Rubio's Restaurants

Updated Jul 9, 2014

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants.

Found the job online at the same time a recruiter contacted me about the position. Met with hiring manager quite quickly, had two in person interviews, took a personality test, a drug test, and had a background check. All negotiations were directed to HR with the hiring manager stating that they had no power in this regard.

The in person interviews did not include typical interview questions and were much more relevant to how I got along with the hiring manager.

Attempted negotiation with hiring manager but any and all issues were directed to HR.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in July 2013.

Very well done by Jennifer. Detailed and organized, she answered all my questions, never in rush to get done.

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in June 2013.

I applied in-store, and the manager called me back the next day and asked me to attend a local Rubio's job fair the next week where all the GM's would be present. I attended the job fair, re-applied, and was interviewed by a manager. I passed that interview, and immediately sat down for another interview with the General Manager of the location I was applying to. He really like me and emailed me the next day one of those pre-employment personality tests. I took that and received a call a few hours later from the manager and he offered me the position! My orientation is next week.

In the interview, they are required by the company to read the questions exactly, word-for-word as written. They are mostly the "Tell me about a time.." questions. If you prepare with those, you will be set. There were 10 questions in each interview, I believe. Each question has a different purpose to establish traits such as integrity and courage. One thing they really look for is punctuality and reliability because not many people work at each location at one time, so it is important to always show up on-time.

Interview Questions
    • Hmm, all of the questions seemed to be normal things you would get asked in an interview. Most questions are the "Tell me about a time.." questions, so just make sure you review plenty of those before attending the interview.   Answer Question

Cook/GSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in April 2013.

Basic interview questions.why do you want tu work here ect.

No negotiation

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in April 2013.

The process was fairly long. I initially applied for the position two to four weeks before I received a call from HR about the position. The process started with a phone screen from HR that asked basic questions about my resume. Afterwards, I was moved onto the first interview with two IT staff members; one of which would be the IT manager and my main contact for the rest of the hiring process. During the first interview, we went over my resume and it was their opportunity to find out a little of my education background and delved into details of my resume and work history. After the first interview, I was asked to take a personality test at the end of the week and was subsequently asked, after completion of the test, to come back the following week for a set of interviews.

The second set of interviews was the most interesting process I've had to date. I was set up with three sequential meetings with members of the IT department. The first was with the VP of IT, the second was with a group that consisted of a Tier 2 Tech, an IT Developer, and a Jr Systems Admin, and the last round was with a Systems Admin and a Tech Support Analyst. Within the second set of interviews, each group asked for more details about my resume and I had the opportunity to ask questions about the job position and their perspective of the workplace. In addition, they had the chance to feel out if I would be a fit for their culture and workplace.

Overall, I felt the interview process was pleasant and fairly simple to deal with. My only issue was the lack of communication after the group interviews. I was personally told that I would receive word back from them the next week and I never heard from them again. Of course, I attempted to contact them twice; the first attempt was at the end of the following week of my second visit, and the second was at the end of the second week. I didn't bother to follow up after that since the answer was apparent. This wasn't a unique experience in my job search, but I was expecting at least a rejection letter for the amount of time put in between myself and the people I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • "I see you were prone to leadership roles in group work, are you able to take the backseat when needed or do you need control? (sic)"   View Answer

Interim General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in February 2013.

great hiring process . assessment can be a bit confusing .. i was called by either the assistant and/or General manager .... schedule a time . all in all i was satisfied with questions asked and felt the entire important. i would have to say this was a great life experience. i was asked if i would work both kitchen , cashier and even possible advance to management .

Interview Questions
    no negotiation entry level 9.00 dollars an hour.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants.

Walk in, submit application, ask for manager, be yourself. Rubios is looking for energetic polished people. Reliability is appreciated and questions will be based on senerios and work history. Show up to the interview on time and ready to talk about yourself. Ask questions and research the company's website before the interview

Interview Questions
    Offer, background, drug screen. No negotiating needed

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in July 2012.

When I was first approached by Rubio's Recruiting department I was delighted. I had heard many great things about Rubio's as an organization and was very pleased to have them respond to my Resume.
    The initial Interview was some standard questions, with the interviewer receiving my responses very positively which relaxed me to the point where I felt comfortable giving honest feedback and responses.
    During the course of the subsiquent interviews I noted that they began to drill down a bit more on specific details of my past, my manner of leadership, as well as about who I am as a person. I was very impressed by how thourough all the people I interviewed with were because it really gave me a sense that Rubio's cares about who they bring onboard.
    The Interviewing process took longer than I expected, and after taking the Guardian, and getting to know a little bit about Rubio's culture, I understood why. Rubio's truly is a Family who wants to bring only the best and most passionate people aboard, and I was proud that they continued the process with me.

Interview Questions
    Very smooth. They offered me a competative, fair package initially, so I didn't feel the need to try to negotiate.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in April 2012.

Expect to meet with a lot of people -- pretty much the entire marketing team -- over the course of the interview process. Everyone seemed very nice and dedicated to their jobs. Most of the questions were very straightforward. Asking about my current position and how it related to the position I was applying for. I liked what I learned about the company, definitely familiarize yourself with their existing campaigns as much as possible and just their product line in general. The only thing that concerned me about them was that I got the impression the company wasn't doing so hot. I think money was a concern and one of the employees told me that they hadn't given raises in 5 years. Kind or strange and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most interesting current trend or current event in marketing over the past few months   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in February 2012.

The interview process is thorough but fair. It's great that they are very appreciative of your job skils but more impressive that they are equally concerned about personality. They make sure before an offers or aggreements are reached that your personality fits in with the family that is Rubio's. There are multiple interviews that you have to experience with different people involved in your hiring to ensure satisfactory and compatibility across the board. As long as you are who you say you (which they will find out throughout the process) you will be welcomed with open arms.

Interview Questions
    • I didnt experience any questions that would deem difficult.   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted immediately.