Ryan Homes

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

3.5

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan Homes in January 2015.

I was recruited by a recruiting agency. Went through hours of online testing and numerous telephone interviews. Did not make it to the Panel interview due to "lack of sales information" while my work history was clearly stated on my resume. It is evident that my resume was not fully vetted before the interview process started.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ryan Homes.

The interview process was extremely long and grueling. It began with the online application. Then i received an email from hr recruitor about a phone interview. That lasted about 30 minutes. Then i did a long on line assesment that consisted of over 300 behavioral questions, a math portion test, and several more logical tests. That took 2 hours to complete. I then received a call back almost two weeks later , even though i was told that I'd be called back in a week regardless. They set up a three panel interview to meet with managers. Each individual interview lasted almost 1 hour each. The questions were completely behavioral and very redundant. The managers would ask the same questions in different ways. After investing about ten hours of my life to this process. I received a dissapointing email of rejection .Saying that my sales experience didn't fit the experience they were looking for. They didn't even have the professionalism to tell me this over the phone. A complete joke of a process and huge waste of time.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

Make sure you can speak to your past accomplishments using percentage of increase in sales from year to year. They wanted details about my salary and how much I grew from year to year. Very pleasant but in depth interview that lasted an hour. First interview was about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ryan Homes in September 2014.

1st Lengthy phone interview went excellent! Salary, benefits, job requirements, commissions, hours, training possible start date and next step/second interview were discussed. I was really led on.....

I was led on to believe I would get a second interview. I received an email (not even a phone call) that they did not plan on moving forward. It was really unprofessional because I was led on to believe would at least get a second interview. My advice to Ryan Homes is to not discuss salary, benefits and next steps until the second interview.... -or- do not post a job opportunity that is not open.....

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest thing about your current position and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

Submit resume on line - find an employee to hand carry you have a better chance on getting a phone interview
    Once through phone interview you will have a panel interview, then if you pass that an interview with Division Manager. May take up to six weeks to complete process. Patience is key.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me this pencil, Tell me a time when you had an upset customer and how did you handle, What do you do for fun ( be careful here   View Answer
    Start pay if you are hired as Sales and Marketing Rep in Training can be negotiated it is for 6 months to a year. I learned there was a $ 20,000 difference for the same job depending on what was negotiated. Did not make some of us very happy

Sales Assistant Interview

Very polite and helpful through the entire process. After submitting my application online I was contacted via email by an HR rep for an initial phone interview (about 15-20 minutes long), and then referred to an online test battery consisting of personality/behavior questions (~300), logical reasoning (~20) and numerical reasoning (~20). I was then invited to an office in the same region, though not the exact same location, as the opening (southern MD for a DC posting). The in-person interview consisted of three 45-minute interviews with three different individuals from the site, all involved in Sales in some capacity.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a customer said no. What did you do? What was the final outcome?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

I met with an manager first through referral and they encouraged me to apply. I sent my resume. Then there was a phone interview which was pretty intense. Then I had a panel interview where everyone asked a bunch of questions. Then I had to apply on line and fill out an IQ type test with math and language questions. It had SAT type questions. "This word is to that word, as this word is to ________" Then they did a full background check. I received a call from that I was hired and they were great at working with me on my hire date.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to sell my favorite thing to them in a role play situation. They asked me questions like, "if you had an extra $10,000 what would you do with it and why?" "Tell us about a time when you had to make an executive decision without getting approval from you supervisor"   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

I met a sales manager at a career fair, he was not overly friendly but I was called for a phone interview. The interview questions all revolved around awards received and sales awards. I then took an behavioral test. I have taken many aptitude and personality tests and this was HORRIBLE! I have scored well on these tests in the past but the test they give is bizarre and poorly worded. It is also time consuming along with the online application.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan Homes in March 2014.

One of the more time consuming, 6 hours min. to get through phone call #2. Click on "apply" and the resume and cover letter just start you down the rabbit hole. Yes, then you need to redundantly put all that info into their form. Over 45... don't bother.

Interview Questions
    • "So, did HR explain what the job is?" (phone interview with field ops person)   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sicklerville, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Sicklerville, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

Multiple interviews

Interview Questions
    • How much did you make as an average over your past 3-5 years in real estate?   View Answer