Rubio's Restaurants Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants in April 2013.

The process was fairly long. I initially applied for the position two to four weeks before I received a call from HR about the position. The process started with a phone screen from HR that asked basic questions about my resume. Afterwards, I was moved onto the first interview with two IT staff members; one of which would be the IT manager and my main contact for the rest of the hiring process. During the first interview, we went over my resume and it was their opportunity to find out a little of my education background and delved into details of my resume and work history. After the first interview, I was asked to take a personality test at the end of the week and was subsequently asked, after completion of the test, to come back the following week for a set of interviews.

The second set of interviews was the most interesting process I've had to date. I was set up with three sequential meetings with members of the IT department. The first was with the VP of IT, the second was with a group that consisted of a Tier 2 Tech, an IT Developer, and a Jr Systems Admin, and the last round was with a Systems Admin and a Tech Support Analyst. Within the second set of interviews, each group asked for more details about my resume and I had the opportunity to ask questions about the job position and their perspective of the workplace. In addition, they had the chance to feel out if I would be a fit for their culture and workplace.

Overall, I felt the interview process was pleasant and fairly simple to deal with. My only issue was the lack of communication after the group interviews. I was personally told that I would receive word back from them the next week and I never heard from them again. Of course, I attempted to contact them twice; the first attempt was at the end of the following week of my second visit, and the second was at the end of the second week. I didn't bother to follow up after that since the answer was apparent. This wasn't a unique experience in my job search, but I was expecting at least a rejection letter for the amount of time put in between myself and the people I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
  • "I see you were prone to leadership roles in group work, are you able to take the backseat when needed or do you need control? (sic)"   View Answer

Worked for Rubio's Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!