Ruby Tuesday Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.0

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Miami, FL).

Interview

General manager was honest about expectations and workplace lifestyle. We sat at a table in the restaurant during a slow time and talked about my work experience and what I did in my personal life. The manager was open to questions and was engaged in conversation. They are looking for people with personality that will survive an often demanding job. Go in with a positive attitude and show a little bit of confidence and you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in on a wednesday to ask how to apply and was told to do so online. A few hours later, I get a call from the GM to come in for an interview the next day. The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes, and it felt like we were just chatting (about favorite restaurants, where we worked out, etc). I originally applied as a hostess (server assistant) because I didn't have any previous restaurant experience, but he asked if I would be okay working as a server, so, desperate for a job, I said of course, and he basically hired me on the spot. I went in the next day for a "tour," in which I talked to different people in the place about their jobs. I was told to come in the next day for training, and this took about 4 shifts (days) of me following a server around. Pretty easy interview overall, and almost every worker has been helpful and kind. Rubys is a great place to work with a comfortable environment, so I highly recommend it regardless of your experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What's your favorite restaurant?

1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview

Like any other the same old.interview questions the typical tell me.about yourself what make me.want to work for their company etc... what are my goals in the next 5 to 10 years from now....... how do i handle stressful situations.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port St Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Port St Lucie, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I first submitted resume and then received an email to complete on line testing. Then I was called in for an interview to sit with an operations manager and general manager. They were hiring Assistant Manager even though posts are for a General Manager. The process was disorganized after the initial interview. I later received a generic corporate email.

Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

3 interviews and they still don't know if they wanna hire me it's been over a span of 3 weeks and im frankly getting the run around I understand 2 but 3 and a store tour really?!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call in two days from the hiring manager. Came in for the interview with the hiring manager and she asked me basic questions about my experience being a server. Completed that part and she wanted me to be interviewed by the general manager whom asked more intricate questions but easy overall. Asked me when I could start working and said he would call that day or the next after he talked with hid managers. Got a call two hours later to come in for training. Piece of cake

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milledgeville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Milledgeville, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

he just sat me down and asked me about myself and what I have been doing with my life. when the caught up on the past and his life and where the family is at now, He basically just asked if this was what I thought I wanted to do.

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Albany, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was easier than I expected. My first interview was with the assistant manager and she just asked me questions about school and work and my life. She then set me up for a second interview with the general manager and he basically asked me everything she asked. Super easy.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

It wasn't even five minutes. After she found out I had experience at OG it pretty much was over. I was offered to come back the following day for orientation.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been at OG? Do you stay near? How much are you asking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Greenbelt, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

He asked about my current job, my experience, and what days/times I'm available. Then he told me of their training process and which steps I'll take to move up in the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job?
      Tell me about your experiences.
      What days and times can you work?

1 Answer