Rutgers University

2.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rutgers University in January 2013.

Pretty basic interview. Asked if I had basic proficiency in microsoft excel for data entry purposes.

Marketing and Communications Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rutgers University in September 2011.

Hired as work-study student assistant which allowed me to transition into a part-time summer/fall job and high pay. Interview was in an intimate location directly with the director of the marketing and communications department. Questions were straight-forward and short. He basically just went through my resume step by step, The whole interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was hired at the end.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation phase due to me being a student and my salary under work-study rules was already given.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rutgers University in September 2010.

Interview was conducted with the Principal Investigator (P.I.). I was asked about my reserch experience and if I helped publish any articles on scientific journals. The interviewer also asked about my future goals--- if I have plans on pursuing a graduate program in Rutgers University. I was also asked if I show my recent college transcripts. Overall, I felt that the interview was long and less intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • In the future, will you be interested in applying for a graduate program here in Rutgers?   View Answer

Physical Plant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rutgers University in January 2010.

it was very professional and on topic

very easy

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rutgers University in April 2009.

There is a panel interview so its normally 1:3 interview. Standard questions are asked like: why do you want this position, what makes you a good fit, etc. Then more personal questions are asked like: who is your hero and what are your personal aspirations in the company. After that there is a time where you can ask questions and it is imperative that you do so!