Ruckus Wireless

Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ruckus Wireless.

Interview Details – What I loved the most about the process was the fact that it was quick and efficient. It wasn't as dragging and painful as how other companies tend to handle it. The interviewers were very nice and respectful, which I liked also. I've been to several onsite interviews at smaller or similar sized companies where people were so caught up in the "startup attitude" that they often came across as rude or aggressive. I knew I wanted to join Ruckus after my onsite interview.

Interview Question – There wasn't any particularly difficult or unusual question.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ruckus Wireless.

Interview Details – A recruiter found me on LinkedIn and contacted me to apply for the position. I applied and had a short phone interview. I went in for an in-person with the hiring manager, and also met a VP. After, I was brought in for a nearly three-hour long interview process, with one-on-ones with a number of team members and people with whom I would interact with in the position. After the final in-person, they called me with the offer.

A number of things struck me as unprofessional or strange during the process. I was asked an illegal interview question and one employee even commented that people at the company were "weird." These were red flags, but the worst of it all was when I was finally given an offer.

Once I was given the offer, I tried to negotiate for a number within the original salary range I had given them, which they had said was within budget. When I tried to negotiate, it was no longer in the budget. Then, the offer was rescinded. I had mentioned the illegal interview question to HR, so this may be the reason the offer was rescinded.

The whole process left a bad taste in my mouth and I personally would never again consider this company.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty specific to position. How would you generate leads? Describe your experience in webinars. etc. I didn't really get any typical interview questions like describing weaknesses or strengths.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered the position, but when I tried to negotiate, they rescinded the offer. It was very unprofessional and I would recommend avoiding this company.

Support Engineer Interview

Support Engineer

Interviewed at Ruckus Wireless

Interview Details – After phone screen, went in to meet with hiring manager. Also met with another team member and engineering personnel. Very straightforward. Main issue was that there was a general sense of chaos and disorganization.

Interview Question – Describe your worst customer support experience.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ruckus Wireless in December 2013.

Interview Details – - First interview (phone) with recruiter, very high level (recruiter was not technical)
- Second interview (phone) with direct colleague, slightly more technical
- Third interview (phone) with direct superior, technical
- Fourth interview (face to face) with direct colleague, personal

They look for a 'culture fit' more than technical knowledge. The company operates very differently to other companies in Europe so they want to make sure you are a fit into that culture

Interview Question – Explain to me how you did [previous task mentioned on my CV]   View Answer

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Senior Embedded Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ruckus Wireless.

Interview Details – Usually phone screen of 30 minutes followed by 2-3 rounds of interviews. Almost everyone in the group will interview the candidate. Be prepared to stay for 3-4 hours per round.

Interview Question – No questions are too hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ruckus Wireless in October 2011.

Interview Details – Aptitude test -> techical round -> HR round.

Interview Question – Explain the M3UA layer   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ruckus Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ruckus Wireless interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ruckus Wireless employees and interview candidates.