Rubio's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

GSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorba Linda, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Yorba Linda, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by the manager in Anaheim because he couldn't hire me. He had no space. Very friendly and casual. The manager was very sweet and sociable. Truthfully its more of conversation to see if you're friendly.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Vallejo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got my interview the same day I applied! Very professional and truly legit. I couldnt be happier with Glasasdoor. This was the only site that actually came through with an interview.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with the Regional Director, friendly, very likeable. Explained that the company is going thru some major changes including remodeling all of the stores to update the new "Grill" concept. Will be hiring a lot of new employees and will be expanding.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Found the job online at the same time a recruiter contacted me about the position. Met with hiring manager quite quickly, had two in person interviews, took a personality test, a drug test, and had a background check. All negotiations were directed to HR with the hiring manager stating that they had no power in this regard. The in person interviews did not include typical interview questions and were much more relevant to how I got along with the hiring manager.

Negotiation

Attempted negotiation with hiring manager but any and all issues were directed to HR.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Riverside, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Multiple situational questions. 3 interviews in total. the first was with a shift lead. the second was with the general manager. and the final interview was with the district manager.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Carlsbad, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very well done by Jennifer. Detailed and organized, she answered all my questions, never in rush to get done.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in June 2013.

Interview

I applied in-store, and the manager called me back the next day and asked me to attend a local Rubio's job fair the next week where all the GM's would be present. I attended the job fair, re-applied, and was interviewed by a manager. I passed that interview, and immediately sat down for another interview with the General Manager of the location I was applying to. He really like me and emailed me the next day one of those pre-employment personality tests. I took that and received a call a few hours later from the manager and he offered me the position! My orientation is next week. In the interview, they are required by the company to read the questions exactly, word-for-word as written. They are mostly the "Tell me about a time.." questions. If you prepare with those, you will be set. There were 10 questions in each interview, I believe. Each question has a different purpose to establish traits such as integrity and courage. One thing they really look for is punctuality and reliability because not many people work at each location at one time, so it is important to always show up on-time.

Interview Questions

• Hmm, all of the questions seemed to be normal things you would get asked in an interview. Most questions are the "Tell me about a time.." questions, so just make sure you review plenty of those before attending the interview.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was fairly long. I initially applied for the position two to four weeks before I received a call from HR about the position. The process started with a phone screen from HR that asked basic questions about my resume. Afterwards, I was moved onto the first interview with two IT staff members; one of which would be the IT manager and my main contact for the rest of the hiring process. During the first interview, we went over my resume and it was their opportunity to find out a little of my education background and delved into details of my resume and work history. After the first interview, I was asked to take a personality test at the end of the week and was subsequently asked, after completion of the test, to come back the following week for a set of interviews. The second set of interviews was the most interesting process I've had to date. I was set up with three sequential meetings with members of the IT department. The first was with the VP of IT, the second was with a group that consisted of a Tier 2 Tech, an IT Developer, and a Jr Systems Admin, and the last round was with a Systems Admin and a Tech Support Analyst. Within the second set of interviews, each group asked for more details about my resume and I had the opportunity to ask questions about the job position and their perspective of the workplace. In addition, they had the chance to feel out if I would be a fit for their culture and workplace. Overall, I felt the interview process was pleasant and fairly simple to deal with. My only issue was the lack of communication after the group interviews. I was personally told that I would receive word back from them the next week and I never heard from them again. Of course, I attempted to contact them twice; the first attempt was at the end of the following week of my second visit, and the second was at the end of the second week. I didn't bother to follow up after that since the answer was apparent. This wasn't a unique experience in my job search, but I was expecting at least a rejection letter for the amount of time put in between myself and the people I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• "I see you were prone to leadership roles in group work, are you able to take the backseat when needed or do you need control? (sic)"   1 Answer

Cook/GSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in April 2013.

Interview

Basic interview questions.why do you want tu work here ect.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interim General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (El Cajon, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

great hiring process . assessment can be a bit confusing .. i was called by either the assistant and/or General manager .... schedule a time . all in all i was satisfied with questions asked and felt the entire important. i would have to say this was a great life experience. i was asked if i would work both kitchen , cashier and even possible advance to management .

Interview Questions

• what are one of your challenges ..   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation entry level 9.00 dollars an hour.