Ryan Homes Sales and Marketing Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.4

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

Make sure you can speak to your past accomplishments using percentage of increase in sales from year to year. They wanted details about my salary and how much I grew from year to year. Very pleasant but in depth interview that lasted an hour. First interview was about 15 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Ryan Homes

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

I met with an manager first through referral and they encouraged me to apply. I sent my resume. Then there was a phone interview which was pretty intense. Then I had a panel interview where everyone asked a bunch of questions. Then I had to apply on line and fill out an IQ type test with math and language questions. It had SAT type questions. "This word is to that word, as this word is to ________" Then they did a full background check. I received a call from that I was hired and they were great at working with me on my hire date.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to sell my favorite thing to them in a role play situation. They asked me questions like, "if you had an extra $10,000 what would you do with it and why?" "Tell us about a time when you had to make an executive decision without getting approval from you supervisor"   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

I met a sales manager at a career fair, he was not overly friendly but I was called for a phone interview. The interview questions all revolved around awards received and sales awards. I then took an behavioral test. I have taken many aptitude and personality tests and this was HORRIBLE! I have scored well on these tests in the past but the test they give is bizarre and poorly worded. It is also time consuming along with the online application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sicklerville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sicklerville, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

Multiple interviews

Interview Questions
    • How much did you make as an average over your past 3-5 years in real estate?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

dress nicely! ryan homes is business professional, very conservative - you are presenting yourself to ask people to make the biggest invest of their life so you must look the part. First you will have a phone interview, then take a personality test, business-math test, then an in-person interview with 3-4 people lasting around 45 minutes to an hour each, then an offer letter. this took around a month for me to complete this process.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to give examples of things you have improved at your previous job, how you specifically contributed to success, etc.   Answer Question
    they send you an offer letter for your base salary while you are in training. I did not negotiate becaues the training is very valuable and is kind of like going back to school. once you are promoted you are going to make a ton of money anyways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

The company recruiter was so helpful and positive. The panel questions were repetitive, and ridiculous. Also the whole process took a ridiculous amount of time. First an online application, a call to set a phone interview, then the 1 hour phone interview, then more online application, a personality and intelligence test. More online stuf...
    Then several weeks later an appointment for a 2 panel interview that lasted 2 hours and 46 mins, then a week later a call to say I would be interviewing with the head manager in the next couple of weeks.... Then I said thank you, but no thanks! To get that far took almost 2 months.
    I went around to the neighborhoods and talked to employees and two were very positive but two were leaving and several were brand new. Suggests turnover is kind of high.

Interview Questions
    • It is the last day of the month and you have not met your sales Quota. You need to sell 3 more houses that day, how will you get the next 3 people do each buy a house in an hour?   View Answer
    • You have a couple who is looking at a few homes, they don't really wnat to by any of the homes. How do you get them to choose one.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ryan Homes.

The interview process was quite in depth. I was given a personality test and then had 3 interviews. All of this was done on the same day. The first interview was with the Division Manager. I than met with one of the Sales Managers. Lastly, I was interviewed by the Regional Vice President and another Sales Manager. One of the Sales Managers called me the next day and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked "May I see your daytimer to see how you schedule your day?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation since it was straight commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan Homes in January 2012.

Applied online to their opening of a Sales and Marketing Representative. Was contacted by someone in HR to do a phone interview. Then I was asked to take an online test. I was then invited to an in-person panel interview with the division representatives at one of their communities in Florida. I was not chosen in the panel interview to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • For me, it was why my sales background was not stronger.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryan Homes in November 2011.

Prepare for behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryan Homes in April 2011.

I was referred by another employee and the process started with an Initial phone screen. That was followed up with a personality test online. I came in the following week for an in-person panel interview with 3 different managers. Mainly asked behavioral questions, made sure I was OK with working on the weekends, asked about 100% commission.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to do sales demo of an item I had with me (i.e purse) or with something in the room.   Answer Question
    Just graduating from college I did not negotiate, but I would recommend negotiating some or asking for moving expenses.