Ruby Tuesday

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.0

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Extremely easy. I was asked about my past experience then told I'd have orientation in two days. If you have previous experience in any restaurant you will do just fine

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Applied online and a week later was emailed that they would like to meet with me for an interview. Met with the GM, talked about what the job entails and about myself, set up a 2nd interview with a different manager 2 days later. The manager was sick, so I had to come in the next day, got offered the job on the spot and started the following Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical interview questions: Why should I hire you? Why do you want the job? etc.   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

A friend of mine who worked at Ruby Tuesday recommended me for an opening. While dropping off my resume, I was asked if I had time for a quick interview. After about a 10 minute light conversation and discussion of my education and work history, the manager told me I could have the job if I wanted it.

Interview Questions
    • They weren't challenging questions. The typical, "What is the hardest thing you've had to overcome?" "What is your biggest weakness?" kinds of questions.   Answer Question
    I attempted to start hourly wage negotiations, but the manager insisted that they couldn't go above $7.25/hr for a starting wage.

Server Interview

Very easy to get hired however it was a horrible training process. I was pretty much thrown on the floor and had to start before I knew the menu or how things really worked at the location.

Host Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Walked in and pretty much got the job based on previous experience. Not a lot of experience needed for the position, just common sense really and keeping in mind the tasks that you do have to do during the shift.

When can you start?

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in September 2014.

Initial interview was great. Had store tour, got to speak with staff, ask questions. Interview with HR a week later. Everything seemed great, was told they'd get back to me and a month later still no follow up. If I'm not the person for the job, cool. But call and let me know. If you say you'll call, CALL.

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I applied online and got a call asking me to come in a couple days later (I applied on a weekend). I was interviewed by two people, the first asked me to answer some survey questions about how I have handled difficult situations in the past and such. The second interviewer was the general manager, who asked questions about my knowledge of the food service industry and why I wanted to work for the company. I was told I would receive some form of communication as to the status of my application, but have received word neither from a phone call nor from the company MyWorKFile for five days.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the purpose of a restaurant?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday in August 2014.

I applied online on a Thursday and got called in for an interview with the restaurant manager on Wednesday. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. He asked me basic interview questions for about 5 minutes then I asked a few questions. After he told me about the job he had the training server come over and talk to me so I could ask her questions and she could tell me what it's like working there. Everyone was very nice. He came back to finish up the interview and told me he had a few other interviews today, then he asked me if I wanted the job. So I said yes! Easy.

Garden Bar Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday in August 2014.

Okay I Filled out an app online in the ending of july /2014 and got a call back for an interview in the middle of August ... because they started building it but they are not quite done building it yet I've got hired on spot interview was about 30 min because they explained to me about diffrent things inside the restaurant , they asked me maybe , 3 questions , where do I see my self at in 5 years , out of everything I applied for in ruby tuesday eat position would I prefer any why and why did I choose ruby tuesday they showed me the uniform I needed which was all black which I bought myself , we needed a uniform check and now im just waiting for my store to get finished building and im working (:

Interview Questions
    Just be your self and don't come off as a bad impression feel comfortable while talking and the hourly wage is 9.00 a hr

Salad Bar Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday in July 2014.

I applied on a Wednesday, and was contacted via Email on Sunday. I arrived at the location and told the hostess why I was there. She was very nice, and directed me to sit at a nearby booth. After about 5 minutes, the manager came out. The interview was very relaxed.It lasted about 40 minutes, but most of this was just discussing things irrelevant to the interview. I was told that I would be contacted within a week to set up a second interview, and that if I did not, I should get back in contact with the manager. A few days after a week had passed, I emailed the manager. I received no response.