Ruby Tuesday Server Interview Questions & Reviews

1.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in August 2014.

I applied online on a Thursday and got called in for an interview with the restaurant manager on Wednesday. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. He asked me basic interview questions for about 5 minutes then I asked a few questions. After he told me about the job he had the training server come over and talk to me so I could ask her questions and she could tell me what it's like working there. Everyone was very nice. He came back to finish up the interview and told me he had a few other interviews today, then he asked me if I wanted the job. So I said yes! Easy.

Other Interview Reviews for Ruby Tuesday

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I believe I had 2 interviews Nothing stressful. Just waited a long time for the manager to come out. My second interview was with 2 managers and I had to describe several menu items. These were given to me at the conclusion of my first interview so I knew what to study.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. You really have to be thick skinned to be a server. You will have guests that criticize you for all aspects of the restaurant. You can't take it personally.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

Very brief basic questions, strength and weaknesses, availability, dealing with stress

none

Server Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Very welcoming during interview, easy questions, very quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Easley, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easley, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in February 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about an hour later about setting up and interview...went to the interview told them my experience and was hired right there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I went in to fill out an application and was asked to fill out the application in a booth while I waited to speak with the manager. I was interviewed then. Asked general questions about my work experience and hobbies. I was offered the job immediately and started the next day. Absolutely loved working here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bridgeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeton, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in March 2011.

I sat down with the General Manager for an informal interview where we discussed my past work experience as well as my expectations of working at Ruby Tuesday, before meeting and interacting with the staff at the time.

Interview Questions
    • What opportunities do you believe that Ruby Tuesday can provide?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

I went to the restaurant to inquire about any openings and was told by a server to apply online. After going home and filling out the application, I got a call back almost immediately for an interview. I then went back up to the store and met the manager, followed manager around the store, filled out a questionare and then later found out i got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmingdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in April 2010.

I was a transfer from a location in Colorado Springs, CO. I walked in and asked to talk to the manager (went around 3pm when I knew it wasn't going to busy and I had the best chance of speaking to him in person). I had an interview right away. I explained what I had done at my previous location. He approved and asked me to come back to speak to a second manager the following day. That also went well. The focus was mostly on my personally and how I could interact with tables confidently. It helped that my old store recommended me to the managers at this new location, and that I already knew the business.

Interview Questions
    • Since I was a transfer from Colorado, my interview in Farmingdale was very straight forward and short. In Colorado, the general manger who hired me said "Your turn to ask me questions. Just keep asking me anything at all....Another question"   View Answer
    No negotiation. Pay is according to the state's tipped employee minimum wage. Everything else is in tips. No bonuses. The better you are, the better shifts you get. That is the only way to make more money.

Anonymous Employee  in  Westhampton, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Westhampton, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in February 2009.

Sat down with gm and talked about how a daily shift would run. asked me what days I was available to work. asked me what I liked about the company. Asked if I minded working holidays. Told me all about the brand and what the company was about.

Interview Questions
    • how many years in the field do you have?   View Answer
    • What other restaurants have you worked at and what did you like about them?   Answer Question

Worked for Ruby Tuesday? Contribute to the Community!