Ryan Homes Sales and Marketing Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. This was followed by a one-on-one interview. During this interview we discussed land position, availability in regard to location, sales strategies and marketing and income potential. Approximately 1 week later I was aked to complete on-line personality, math, analysis and management Testing. Upon completion of these items I was asked to complete a Drug and Background Check. The job offer was made within a month of the initial phone interview.

Interview Questions

• In your past sales experience, how did you convert a client to buy something, when you did not have what they initially requested?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ryan Homes

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Filled out initial application online, was contacted next day via email to do a phone interview. Scheduled it online with special credentials given in email to access calendar. Set it up for the following morning. The phone interview lasted a little over 30 minutes and went through a pre-planned agenda of reviewing my resume and then a battery of questions followed with the opportunity to ask questions to the interviewer at the end. Interviewer was very willing to answer questions and share information about the company. I was asked to go to level 2 of the hiring process, which was to fill out section 2 of the online application (only accessible after a successful phone interview) and to do a 2 hour online behavioral test. I just finished those items and am awaiting their response.

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest challenges with a client and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

first you submit a resume, then you take a battery of tests which takes approximately 2 hours, then if you pass, they call you anywhere from 1-3 weeks later for a 2-3 hour interview. They then wait another 1-2 weeks until they either make an offer or send the canned thanks but no thanks letter.

Interview Questions

• what would you do to drive business to the models   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes.

Interview

It's quite a lengthy process, so be patient. Started with a phone interview that was pretty in depth. Then moved to a panel interview with 4 different individuals in a 1:1 setting. Three weeks later received offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because after training period it is 100% commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Panel interview process with four managers at the local corporate office. Questions were as expected. Company is undergoing a major expansion in the Cincinnati market and are looking to hire several new sales employees. Overall a good process.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ryan Homes.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long and grueling. It began with the online application. Then i received an email from hr recruitor about a phone interview. That lasted about 30 minutes. Then i did a long on line assesment that consisted of over 300 behavioral questions, a math portion test, and several more logical tests. That took 2 hours to complete. I then received a call back almost two weeks later , even though i was told that I'd be called back in a week regardless. They set up a three panel interview to meet with managers. Each individual interview lasted almost 1 hour each. The questions were completely behavioral and very redundant. The managers would ask the same questions in different ways. After investing about ten hours of my life to this process. I received a dissapointing email of rejection .Saying that my sales experience didn't fit the experience they were looking for. They didn't even have the professionalism to tell me this over the phone. A complete joke of a process and huge waste of time.

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryan Homes.

Interview

Make sure you can speak to your past accomplishments using percentage of increase in sales from year to year. They wanted details about my salary and how much I grew from year to year. Very pleasant but in depth interview that lasted an hour. First interview was about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How did you increase sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan Homes (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

1st Lengthy phone interview went excellent! Salary, benefits, job requirements, commissions, hours, training possible start date and next step/second interview were discussed. I was really led on..... I was led on to believe I would get a second interview. I received an email (not even a phone call) that they did not plan on moving forward. It was really unprofessional because I was led on to believe would at least get a second interview. My advice to Ryan Homes is to not discuss salary, benefits and next steps until the second interview.... -or- do not post a job opportunity that is not open.....

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing about your current position and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes.

Interview

Submit resume on line - find an employee to hand carry you have a better chance on getting a phone interview Once through phone interview you will have a panel interview, then if you pass that an interview with Division Manager. May take up to six weeks to complete process. Patience is key.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pencil, Tell me a time when you had an upset customer and how did you handle, What do you do for fun ( be careful here   1 Answer

Negotiation

Start pay if you are hired as Sales and Marketing Rep in Training can be negotiated it is for 6 months to a year. I learned there was a $ 20,000 difference for the same job depending on what was negotiated. Did not make some of us very happy

Sales and Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan Homes.

Interview

I met with an manager first through referral and they encouraged me to apply. I sent my resume. Then there was a phone interview which was pretty intense. Then I had a panel interview where everyone asked a bunch of questions. Then I had to apply on line and fill out an IQ type test with math and language questions. It had SAT type questions. "This word is to that word, as this word is to ________" Then they did a full background check. I received a call from that I was hired and they were great at working with me on my hire date.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell my favorite thing to them in a role play situation. They asked me questions like, "if you had an extra $10,000 what would you do with it and why?" "Tell us about a time when you had to make an executive decision without getting approval from you supervisor"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.