Ruby Tuesday Server Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

1.7

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview

applied online and they called back a couple days later. Asked me my experience and basic questions. 1st interview lasted probably 5-10 mins. then we scheduled my 2nd interview with the GM a couple days later. Went back and was asked like the same questions and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ruby Tuesday

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in July 2015.

Interview

Went in nervous because job interviews in general get me anxious but, this was a piece of cake. I talked about my past work experience, what else I have been doing and answered everything openly.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • why should I hire you as a server at ruby tuesday?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Greensboro, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Apparently, there are three interviews you have to get through to be offered the job. These questions are from the first interview. The whole thing only took about 15 minutes,

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What are your strengths & weaknesses? Tell me about a time a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What is good customer service to you? Tell me about a time a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neptune, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Neptune, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I called and asked if they were hiring and they gave me an interview date. I came in and they gave me a short interview. The questions were very easy and the mood of the interview overall was very casual. I think that this was probably the easiest interview that I've ever had, and that's not really a good thing. The laid-back interview process is probably why there are so many unqualified people working at the restaurant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Charlotte, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in on a wednesday to ask how to apply and was told to do so online. A few hours later, I get a call from the GM to come in for an interview the next day. The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes, and it felt like we were just chatting (about favorite restaurants, where we worked out, etc). I originally applied as a hostess (server assistant) because I didn't have any previous restaurant experience, but he asked if I would be okay working as a server, so, desperate for a job, I said of course, and he basically hired me on the spot. I went in the next day for a "tour," in which I talked to different people in the place about their jobs. I was told to come in the next day for training, and this took about 4 shifts (days) of me following a server around. Pretty easy interview overall, and almost every worker has been helpful and kind. Rubys is a great place to work with a comfortable environment, so I highly recommend it regardless of your experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What's your favorite restaurant?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview

Like any other the same old.interview questions the typical tell me.about yourself what make me.want to work for their company etc... what are my goals in the next 5 to 10 years from now....... how do i handle stressful situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call in two days from the hiring manager. Came in for the interview with the hiring manager and she asked me basic questions about my experience being a server. Completed that part and she wanted me to be interviewed by the general manager whom asked more intricate questions but easy overall. Asked me when I could start working and said he would call that day or the next after he talked with hid managers. Got a call two hours later to come in for training. Piece of cake

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Greenbelt, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

He asked about my current job, my experience, and what days/times I'm available. Then he told me of their training process and which steps I'll take to move up in the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job? Tell me about your experiences. What days and times can you work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Independence, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out online app. Whent in 4 days later talked with gm invited me to stay for a second interview she called me a dream come true and was offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Ruby Tuesday (Denver, CO).

Interview

Expressed an interest and filled out an app. I got a call a few days later asking me if I'd like to come in for an interview. Super friendly, nothing crazy