Russell Reynolds

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

Executive Director Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Russell Reynolds.

Fit and culture test. Typical behavioral interviews. Met 20 people some in person and some via Skype. Exploratory became more formal as time went on. Took 4 months from beginning to end.

Interview Questions
    Easy. Figure who has signing authority and request.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Russell Reynolds.

Contacted by a recruiter, scheduling an interview was quick and painless. Interviewer was polite, and extremely candid. Never in my life has an interviewer opened with "Boy is this a hard place to work!" - repeated at least twice. Based on her fleshed-out description of the job and environment, that assessment would seem to be spot on.

In the end, a very positive interview experience, but not a fit for me.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Russell Reynolds in May 2014.

The hiring process took approximately 3 weeks. I had an initial phone interview, then several rounds of in-person interviews before a final skype interview, closely followed by an offer! It's a lengthy process, but everyone is friendly and informative. No particularly difficult questions. Everyone asked similar questions, looking for information on your background and why you would be a good fit. The interviews are more conversational than inquisitive.

Executive Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Russell Reynolds.

Multiple round of interviews. 8-20 interviews per canidate. Usually over several months. Includes psychometric testing - strangely, a different test than the one the firm offers to clients (why?).

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Russell Reynolds.

very friendly interviews with HR firstly on the phone and the in person and Knowledge Management. Mostly questions about myself and University and previous internships. Got feedback really quickly and then second round interviews with consultants and head of research. good and friendly atmosphere. and again really good and quick feedback on the interviews. they talked a lot about what the intership would be like and what would be the main tasks and responsibilities and additional opportunities in the company after the internship as a knowledge analyst.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Russell Reynolds in November 2013.

I met a recruiter on a Friday and was hired the next Friday. One of the fastest employment cycles I've experienced and witnessed. I started with a phone and in-person interview with the recruiter on Friday. She set up an interview the following Monday. I interviewed with RRA on Tuesday. They made me an offer on Thursday. I accepted on Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. They asked me about my working style and if I were organized. Organization is a key trait to working here.   Answer Question
    I worked with the recruiter to find a number that suited my and their expectation.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Russell Reynolds in November 2013.

I reached out to a recruiter who went to the same college as me and sent her my application materials (resume, cover letter) directly. We had an initial 20 minute phone conversation. Then, she set up a 2 hour Skype interview where I spoke with 4 other employees in 1 hour blocks (two at a time). I took the initiative to meet them at their offices in New York City a few weeks later when I was visiting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you worked on a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Russell Reynolds in January 2012.

Everyone I met with was very polite the office is well organized. Normal questions about past experience and how day to day is ran. Beautiful office, a little stuffy with an air of arrogance. Two rounds of interview before being turned down.

Interview Questions
    • All very normal questions nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Research and Recruiting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Russell Reynolds in August 2007.

Brief phone convo, two on site interviews

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Russell Reynolds.

Several rounds with Sector leader, consultants and then client partner. Phone interviews and one one-site interview with the partner.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly go over your resume. Test your personality and your interst in the sector. Some standard questions like your strengthen and weakness, etc.   Answer Question