Ruby Tuesday

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bloomingdale, IL

Interviewed at Ruby Tuesday

Interview Details – Very brief basic questions, strength and weaknesses, availability, dealing with stress

Interview Question – how do you handle stress   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Server

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview Details – Very welcoming during interview, easy questions, very quick.

Interview Question – Wasnt any   Answer Question

Easley, SC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted about an hour later about setting up and interview...went to the interview told them my experience and was hired right there.

Mobile, AL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview Details – I went in to fill out an application and was asked to fill out the application in a booth while I waited to speak with the manager. I was interviewed then. Asked general questions about my work experience and hobbies. I was offered the job immediately and started the next day. Absolutely loved working here.

Interview Question – How do you handle an angry customer   Answer Question

Bridgeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in March 2011.

Interview Details – I sat down with the General Manager for an informal interview where we discussed my past work experience as well as my expectations of working at Ruby Tuesday, before meeting and interacting with the staff at the time.

Interview Question – What opportunities do you believe that Ruby Tuesday can provide?   Answer Question

Memphis, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Ruby Tuesday.

Interview Details – I went to the restaurant to inquire about any openings and was told by a server to apply online. After going home and filling out the application, I got a call back almost immediately for an interview. I then went back up to the store and met the manager, followed manager around the store, filled out a questionare and then later found out i got the job.

Interview Question – What is your experience in the field?   Answer Question

Farmingdale, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was a transfer from a location in Colorado Springs, CO. I walked in and asked to talk to the manager (went around 3pm when I knew it wasn't going to busy and I had the best chance of speaking to him in person). I had an interview right away. I explained what I had done at my previous location. He approved and asked me to come back to speak to a second manager the following day. That also went well. The focus was mostly on my personally and how I could interact with tables confidently. It helped that my old store recommended me to the managers at this new location, and that I already knew the business.

Interview Question – Since I was a transfer from Colorado, my interview in Farmingdale was very straight forward and short. In Colorado, the general manger who hired me said "Your turn to ask me questions. Just keep asking me anything at all....Another question"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay is according to the state's tipped employee minimum wage. Everything else is in tips. No bonuses. The better you are, the better shifts you get. That is the only way to make more money.

Westhampton, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in February 2009.

Interview Details – Sat down with gm and talked about how a daily shift would run. asked me what days I was available to work. asked me what I liked about the company. Asked if I minded working holidays. Told me all about the brand and what the company was about.

Interview Questions

• how many years in the field do you have?   View Answer
  • What other restaurants have you worked at and what did you like about them?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Ruby Tuesday

Interview Details – Online appliocation, Walked in, got and interview time

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Server

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ruby Tuesday in November 2008.

Interview Details – easy asked questions about suggestive selling

Interview Question – Sell me your favorite appetizer   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ruby Tuesday

Worked for Ruby Tuesday? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ruby Tuesday Server interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ruby Tuesday employees and interview candidates.