Russ Reid

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Russ Reid.

Hiring process was very fast. Interview process was better than other company, in my opinion, because you get to meet 2 or 3 people at the same time rather than meeting one people at a time. Everything was done professionally. They will not waste their time and your time. Whether you are the lucky one or not, they will let you know at least 2 days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Russ Reid in September 2014.

Every step of the process was professional and communicative. I was recommended by a current employee; I heard from Russ Reid about a week after submitting my resume.

My first point of contact was a recruiter (Megan), who served as a 'guide' through the whole hiring process. She was personable and straightforward about my potential fit for the role. We spoke on the phone about an hour, and agreed to schedule an in-person interview.

Two days later, I went into the office for a sit-down with the team I would be joining. My two interviewers were delightful, and casual without sacrificing a sober description of the work. We met for forty-five minutes.

The recruiter called me two hours later to answer any further questions I may have, and to ask my thoughts on the recruiting process thus far. Russ Reid clearly values feedback, which I admire. The following week, they checked my references and background check.

TL;DR || It seems like these are lovely people doing worthwhile work with professionalism and humanity. I've been on the job hunt for three months, and Russ Reid has been the most communicative and respectful by far.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a customer service experience where something went horribly wrong, and it wasn't your fault, but it ended up on your plate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Russ Reid in February 2014.

Two weeks after submitting my resume through an employee referral, I got a call from HR. We spoke on the phone for about 30 minutes and discussed my background and what I knew about the company. Since some of their clients are faith-based organizations, she asked what my level of comfort was with that and if I would prefer to work on a team that doesn't handle FBOs. I didn't get the impression that she would rule me out if I indicated a preference, and it really seemed like she wanted to make sure I was comfortable with the situation. The HR rep was so nice and very professional. It was more in-depth than most phone screeners, which gave me a good impression of the company and showed that they were (1) prepared and (2) interested in a good cultural fit. At the end of our conversation I was invited for an in-person interview in a few days.

While waiting in the lobby I got yet another good impression of the company - everyone walking by seemed very pleasant and some even greeted me. My interview was with 2 people on the team I would be joining and lasted about 30 minutes. It was pretty conversational, which was nice. After that they had me take a skills test, which assessed my attention to detail and proofreading. It wasn't the clearest copy, so it felt more like an eye exam! That took about 30 minutes as well.

Two days later HR called me to set up a second in-person interview for the following day. This second interview was with 1 person and lasted about 45 minutes. It was more in-depth and I was asked more situational questions like "Tell me about a time when...". It was more focused on making sure I was the right cultural fit.

The next day I got a call from HR to say that they would be proceeding with reference and background checks, and I would be hearing from them in a couple of days. Right on time, 3 days later, I received an offer! HR was great throughout the whole process. They kept me informed of a clear timeline and stuck to it. From initial phone screener to accepted offer, it took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    After receiving the offer, I was given 24 hours to accept. I was able to negotiate a salary increase, but because it is an entry-level position it wasn't a huge amount. Negotiation happened over the phone and they were willing to work with me.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Russ Reid in August 2013.

A total of four rounds; one phone call with a recruiter and three times in the office. First meeting with would-be manager, second with would-be peers and third with the rest of the team.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Was brought on in a freelance to permanent hire situation, i.e., assuming I met expectations my role would convert to permanent. Several weeks in I was told I would be converted to a permanent role since my performance was well above expectations and all levels and disciplines were very pleased with my work (these were VP hiring manager comments). I continued to work as a freelancer for a couple weeks, and then without warning was told at the end of a work day I was no longer needed and that was it.

As a freelancer, I certainly had no expectations of anything, but to verbally offer and confirm a job (causing me to put off other companies that wanted me to work for them - which yes I'll admit now was naive) was completely unethical and misleading. The lack of professionalism and ethics, especially from an agency that touts itself as "doing good for non profits", fortunately, is well noted in the LA agency world. For example, when people network for contacts from me, they'll gladly pull from many agencies, but rarely if ever want anyone from Russ Reid.

To be fair, the place is easy to work at, there are no Einsteins or long hours, and anyone semi-competent can cruise (although your pay will be below average)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Russ Reid in June 2012.

Extensive over the phone interview with Recruiter before they showed the team my resume. Once they approved we followed by an in person interview with 3 different team members lasting about an hour each. Received an offer two days later asking me to start a week later.

Interview Questions
    Quick offer letter, terms were discussed previously to being hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Russ Reid in July 2011.

I was first called by a person in the Human Resources department to get a little background on my work experience. Then a few days later I received a call where they asked me to come in for an in person interview. The in person interview was very detailed. It consisted of 2 1:1 interviews with 2 executives. They asked very important questions that gave them the ability to understand my knowledge of their business. I was very glad I did my homework on the company before arriving. I was there for about 2 hours, about 1 hour per person. Then a few days later they set up a time for me to come in and take a data and detail test. It was hard, but showed their commitment to finding the right candidate. A few days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Direct Response Marketing?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were confronted by a stranger and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Russ Reid?   Answer Question