Rust-Oleum

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.2

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rust-Oleum.

Applied online for a position over a month ago. Eventually received an email from a HR personal requesting a day/time to conduct a call to discuss the opportunity. Replied to HR personal fairly fast and proposed several day/time options, but never heard back.

After about a week replied to HR personal’s original email again following up. A day later, the HR personal replies stating that she is overwhelmed with work and she forgot to reply back to my response.

Replied to HR personal withdrawing my application. Based on what other people have posted on GD and the way HR personal responded, I felt the organization is an absolute mess.

Product Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rust-Oleum.

Was a very long interview- took a long time to hear back about the position.HR had called back after about a month then had asked if there were any questions- Asked about the position and they said thats why they were calling- Slightly confusing.

Interview Questions
    • was asked to explain the best moment of my career as well as my worst, luckily I was comfortable with the interviewer and was able to give a real answer and be open and honest with them.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rust-Oleum in September 2014.

-Applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later for a phone screen with HR.
    -Easy phone screen where I was asked about work history and told somewhat about the position but very vague about salary for some reason. After the phone screen HR will tell you about a "homework assignment" that you need to complete for the next step. I'm not kidding....
    -You find out the homework assignment is to create a video about "what motivates you?" and send it in. At this point you'll probably be scratching your head and wondering what you've gotten yourself into here and why they don't just facebook friend you and have you make a youtube video on graffiti with their paint or something.
    -Phone interview with hiring manager that's very easy and straightforward and just went over my background and the position. Here's where it went off the rails for me....The manager said he was impressed with my experience and was definitely inviting me to a face to face interview the following week and told me to clear my schedule because I would be getting call asap to schedule my trip from HR and get me flown out. He was emphatic about this....Then I heard nothing for a week until I emailed HR to find out what was going on and was immediately sent a form turndown email. The manager I interviewed with would not return my call and that was all I heard from them.
    -Never again...Total waste of time, lies, weirdo video, and non responsive after they shut you out of the loop after lying to you. I will recommend fellow colleagues NOT to apply here.

Interview Questions
    • None...Just know your resume and make it relate to the position. It's DIY sales....   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rust-Oleum in June 2013.

HR manager was about 15 minutes late for the interview. Met with HR Manager for about 45 minutes to cover the basic questions. I was then handed off to the Engineering manager who asked some more job-specific questions.

I was then given a tour of the full facility by the engineering manager. After the tour, we returned to his office and talked for another 30 minutes. The interview seemed to go well. The Engineering manager told me that he would like me to come back the following week to meet with a couple of other people. He said that they would call me to schedule the meeting the following week.

As it got to be later into the following week, and I still had not been contacted, I sent a polite email to the Engineering Manager asking for a status update. I received no reply and never heard from them again.

I consider the Manager's failure to respond to my polite inquiry to be a very rude and unprofessional way to treat a candidate. Overall, the interview process was very unstructured. I was surprised that a company with such a huge brand name operates like a rather small company.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't recall being asked any particularly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rust-Oleum in October 2012.

Excellent process - had an initial phone interview with Executive. Followed up with in person interviews at the corporate location with other team members.

Digital Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rust-Oleum in July 2012.

Rust-Oleum's corporate office is very nice. Management wasn't confident or clear in the interview process. There were five interviews. First, over the phone. Next was coming into the office. Third, interview again with same manager followed by Sr. Director, and then VP of Marketing.

Pay range of $35,000 -$45,000