Rutgers University

Very Easy Interview

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker
Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rutgers University in January 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview. Asked if I had basic proficiency in microsoft excel for data entry purposes.

Interview Question – Pretty basic interview, no in depth questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing and Communications Team Member Interview

Marketing and Communications Team Member
Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rutgers University in September 2011.

Interview Details – Hired as work-study student assistant which allowed me to transition into a part-time summer/fall job and high pay. Interview was in an intimate location directly with the director of the marketing and communications department. Questions were straight-forward and short. He basically just went through my resume step by step, The whole interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was hired at the end.

Interview Question – How will you be an asset to our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase due to me being a student and my salary under work-study rules was already given.

Physical Plant Interview

Physical Plant
Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Rutgers University in January 2010.

Interview Details – it was very professional and on topic

Interview Question – what you would add to the university   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very easy

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Community Assistant Interview

Community Assistant
Newark, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Rutgers University in April 2009.

Interview Details – There is a panel interview so its normally 1:3 interview. Standard questions are asked like: why do you want this position, what makes you a good fit, etc. Then more personal questions are asked like: who is your hero and what are your personal aspirations in the company. After that there is a time where you can ask questions and it is imperative that you do so!

Interview Question – What would you do if.....   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Newark, NJ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rutgers University in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted with the Principal Investigator (P.I.). I was asked about my reserch experience and if I helped publish any articles on scientific journals. The interviewer also asked about my future goals--- if I have plans on pursuing a graduate program in Rutgers University. I was also asked if I show my recent college transcripts. Overall, I felt that the interview was long and less intimidating.

Interview Question – In the future, will you be interested in applying for a graduate program here in Rutgers?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Rutgers University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rutgers University interview questions and advice in Newark, NJ. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rutgers University employees and interview candidates.