Rutgers University

69 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview Details – It is from Department appointment and most PhD students and some MS students could have a chance to be teaching assistant. It is from Department appointment and most PhD students and some MS students could have a chance to be teaching assistant.

Interview Question – It is from Department appointment   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview Details – one voicemail and quick return call to ask general details of the job duty. Few days before interview, got two more phone calls regarding the salary and the directions to the office. The interviewer was very nice and answered all my questions. i was very interested in the job but i decided to decline due to far commute.

Interview Question – are you willing to work overtime   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Commute is too long

PM Interview

PM

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview Details – Two manager interview

Interview Question – I feel the interview were not experienced interviewer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, Not negotialble since I was at top of payscale.

Very Difficult Interview

Plumber Interview

Plumber

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview Details – hr sucks they take forever cause there always off and sends paper work to you late

Interview Question – Have you ever thought of leaving your present position before? If yes, what do you think kept you there?   View Answer

Fellow Interview

Fellow

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview Details – Recruiting is all about 2 events: FIND held at Rutgers, and ASHP Midyear. Succeeding here is all about networking e.g. connecting with fellows to "learn about the program" and preparing for standard interviews.

Navigating Midyear, or "the gauntlet", is all about preparation. Just practice interviewing until you are comfortable and you will succeed over the amateurs. The most challenging part is the pace and sheer quantity of interviewing, so the best prepared will their loads lighter than those scrambling last minute.

Interview Question – All interviewers can see every position and company you are applying to, so be prepared to explain your rationale for what kind of positions you applied to   View Answer

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rutgers University in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very pleasant and informal experience meeting with a few members. They clearly outlined the job responsibilities.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the table that another applicant can't?   Answer Question

Head Lifeguards Interview

Head Lifeguards

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview Details – One on One Interview, Skills Check

Interview Question – How do you feel about team work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at Rutgers University

Interview Details – worked with course professor and had experience with the project, asked for opportunity to work further, got introduced to the team, volunteered first then got paid

Interview Question – working pace was different, and cooperation sometimes failed   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Library Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Rutgers University.

Interview Details – Took two weeks, interview with a manager

Interview Question – What would I do in a situation like this....?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Lots of nepotisam and politcs

Very Easy Interview

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker
Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rutgers University in January 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview. Asked if I had basic proficiency in microsoft excel for data entry purposes.

Interview Question – Pretty basic interview, no in depth questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rutgers University

Worked for Rutgers University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rutgers University interview questions and advice. All 69 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rutgers University employees and interview candidates.