Ruby Tuesday Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.0

Server Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Albany, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process was easier than I expected. My first interview was with the assistant manager and she just asked me questions about school and work and my life. She then set me up for a second interview with the general manager and he basically asked me everything she asked. Super easy.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

It wasn't even five minutes. After she found out I had experience at OG it pretty much was over. I was offered to come back the following day for orientation.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been at OG? Do you stay near? How much are you asking for?   1 Answer

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Exton, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a job search. A couple days later got a call for an interview. The manager was very polite and straight forward about what type person she was looking for.

Interview Questions

• How passionate are u about customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was great she listened and made me a gracious offer.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Independence, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out online app. Whent in 4 days later talked with gm invited me to stay for a second interview she called me a dream come true and was offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Server Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Denver, CO).

Interview

Expressed an interest and filled out an app. I got a call a few days later asking me if I'd like to come in for an interview. Super friendly, nothing crazy

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview

Sat down with a manager at a table. She only asked a few questions. Interview took no more than five minutes asking basic questions. It seemed that she was not ver interested since I did not have prior restaurant experience. Thought they would have offered job but said she had to interview others.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and two days later I got a call from one of the managers and scheduled an interview for the next day. I went in and sat down for like half an hour with the manager I spoke to on the phone, and then another manager for another 15. They asked me to come in the next day to speak to the general manager. And had a great conversation with him for an hour. After that he asked if I could observe the restaurant with the host on duty, waitress and bartender. I got a tour around the whole restaurant and got to meet the team. Good people, clean place.

Interview Questions

• Imagine I'm a guest, and say the burger is your favorite item on the menu, sell that burger to me.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • Biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer being rude to you? What about another sever being rude to you?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview

Pretty basic questions about handling complaints and making customers happy. If you've ever done retail or dealt with customer service you'll be fine, just smile and show that you have a good personality and attitude

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an issue with a guests food coming out wrong?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Williamsport, PA).

Interview

I had filled out an application at the restaurant and within 2 days the General Manager called me and asked if I could come in for an interview that day. I was able to be there, dressed for an interview, within 15 minutes which impressed him. The interview went well and I was hired right then and was told to come in the following day and begin my computer training.

Interview Questions

• How long should a customer wait to be greated at there table?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations needed.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview

Career Builder is how I found the position. You are called by talent management and you do a interview with a director and then a regional partener. Then you have to take some assessment and drug test and some other steps. 7 week training process all together.