RxCrossroads

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at RxCrossroads in November 2012.

Interview Details – Spent hours on the phone in interviews with HR recruiter (from Omnicare) and their hired IT consultant. Then spent hours onsite in face-to-face interviews with top brass. Then waited for three weeks with no word from them and I followed up with voice mail and email to them. Then finally got a call back from IT consultant with follow-up questions. They led me to believe I was a finalist for the position... "You'll be hearing from HR again soon." Well, you can guess what happened next... no communication from them for almost 2 months now. Once again, I attempted to follow up, but no response. Totally unprofessional in the process. Their IT consultant was rude, uninformed, and seemed to be at odds with the rest of the atmosphere. The Omnicare recruiter must have fallen off the face of the earth. Affirms my belief that "HR" doesn't stand for Human Resources, but Horrible Reputation. Senior executives in Louisville seem to be solid and would probably be good to work with, but all other aspects of the process were less than acceptable. I understand they eventually felt that I was not their choice, but to not communicate that is pathetic.

Interview Question – I didn't really get odd questions... just asking me to explain my background and experience. The IT Consultant, however, seemed less interested in my answers than standing on his own soap-box.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Brand Support Supervisor Interview

Brand Support Supervisor
Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at RxCrossroads in November 2011.

Interview Details – I heard about this job from a former co-worker. Applied for job via Careerbuilder and co-worker also referred me in late September. Received a voicemail in Mid-October from corporate recruiter. Played phone tag with recruiter for over a week (called and left multiple messages- very few call backs). Finally got ahold of recruiter and had about 30 minute phone interview. I was then scheduled an interview to meet with her at 9 AM on Friday Oct 22nd. She emailed me a lengthy application which I filled out along with job description and agreement. I took off work from my current job to go to the interview. I received a voicemail at 8:15AM from the recruiter, the day of the interview, stating she could not meet with me and wanted to reschedule. No apology from recruiter. Called the recruiter back to reschedule and received an out of office message- recruiter basically took the day off. The recruiter then called me back several days later and wanted to reschedule. Set interview for 9AM on Saturday Oct 29th (this was the only time I could meet). Interviewed with recruiter for over an hour, brought addtional copy of resume per her request. Spoke with recruiter on Monday Oct 31st and set 2nd interview for Wed Nov 2nd at 5:30PM with prospective manager. I was then sent an online assessment which took over an hour to complete. Filled with problems similar to a College-Prep test. I also emailed ANOTHER copy of my resume per the recruiter's request. I attended the 2nd in-person interview, only to find out my prospective manager had gone home sick, so I was stuck with a last minute replacement. This women was rude and was visibly irritated that she was being made to stay to interview. Even so, interview lasted over an hour and I was asked for a 4th copy of my resume, which luckily I had on hand. I received a call from the recruiter on Nov 3rd that the interview went well and I was being called back for a 3RD interview, with the prospective manager and director. Interview was scheduled for November 8th at 5:30PM and ANOTHER copy of my resume was emailed, per recruiter request. Met with supervisor/manager for 3rd interview for over 30 minutes. Meeting went well. Told I would hear a response soon. After two days of no response, I contacted recruiter multiple times, with no call back. Finally received an email late in the day on Thursday Nov 10th stating I was still in consideration for the position and I would receive a call on Friday. Did not receive one. Received voicemail on Tuesday November 15th from recruiter, stating she had "good news" and to call her back. Called back immediately and got voicemail. Left 3 messages and called multiple times throughout the day, with no answer. Finally spoke to recruiter at 4:00 PM. She stated the company wanted me to work for them. But then informed me that I was not going to be offered the position I had applied for, which had been filled internally, but instead was being offered a lower-level position for CONSIDERABLY less pay. Asked for 24 hours to think about decision and talk with spouse, and recruiter sounded irritated that I was asking for time, not considering this was not the "good news" I thought I was getting. Recruiter stated pay would be pumped up an extra $1000. I still stated I would need time. Recruiter asked for response by next day at noon. I subsequently emailed recruiter after speaking with spouse and declined the offer.

