Ruth's Chris Steak House

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Chef Interview

Executive Chef
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House.

Interview Details – There were four interviews. One with the DOO in person. Then a phone interview with the regional chef in Arlington, VA. Then a face to face with Asst. GM. And finally a three hour face to face with the franchise owner.

Interview Question – Why do you want to come to work for Ruth's Chris Steak House?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Long and arduous. I was living in Cincinnati and had recently married and bought a fixer-upper. These people needed me to relocate to a cow-town like Indianapolis ad they didn't want to get up off any dough.

Server Assistant Interview

Server Assistant
Chattanooga, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House in April 2013.

Interview Details – First a 1:1 interview with a questionare, then an online test and then another more thorough interview. Be ready to name wine varieties, types of cocktails and alcohol brands as well as different steak and restaurant jargon.

Interview Question – What project are you most proud of in the last year?   Answer Question

Server, Server Assistant Interview

Buckhead, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House in December 2010.

Interview Details – I went in a filled out the application at the request of a manager that I know. They give you an application and an experience questionnaire to fill out. The questionnaire asks things like, What is the difference between distilling and fermenting? What kind of beef is associated with a T-bone? What is your favorite wine and why? What is a pivot point? What is the difference between brandy and cognac? How do you define success? You need some considerable serving experience to work here. I'm still waiting on a call back but I won't be surprised if I don't get it since I do not have that much experience serving.

Interview Question – How much experience do you have serving?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Server Assistant Interview

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ruth's Chris Steak House in March 2012.

Interview Details – one question that all

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Manager they don't talk to you much.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ruth's Chris Steak House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ruth's Chris Steak House interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ruth's Chris Steak House employees and interview candidates.