Ruckus Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.7

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ruckus Wireless in January 2015.

Positive interview experience. In spite of that got kicked out unceremoniously before talking to the hiring manager (final interviewer). Suspect that expected salary range did not match their expectation. Recruiter took the current salary information just at the beginning of the interview. Recruiter never responded to enquiries after that. First of all, he could have asked my expectation or current salary before scheduling the interview if that's a big deal for him. Or at least the company should have had a basic courtesy to respond to my enquiry -- whether it is a go or no-go or haven't decided yet. Something...
    Totally unprofessional !

Interview Questions
    • Questions on iOS/Android. Demoed one of my app in development.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ruckus Wireless.

A recruiter found me on LinkedIn and contacted me to apply for the position. I applied and had a short phone interview. I went in for an in-person with the hiring manager, and also met a VP. After, I was brought in for a nearly three-hour long interview process, with one-on-ones with a number of team members and people with whom I would interact with in the position. After the final in-person, they called me with the offer.

A number of things struck me as unprofessional or strange during the process. I was asked an illegal interview question and one employee even commented that people at the company were "weird." These were red flags, but the worst of it all was when I was finally given an offer.

Once I was given the offer, I tried to negotiate for a number within the original salary range I had given them, which they had said was within budget. When I tried to negotiate, it was no longer in the budget. Then, the offer was rescinded. I had mentioned the illegal interview question to HR, so this may be the reason the offer was rescinded.

The whole process left a bad taste in my mouth and I personally would never again consider this company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty specific to position. How would you generate leads? Describe your experience in webinars. etc. I didn't really get any typical interview questions like describing weaknesses or strengths.   Answer Question

I was offered the position, but when I tried to negotiate, they rescinded the offer. It was very unprofessional and I would recommend avoiding this company.

Support Engineer Interview

After phone screen, went in to meet with hiring manager. Also met with another team member and engineering personnel. Very straightforward. Main issue was that there was a general sense of chaos and disorganization.

Senior Product Line Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ruckus Wireless in January 2013.

Was fairly straight forward. Met the VP in a coffee shop followed by 2 onsite interviews. The questions were around my past and current experiences. During the onsite interview process, I also met HR and talked about salary expectations.

Easy.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ruckus Wireless in December 2013.

- First interview (phone) with recruiter, very high level (recruiter was not technical)
    - Second interview (phone) with direct colleague, slightly more technical
    - Third interview (phone) with direct superior, technical
    - Fourth interview (face to face) with direct colleague, personal

They look for a 'culture fit' more than technical knowledge. The company operates very differently to other companies in Europe so they want to make sure you are a fit into that culture

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me how you did [previous task mentioned on my CV]   View Answer

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ruckus Wireless.

Usually phone screen of 30 minutes followed by 2-3 rounds of interviews. Almost everyone in the group will interview the candidate. Be prepared to stay for 3-4 hours per round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ruckus Wireless in October 2011.

Aptitude test -> techical round -> HR round.