. Overall, RubinBrown seems like a great company.

Interview Questions

Worked for RubinBrown? Contribute to the Community!