Ruby Tuesday

Updated Nov 17, 2014

1.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Extremely easy. I was asked about my past experience then told I'd have orientation in two days. If you have previous experience in any restaurant you will do just fine

Other Interview Reviews for Ruby Tuesday

Server Interview

Very easy to get hired however it was a horrible training process. I was pretty much thrown on the floor and had to start before I knew the menu or how things really worked at the location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday in August 2014.

I applied online on a Thursday and got called in for an interview with the restaurant manager on Wednesday. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. He asked me basic interview questions for about 5 minutes then I asked a few questions. After he told me about the job he had the training server come over and talk to me so I could ask her questions and she could tell me what it's like working there. Everyone was very nice. He came back to finish up the interview and told me he had a few other interviews today, then he asked me if I wanted the job. So I said yes! Easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I believe I had 2 interviews Nothing stressful. Just waited a long time for the manager to come out. My second interview was with 2 managers and I had to describe several menu items. These were given to me at the conclusion of my first interview so I knew what to study.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. You really have to be thick skinned to be a server. You will have guests that criticize you for all aspects of the restaurant. You can't take it personally.   View Answer
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

Very brief basic questions, strength and weaknesses, availability, dealing with stress

none

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Very welcoming during interview, easy questions, very quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday in February 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about an hour later about setting up and interview...went to the interview told them my experience and was hired right there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I went in to fill out an application and was asked to fill out the application in a booth while I waited to speak with the manager. I was interviewed then. Asked general questions about my work experience and hobbies. I was offered the job immediately and started the next day. Absolutely loved working here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ruby Tuesday in October 2013.

Was looking for a part time server job and walked into the restaurant and spoke to one of the managers to set up an interview a few days later.

Interview was very informal and very personable. Since the job is relatively simple if you have decent social skills, the manager is judging you by your interpersonal social skills.

Heard back no more than two days after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I went to the restaurant to inquire about any openings and was told by a server to apply online. After going home and filling out the application, I got a call back almost immediately for an interview. I then went back up to the store and met the manager, followed manager around the store, filled out a questionare and then later found out i got the job.