Rutgers University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.4

Web Editor Interview

It was easy, they just asked me about my experince with web and if i knew any coding or had exposure to an CMS. Asked me about what i thought about the site they were working on and how i could help them

no negotiation as it was internship

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Rutgers University.

I spoke to the professor, and he had written me a recommendation letter. So it was not a "typical" interview. However, I had spoken to other TA's beforehand so I had an idea what it would be like working as a TA. 20 hours maximum and you are paid biweekly.

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations.

Program Coordinator II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rutgers University.

Was emailed and selected for a phone interview. Was told would be informed if went on to in-person interviews soon but received a letter stating that they pursued another candidate.

Graduate Student Interview

Application with a Statement of purpose,bachelor transcripts, GRE score, TOFEL score, subject GRE score and subject GRE score. It is helpful if you know what area of research you want to work in and additional which professor would you like to work with. Some professors do reply to personalized emails.

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rutgers University.

It is from Department appointment and most PhD students and some MS students could have a chance to be teaching assistant. It is from Department appointment and most PhD students and some MS students could have a chance to be teaching assistant.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rutgers University.

one voicemail and quick return call to ask general details of the job duty. Few days before interview, got two more phone calls regarding the salary and the directions to the office. The interviewer was very nice and answered all my questions. i was very interested in the job but i decided to decline due to far commute.

Commute is too long

PM Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Rutgers University.

Two manager interview

Interview Questions
    Yes, Not negotialble since I was at top of payscale.

Plumber Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Rutgers University.

hr sucks they take forever cause there always off and sends paper work to you late

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever thought of leaving your present position before? If yes, what do you think kept you there?   View Answer

Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rutgers University.

Recruiting is all about 2 events: FIND held at Rutgers, and ASHP Midyear. Succeeding here is all about networking e.g. connecting with fellows to "learn about the program" and preparing for standard interviews.

Navigating Midyear, or "the gauntlet", is all about preparation. Just practice interviewing until you are comfortable and you will succeed over the amateurs. The most challenging part is the pace and sheer quantity of interviewing, so the best prepared will their loads lighter than those scrambling last minute.

Interview Questions
    • All interviewers can see every position and company you are applying to, so be prepared to explain your rationale for what kind of positions you applied to   View Answer

Head Lifeguards Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rutgers University.

One on One Interview, Skills Check