Ryan, LLC

Ryan, LLC Interview Questions in Houston, TX

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

I applied via my university's job search site. Initial interview was on campus and was relatively easy. Mostly asked just fit and behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. At least a month later, I got a call from a recruiter asking if I would rather interview in Houston or Dallas. I chose Houston, and they flew me there. I had 3 interviews in their office that morning, 2 with Sales & Use Tax and one with property tax. They extended me an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiating. Was able to negotiate start date, though.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2012.

Round one interview was on campus. Had a great interviewer, asked behavioral questions. Round two interview was at the office. There was two rounds. They were more conversational then any questions. I guess they were more figuring out your personality and whether you would mesh with existing employees.

Interview Questions
    • explaina time you had to work with an bad boss? What made you determine they were bad?   View Answer

Sales and Use Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2012.

I had my compus interview. They contacted me two days later for the futher step. Then they scheduled an office visit for me. After that they conducted my backgroud check and sent me an offer letter.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in September 2011.

I applied online (twice) . The second time I was contacted to take a pre-employment assessment which consisted of some basic math, writing, and general personality questions. The assessments took about 90 minutes. I took the assessment the same day of receipt and emailed recruiter notification of completion. Recruitment team was very prompt in responding to emails. I did well on the assessments and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of regular interview questions. "What do you know about Ryan?" , etc. The phone interview went really well and the recruiter let me know right away that he wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. A few days later, I hadn't heard anything so I sent a follow-up email and I received a email inviting me to a face-to-face interview at a local office. I was told that I would meet with 3 people (30 minutes for each person). Prior to the office visit I had to complete a formal application and submit data for a background check.

At the office visit, the staff were friendly and prompt. First person I spoke with asked very basic questions about what do I know about the company, few questions about my background, and interests. All other interviewers had similar questions.

The only thing I found odd about this interview process was that the interviewers did not ask very detailed or specific questions. I felt like I was already qualified they were simply trying to get a feel for me to see if I was a good fit for the office. The weirdest thing is that I felt like I connected with each interviewer (they were engaged in my questions and we even exchanged a laugh here or there), however, I wasn't offered a job nor provided any feedback as to why. Even in my rejection letter, I was told that I was an excellent candidate.

I am still wondering what went wrong. Overall, the company seems great but I guess I would say hard to read.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in May 2010.

Initial conversation with a manager in HR. Interviews for interns led by consultants for initial round and then senior management for office visit. Similar to a super day except not nearly as exhaustive.

Interview Questions
    • No business case, not really a technical interview either. There is a fairly simple quiz to test basic math and thought process. Mostly fit above all else.   Answer Question