Rural King Interview Questions

1.5

Stockman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huber Heights, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huber Heights, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Rural King in September 2013.

I applied in person by picking up an application, I called back once or twice to request an interview and thank them for taking my application. I got a call back within a few days, and when I interviewed I was hired on the spot, I had to bring in my "I9" information on my first day of work(which was a full day of work). The interview was very short, basic questions, looking over my application, and past work experience.

Interview Questions
    • In general there are a lot of questions you aren't going to have a good answer or even an answer at all within the first few weeks/months of working with Rural King.(lack of training)   View Answer
    No negotiation, I suppose that was my fault for assuming a minimum wage, and needing a job. I was interviewed very quickly, and hired very quickly.(within minutes of showing up for the interview). I was expecting a more lengthy interview process so I didn't prepare for the first interview thinking I would be screened then asked for a second interview.

Office Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Rural King.

was done ever efficiently

none

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wentzville, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rural King.

Easy interview with the basic feel you out questions, then you will be told how they are family. If they like what you say and if they think you will not realize what is going on they will hire you. It is a quick eyeball judgement on the spot interview.

Interview Questions
    • Will you report an employee for stealing. They do not trust anybody and they have a $1000.00 bounty on employees who turn in other employees for stealing any thing!!!   View Answer
    After I had taken the offer. I had a funny feeling I might have made the wrong choice!

Lead Cashiere Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Rural King in February 2013.

They called me on a Tuesday morning about 7:30 asked if I could come in about 9:30 for an interview. I told them I would be there. Had first interview with an Assistant Manager, then my second with the store manager. I was offered the job. I then took a drug screen in the same building, they completed my background check. When that was finished, I started work and ended up working six hours that day .

Interview Questions
    Very simple, entry level employees start out at a little over minumum wage.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Rural King.

interviews are very informal and laid back. Most questions are pertaining to basic merchandising / retail processes and how you handle employees. There is no real structured interview that they use and majority of the store managers will ask you simple questions leaving more in depth questions to a regional. Regionals will usually re ask the questions the store manager ask along with where do you see yourself in a few years, what do you want out of the company, previous experience. They almost always require assistants to now be relocatable which is discussed in the interview but will not usually be able to answer questions such as how much they will pay you or pay you to move which never covers your full moving expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question they ask you is what is the cheapest salary you will accept to work for them while they promise BIG bonuses which are never anywhere near what they promise you.   View Answer
    It was a constant back and forth discussion and very slow process.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wentzville, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wentzville, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rural King in March 2011.

Rural King uses paper applications which they accept at all times and keep them on file.

Interview Questions
    • Easiest place I've ever interviewed for. I found nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate but they are firm on their pay rates.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jasper, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jasper, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rural King in August 2011.

My store manager had hinted at me for some time that he thought I might make for a strong assistant manager, if I was interested. After a week or so of deliberation, I agreed that I would interview with both him and our regional manager, separately.

The interview with my store manager was quite brief. He asked me about my background, education, future goals, etc. He then suggested that when I interview with the regional manager, I present a cover letter and resume, and be fully prepared to talk about what I could bring to the company through this promotion.

I prepared my documents and interviewed successfully with our regional leader, though in all honesty she was hesitant, at least on the surface, to hire me because my degree is entirely unrelated to the fields of retail or agriculture. Everything I know about those two fields I have learned simply by listening to customers, working with the products, and putting in lots of time with as much patience as I could muster.

In the end, she decided to offer the job to me, and I accepted it. Immediately, I was sent out on the road to help remodel and set up a number of stores to aid in the company's insatiable expansion in the Midwest.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer
    In retrospect, I really was unable to negotiate at all. I was told that I would enter at a specific rate, since I possessed a 4-year degree, and that after 16 weeks I would receive a $2,000 bump in pay. I came to find out that the specific amount was the default amount given to all entry-level prospects for this position, but that others had been and would be hired in at a higher salary based on their previous experience.

Web Sales Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Rural King in August 2008.

The interview felt very informal and was quick. There weren't any chairs in the interview room, just a counter height table. They asked the standard interview questions, informed me that there was one other person they were considering, called me the next day and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    The salary I asked for was higher than what they were prepared to offer for this position. They did offer me more than what they anticipated paying the person in the position, but did not meet my asking salary.

Worked for Rural King? Contribute to the Community!