Russell Stover

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Sales Interview

Lead Sales
Dundee, MI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Russell Stover in June 2011.

Interview Details – submitted application to store, about 1 week later interviewed by store manager, about 3 weeks later did phone interview with corporate another week later phone interview with hr and then a few days later another phone interview with corporate.

Interview Question – what do you mean by you were just let go?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – was dis honest and misleading

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person - interviewed at Russell Stover in May 2013.

Interview Details – Questions are basic form from corportate headquarters. It is also the opinion of the manager and other employees that have input about the person being interviewed.

Interview Question – Questions involve both private and personal questions about past employment also.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the last position I was interviewed about because of lack of pay increase yet more responsibility and involvement in management did not match my ability or experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Russell Stover.

Interview Details – 1. Give me an example where you were trying to sell a product, they said no and it turned into a yes.
2. Describe a situation in which you were able to make your team or co better.
3. Tell me about a time when you had to go above an beyond the call of duty to accomplish a difficult task or goal.
4. What do you consider to be teh key skills for closing a sale

Interview Question – If you could change one business decision you made during the past two years, what would that be?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Utility Interview

Utility
Abilene, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Russell Stover in June 2012.

Interview Details – Quick & relatively positive

Interview Question – What is a good excuse for not coming to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wages are etched in stone for production people at RSC.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Russell Stover in August 2011.

Interview Details – Relaxed interview process-the usual questions. No assessment tests.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to do something you didn't agree with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offer $12.oo hourly-take it or leave it. No raises.

Human Resource Manager Interview

Human Resource Manager
Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Russell Stover in June 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone call sounded like they wanted to hire me on the spot, sight unseen. When I got there for the interview, I felt that I was over-dressed wearing a suit. The person to person interview went okay, and I was told that they would contact me either way and that they were getting close to making a decision. They did not contact me, but re-ran the ad for the position the next day.

Interview Question – They asked more personality/behavior based questions than actual job specific questions.   Answer Question

Cost Accounting Interview

Cost Accounting
Iola, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Russell Stover.

Interview Details – very good

Interview Question – how do i get help from upper management   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Assembly Line Interview

Assembly Line
Iola, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Russell Stover in January 2011.

Interview Details – Like the office staff and Floor Management so far but havent completed my 90 day probation period yet. Only time can tell. The Management was real friendly and made you feel at ease considering its never a walk in the park to start a new job any where but this company does a fine job with the interview process.

Interview Question – No Unexpeted Question was asked That I hadnt already antisipated.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Most people start at the bottom of the chain and work there way up the ladder as far as I can tell so far

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Russell Stover in July 2010.

Interview Details – consisted of 2 phone interviews and 5 1:1's.

Interviews were based on the position, and did not contain the usual "canned" questions.
This was very refreshing as I felt we could discuss my qualifications rather that "what-if's" or "remember when"

Interview Question – Interviewed with COO and I found it very hard to relax   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Columbus, OH

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Russell Stover in December 2009.

Interview Details – Well, I got the initial call from Corporate. They scheduled the phone interview two weeks in advance.
The phone interview call lasted 30 minutes. It went fine. I waited 3 more weeks before I got the 1st interview scheduled. I thought I would have had a second interview, or at least the manager who interviewed me acted like she was very interested in me. Three weeks later, I got an e-mail that they offered another candidate the job? I was upset of course. This company seems a little distant and constantly changing hiring practices and who calls who? I don't think it paid well, but you do get a company car and it's yours for personal use at $90.00 deducted from your pay. No bonuses, no profit sharing. Good luck.

Worked for Russell Stover? Contribute to the Community!