Ruby Tuesday

Updated Feb 23, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Expressed an interest and filled out an app. I got a call a few days later asking me if I'd like to come in for an interview. Super friendly, nothing crazy

Other Interview Reviews for Ruby Tuesday

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Sat down with a manager at a table. She only asked a few questions. Interview took no more than five minutes asking basic questions. It seemed that she was not ver interested since I did not have prior restaurant experience. Thought they would have offered job but said she had to interview others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Applied online and two days later I got a call from one of the managers and scheduled an interview for the next day. I went in and sat down for like half an hour with the manager I spoke to on the phone, and then another manager for another 15. They asked me to come in the next day to speak to the general manager. And had a great conversation with him for an hour. After that he asked if I could observe the restaurant with the host on duty, waitress and bartender. I got a tour around the whole restaurant and got to meet the team. Good people, clean place.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine I'm a guest, and say the burger is your favorite item on the menu, sell that burger to me.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • Biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a customer being rude to you? What about another sever being rude to you?   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Pretty basic questions about handling complaints and making customers happy. If you've ever done retail or dealt with customer service you'll be fine, just smile and show that you have a good personality and attitude

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve an issue with a guests food coming out wrong?   Answer Question
    There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I had filled out an application at the restaurant and within 2 days the General Manager called me and asked if I could come in for an interview that day. I was able to be there, dressed for an interview, within 15 minutes which impressed him. The interview went well and I was hired right then and was told to come in the following day and begin my computer training.

Interview Questions
    • How long should a customer wait to be greated at there table?   View Answer
    There was no negotiations needed.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

It took a week for a call. The interview was quick a few questions about previous work and what i expected from the company. a few hours alter i got an offer.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Extremely easy. I was asked about my past experience then told I'd have orientation in two days. If you have previous experience in any restaurant you will do just fine

Server Interview

Very easy to get hired however it was a horrible training process. I was pretty much thrown on the floor and had to start before I knew the menu or how things really worked at the location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday in August 2014.

I applied online on a Thursday and got called in for an interview with the restaurant manager on Wednesday. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. He asked me basic interview questions for about 5 minutes then I asked a few questions. After he told me about the job he had the training server come over and talk to me so I could ask her questions and she could tell me what it's like working there. Everyone was very nice. He came back to finish up the interview and told me he had a few other interviews today, then he asked me if I wanted the job. So I said yes! Easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I believe I had 2 interviews Nothing stressful. Just waited a long time for the manager to come out. My second interview was with 2 managers and I had to describe several menu items. These were given to me at the conclusion of my first interview so I knew what to study.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. You really have to be thick skinned to be a server. You will have guests that criticize you for all aspects of the restaurant. You can't take it personally.   View Answer
    No negotiations