Russell Investments Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2014

3.1

PCS Event Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Russell Investments in January 2014.

Applied for position online. Within a few days received a phone interview. Spoke with talent acquistion representative and had a great conversation. The representative asked a bit about past experience, things on my resume, but got really excited when the conversation began to flow and we discussed additional topics. It appeared that the representative was seeing if I could hold a conversation over the phone as well. Our phone call ended with the representative saying she would get back to me within a few days about a second interview. I was contacted in three days about going in for an in-person interview at the Russell Investements Seattle location.

My in-person interview was with three full-time workers from the PCS (Private Client Services) team. It was apparent that multiple people were in the running for the position I was interviewing for. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and went fairly well. I was told that I would be contacted within a week. I waited two weeks exactly without an answer and called back to find out that the position was filled. At this point, I believed that they were able to find a better fit and the outcome seemed reasonable; however, I would have enjoyed receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a question that stuck out in regards to difficulty, all the questions were reasonable.   Answer Question

Derivative Analyst Interview

When through 2 phone interview. The first phone interview is with the hiring manager, while the second is with the department manager. The interview continue to an on site interview.

Regional Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Russell Investments.

Took forever and did 9 interviews and they all seemed to be the same. They asked a lot of traditional sales interview questions. Be sure to bring past successes to the table

Interview Questions
    • All generic questions, nothing unexpected, just make sure you love sales   Answer Question
    There was none

Human Resources Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Russell Investments in July 2014.

Incredibly organized and professional interview. Each person (I met with a total of five individuals) was on time to meet with me, had my resume in hand, and seemed genuinely excited to chat with me. The interview took four hours, but it was time well spent.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions were basic. It was more of a casual discussion than a formal interview.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Russell Investments in January 2010.

met with 12 associates

Interview Questions
    • how can you make a meaningful difference to the firm in your first month?   View Answer
    not difficult

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Russell Investments.

I had an interview with an external recruiter and then came in for an in-person interview with people on the team and the hiring manager. Follow up and negotiations were with a different recruiter. Don't believe what they tell you about the bonus and note that the 401(k) matching of 5% only kicks in after 5 years. That was not made clear up front.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate the salary, but I think I should have pushed back on the job title as you get stuck in a position for years and only get to advance if you're extremely lucky.

Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Russell Investments.

Starting with a phone interview, calling from a HR manager. Then after 2 weeks, the panel interview was scheduled. It lasted 2 days. Basically, meeting with the hiring manager and the team members.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were expected. Behavior questions + job related questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Two rounds of interviews. First round is a phone interview and second round is on-site with four people on the team to which you applied. Lots of questions about market and finance so be prepared for the technical aspects not much on behavior at all. Overall good experience, and their office at the Russell Investments Center is amazing.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Russell Investments in October 2010.

The Russell Shuffle as it's called. You will go through a series of group interviews designed to assess fit. You have to make a good impression on everyone because each interviewer will pick their top 1 person. They don't compare notes to look at the total picture.

Wear a suit, no exceptions. Ask how far you'll be from a decision maker, because there are a lot of politics here. If you don't have access to a VIP, you'll be SOL when it comes to getting anything done.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? That seems basic, but it's really important to Russell.   View Answer
    For operations, they barely negotiate. They have the "total pay package" that includes your 401k and health benefits, like that's somehow compensation. The bonuses are always low for Operations. Don't let them fool you that you'll make $10k in bonuses. I don't know anyone who received more than $3k.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Russell Investments in November 2013.

Extremely friendly and fair.

Worked for Russell Investments? Contribute to the Community!