Interview Question – If you were going to make me a pizza, how would you make it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The corporate recruiter, which should be in a position to put the best face on the company for prospective employees, completely mishandled the entire interview process. From last minute cancellations, asking for resumes multiple times (were they lost?) and her inability to return a simple phone call, every step of the interview process was a pain (except for my 3rd interview with my prospective bosses). The final straw was to be contacted with "good news" only to find out I was being offered a lower position for less pay. Not my idea of good news. Considering all the hoops I had to jump through with the recruiter just to be seen by someone in the company, I've decided it's best that I take my talents and abilities elsewhere.

Very Difficult Interview

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Louisville, KY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at RxCrossroads in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I had a telephone interview, and this person then scheduled me for an interpersonal interview with a human resources rep. The person who scheduled my interview had said that he would email me an application and additional information prior to my interview, but he did not. He also said that I would be doing a five to ten minute presentation as part of my interview. The afternoon before my interview, I called and left him a message letting him know that I had not received the email containing the application and asked him to re-send it. I checked my spam folder as well as my inbox, but the email never arrived.

The morning of my interview, I had to wait an hour for the human resources rep with whom I was to interview due to her being late. She had either forgotten about my interview or was never aware of it. She did apologize.

I had prepared to do the presentation that I was told that I would be expected to do, but this was never brought up at all during the interview, and I figured that was probably another miscommunication. In addition to the human resources rep, I also interviewed with a supervisor, a manager, and a director, all of whom seemed to be nice people.

The day after my interview, I was emailed a personality questionnaire to take online. The next Monday, the human resources rep left me a voice mail stating that she had "good news" about my "job search." I realized that the company was going to make some sort of a job offer because the h.r. rep had said it was "good news," and I knew that a letter is normally sent rather than a phone call made if a job is not being offered. I decided to think things over for a couple of days before calling her back so that I could give her a definite answer and one neither of us would regret. I eventually decided that the disorganization I had encountered was likely because the company is growing so quickly, as the director had stated in my interview, and I realized that as long as the people were nice and the position was one that excited me, that was what mattered most to me. My impression of all the people I'd met at the company was that they were nice people, and this along with realizing that the position was a great match for my skills and background caused me to decide to call the h.r. rep with an acceptance rather than a decline.

After I accepted the offer, the h.r. rep kept asking why I didn't call her back right away, which was odd because most people like to think over whether to accept a job offer and the salary they are willing to accept. Maybe with the economy being so bad, she is used to people begging her for a job. I assured her repeatedly that I was interested in the job. Later in the day, she called me back to again ask whether I was definitely interested in the job, and I again assured her that I was. The next day I delivered the signed documents for my background check to the reception desk and expected to get the information to take my pre-employment drug screen at the same time, but the h.r. rep told the receptionist via the phone that they would contact me about the drug screen; this was odd because the h.r. rep had previously told me that I had to take the drug screen before noon on Saturday, which at that point was just 26 hours away. A few minutes after I left, the h.r. rep left me a voice mail stating that they were going in a "different direction" and pursuing a different candidate.

Needless to say, my experience was exasperating and upsetting. I RECOMMEND THAT NO ONE APPLY FOR EMPLOYMENT AT THIS COMPANY that treats potential employees so rudely. If you are absolutely desperate for a job, just know that in order to not have an offer of employment rescinded by this company's h.r. rep, you will be expected to call her back immediately and act like a twelve year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert when she deigns to make you an offer. If you behave like a mature, intelligent person by taking the time to think things over to make sure you are making the right decision for both you and the company, the job offer will be rescinded.

Interview Question – Talk about a moral dilemma you had in the past and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't any negotiation phase. The h.r. rep expected me to immediately accept whatever offer she made.

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Reimbursement Specialist
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RxCrossroads in May 2010.

Interview Details – Received call setting up interview, spoke to representative from Human Resources, interviewed with Manager and Supervisor, was told I would hear back if I would be considered for the position. Never heard a response from the company.

Worked for RxCrossroads? Contribute to the Community!