Rush University Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015
Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.7

General Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Spoke to recruiters at Career Fair. Asked them questions about their company, such as flexibility with transitioning potential employees and characteristics they looked for when hiring someone. The interview process was similar to a "normal" job interview. There was not a set-time (appointment). Just a time range. Otherwise, it was like other interviews, I've been on. The setting was not as formal.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Was contacted via email with an invitation for an interview sent by HR. Day of interview I met with a recruiter who was extremely nice and helpful. I called her often regarding the interview process. She directed me to the NICU where I met with the assistant unit director who gave me a tour of the unit and then asked me questions. After the interview, I didn't hear for over a month what my status was and had to call several times to get any information. The only person who ever answered was the recruiter.

Nursing Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rush University Medical Center in February 2015.

The HR interview is first, which is very simple with just a few questions. The interview with the unit is much more time intensive. Mine was with 2 people, a unit director and an assistant unit director. Be prepared for behavioral interview questions! You must have situations or stories instead of just general answers, or they will tell you to say a new answer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake, what happened?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you did not get along with other members of staff, what did you do?   Answer Question

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

I had two interviews, one with the MICU and one with the CICU. My experience with the MICU was not a very positive one but things went very well with the CICU. I was first called for an interview, then I had to provide 5 references that they had to verify. Then I interviewed over the phone with HR, and interviewed in person with the managers of the respective ICUs. Waiting for an offer was the hard part. Rush took about 3 weeks to notify me of an offer. I actually didn't think I received one!

Interview Questions
    • "How do I trust you're not going to leave us after a year because you're an investment?"   Answer Question

RN Interview

Applied online and received call from nurse recruiter. Interviewed in person with nurse recruiter followed by unit manager and a nurse on the unit. Interview questions consisted of patient scenarios and the typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Patient ethical situation you encountered and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Administration Assistant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

I was a intern with Rush University Medical Center and was offered a job after the completion of my internship. During my internship I worked with various people throughout the organization. In addition to, I learned a lot about the organization and attend meetings with top exective management.

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

First you meet with HR recruiter and then the manager on the unit/department you are applying for. They asked what was my greatest strength and greatest weakness. If I have ever been penalized at work before. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter asked me if I was applying to any other hospitals in the Chicago area. I wasn't expecting that question.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate my pay

Registered Respiratory Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

Was first notified by email with a date and time for initial interview. Met with department personnel/ no HR present. Everyone was very professional. Standard Q & A related to the job/ several scenario based questions and some HR questions. Who is your customer? How did you resolve a conflict between coworkers?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, they did run through several scenarios to test knowledge/critical thinking   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rush University Medical Center.

I applied online through the Rush employment website. They called me in for an interview after about a week. The interview process was pretty short and simple. Questions asked were mainly behavioral questions. The staff members were very nice and friendly. They got back to me with an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was describing what your future goals are?   Answer Question

Clinic Coordinator Interview