Ruby Tuesday Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.0

Garden Bar Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in August 2014.

Okay I Filled out an app online in the ending of july /2014 and got a call back for an interview in the middle of August ... because they started building it but they are not quite done building it yet I've got hired on spot interview was about 30 min because they explained to me about diffrent things inside the restaurant , they asked me maybe , 3 questions , where do I see my self at in 5 years , out of everything I applied for in ruby tuesday eat position would I prefer any why and why did I choose ruby tuesday they showed me the uniform I needed which was all black which I bought myself , we needed a uniform check and now im just waiting for my store to get finished building and im working (:

Interview Questions
    Just be your self and don't come off as a bad impression feel comfortable while talking and the hourly wage is 9.00 a hr

Buss/Runner, Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Villages, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Villages, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in February 2014.

I applied at two different ruby tuesdays, and two days later was contacted by one of them to set up an appointment. Set it for a Monday morning before the place opened, and arrived 10 minutes early. The general manager was there at the stand, and asked me "what do you want." Not the best first impression, but I spit it out quickly that I was supposed to talk to a manager about my application.

He showed me where to sit, then walked off for a few minutes, before coming back, and asked what I applied for. I applied for everything so was I named a few of them off, but he seemed uninterested? He then asked my experience, and explained how he was needing a bus/runner. Told me to come back that night and follow around the one he had at the time.

Come there, followed her around, and he asked if I wanted the job. Accepted, and have been there since.

Interview Questions
    • After following the bus/runner, the first thing he said to me was "did you ask her how much she got paid?" Seeing as that's really something a manager should talk to me about(my own pay) it took me by surprise.   Answer Question
    no negotiations, "200-300 a week"

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in August 2014.

I applied online on a Thursday and got called in for an interview with the restaurant manager on Wednesday. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. He asked me basic interview questions for about 5 minutes then I asked a few questions. After he told me about the job he had the training server come over and talk to me so I could ask her questions and she could tell me what it's like working there. Everyone was very nice. He came back to finish up the interview and told me he had a few other interviews today, then he asked me if I wanted the job. So I said yes! Easy.

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I applied online and got a call asking me to come in a couple days later (I applied on a weekend). I was interviewed by two people, the first asked me to answer some survey questions about how I have handled difficult situations in the past and such. The second interviewer was the general manager, who asked questions about my knowledge of the food service industry and why I wanted to work for the company. I was told I would receive some form of communication as to the status of my application, but have received word neither from a phone call nor from the company MyWorKFile for five days.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the purpose of a restaurant?   View Answer

Salad Bar Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in July 2014.

I applied on a Wednesday, and was contacted via Email on Sunday. I arrived at the location and told the hostess why I was there. She was very nice, and directed me to sit at a nearby booth. After about 5 minutes, the manager came out. The interview was very relaxed.It lasted about 40 minutes, but most of this was just discussing things irrelevant to the interview. I was told that I would be contacted within a week to set up a second interview, and that if I did not, I should get back in contact with the manager. A few days after a week had passed, I emailed the manager. I received no response.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I walked into the restaurant and asked for an application. I filled it out on the spot and returned it to the the manager. Two days later, I received a phone call asking to set up an interview. I went in for my interview two days after I got the call. When I went in for my interview, I sat down with the GM in a corner booth and he basically asked me if I was flexible with my hours and when I would able to start. He asked maybe one or two generic "tell me about yourself" questions, but really nothing that I had to rack my brain about. When he asked me when I could start, I said I would be able to start immediately if I were to get the job and he replied, "Well, then I will see you tomorrow for orientation if that sounds good." It was a very easy interview and I almost didn't even realize that I got the job when it was over. It all just seemed so quick and casual.

Interview Questions
    • "How will you balance school, work, and social life?"   View Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I believe I had 2 interviews Nothing stressful. Just waited a long time for the manager to come out. My second interview was with 2 managers and I had to describe several menu items. These were given to me at the conclusion of my first interview so I knew what to study.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. You really have to be thick skinned to be a server. You will have guests that criticize you for all aspects of the restaurant. You can't take it personally.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in March 2013.

There was just one single interview in the store during downtime (usually in the afternoons). They ask pretty much what your experience is in the Restaurant Industry and ask a few questions about yourself to figure out what kind of character your are. Like "Are you a college student or graduate?" If so, what did you major in? Pretty much if they like what they hear and you've got a good positive tone and they have gaps in the schedule to fill, they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    • When I went in, they didn't really hit me with a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't really in my favor because I didn't have prior experience in a casual dining restaurant environment.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in May 2011.

I walked in and filled in an application. They gave me a call the next day asking me to come in. It was a very casual interview, where we sat and chatted about previous experiences in the business. After a short 20-30 minute straightforward interview, I went home feeling well. It wasn't until I had to walk back in to ask if I was hired or not. I never received a follow up call from the company

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. It was pretty straightforward.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in May 2014.

i applied in the morning and got a call in the afternoon to go in for a interview the next day at 4:30 and he asked have i ever had a job cani work with a team

no but i got sundays off

Worked for Ruby Tuesday? Contribute to the Community!