Ruby Tuesday

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.0

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Pretty basic questions about handling complaints and making customers happy. If you've ever done retail or dealt with customer service you'll be fine, just smile and show that you have a good personality and attitude

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve an issue with a guests food coming out wrong?   Answer Question
    There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I had filled out an application at the restaurant and within 2 days the General Manager called me and asked if I could come in for an interview that day. I was able to be there, dressed for an interview, within 15 minutes which impressed him. The interview went well and I was hired right then and was told to come in the following day and begin my computer training.

Interview Questions
    • How long should a customer wait to be greated at there table?   View Answer
    There was no negotiations needed.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Career Builder is how I found the position. You are called by talent management and you do a interview with a director and then a regional partener. Then you have to take some assessment and drug test and some other steps. 7 week training process all together.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

It took a week for a call. The interview was quick a few questions about previous work and what i expected from the company. a few hours alter i got an offer.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Extremely easy. I was asked about my past experience then told I'd have orientation in two days. If you have previous experience in any restaurant you will do just fine

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Applied online and a week later was emailed that they would like to meet with me for an interview. Met with the GM, talked about what the job entails and about myself, set up a 2nd interview with a different manager 2 days later. The manager was sick, so I had to come in the next day, got offered the job on the spot and started the following Tuesday.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical interview questions: Why should I hire you? Why do you want the job? etc.   Answer Question

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

A friend of mine who worked at Ruby Tuesday recommended me for an opening. While dropping off my resume, I was asked if I had time for a quick interview. After about a 10 minute light conversation and discussion of my education and work history, the manager told me I could have the job if I wanted it.

Interview Questions
    • They weren't challenging questions. The typical, "What is the hardest thing you've had to overcome?" "What is your biggest weakness?" kinds of questions.   Answer Question
    I attempted to start hourly wage negotiations, but the manager insisted that they couldn't go above $7.25/hr for a starting wage.

Server Interview

Very easy to get hired however it was a horrible training process. I was pretty much thrown on the floor and had to start before I knew the menu or how things really worked at the location.

Host Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Walked in and pretty much got the job based on previous experience. Not a lot of experience needed for the position, just common sense really and keeping in mind the tasks that you do have to do during the shift.

When can you start?

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in September 2014.

Initial interview was great. Had store tour, got to speak with staff, ask questions. Interview with HR a week later. Everything seemed great, was told they'd get back to me and a month later still no follow up. If I'm not the person for the job, cool. But call and let me know. If you say you'll call, CALL.