Ryan, LLC Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
51 interviews

2.8

Intern: Sales and Use Tax Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2011.

Ryan is by far the most thorough interviewer I have interviewed with. Ryan's interviewing process is more selective and consists of more steps than any Big Four I've interviewed with.

The process started in February when I marketed myself to a Ryan hiring rep. at my school's job fair. I then applied online for an on-campus interview with Ryan staff through my university's career services website. I received an e-mail shortly after the resume submission period ended informing me that I received a first round interview.

The first round interview was a 1:1 interview with an HR hiring manager from headquarters. Since Ryan is such a unique and young company, the rep focused on what I knew about Ryan and seemed very surprised when the rep discovered I had done my research.

I received an e-mail from the rep the next day informing me that I was being considered for a second round interview at the local Ryan branch. Before approved, I would have to complete online IQ, skills, and personality tests which would be evaluated before I could be offered a second-round interview.

I was e-mailed a week or so after I had completed and returned the tests informing me of the date, time, and itinerary of my second round interview. It consisted of lunch with a staff and senior then two 1:1 interviews with a senior and a manager.

A week later I was e-mailed about the last round of interviews which consisted of a telephone interview with a partner located in Dallas.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in May 2009.

The process began with a recruiter contacting me to set up a phone interview, which lasted about 30 to 45 minutes. She walked through my resume with me and asked me to explain the types of things I did for each organization I was involved in. After that, she asked standard questions such as "why ryan? how did you hear about us? tell me a little bit about yourself." Once that was over, she contacted me a week and a half later to set up an onsite interview. The day of the onsite interview, I took a test similar to the SAT which measured my verbal, math, and behavioral skills. If you do not pass this test, you will not be able to meet with the principal or the manager. Once you pass the test, you will first meet with the manager and then the principal, both are on a one on one basis. They explained the position more thoroughly and asked standard questions like the recruiter asked related to your resume and also things like "what is your biggest weakness? and what do you think was the biggest thing you walked away with from college?" After meeting with them, you then have to name 5 references who will take a survey about you, your skills, and your work habits. Once you enter them into the system, the company will email them the survey to fill out.

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

For me, the interviewer started off by describing the duty and responsibility of the position I applied for. He then asked about my background both in school and out school in that specific field. After he finished main points, he then went through my resume. This is phone interview, and it's just about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer did not actually ask me deeply in technical questions. Instead, he asked me in overall of what I have learned in this/that subject which will be used in the position I applied for. I think this is the main and most important question you should be best prepared to present yourself.   Answer Question

Sales and Use Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2012.

I had my compus interview. They contacted me two days later for the futher step. Then they scheduled an office visit for me. After that they conducted my backgroud check and sent me an offer letter.

Data Extraction Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2012.

Had two phone interviews, one with HR and one with hiring manager. Then got called in for the final interview with co-workers and manager. Took 2 months before a decision was made.

Interview Questions
    no, I wasn't and I would not recommend trying.

Sales and Use Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2012.

Campus interview first round. Second interview at headquarters. Several short interviews, mostly behavioral type questions. Very relaxed culture, I work with great people and enjoy working here. Interviews seemed to be conversational. Great place to work. Good incentives to work harder and move up the ladder. You must be able to perform duties and provide results without having to be baby sat.

Executive Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2014.

I was phone screened by a male recruiter in Dallas for an administrative job in their Atlanta office. I was given software tests to complete online and was invited in to interview about 7 days later. The interview was arranged by someone else in their Dallas office and she was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • I felt like I was invited in to be belittled and the interviewer kept making negative comments about my test scores and my history. All I did was turn each comment into a positive one and defend myself. Needless to say I asked to be taken out of the running. Glad he showed his true colors in the interview but it was good practice.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

I was contacted by HR after they received my application and referral. I had an initial interview a few weeks later with under management and staff. A few more weeks went by and I had another interview with upper management. It took a couple months overall. The phone conversations with HR were really magnetic and they worked around my current employment schedule. I had to take a sizeable pay cut to begin here.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell people they are wrong even if it's hard?   View Answer
    Over the phone, one call.

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2014.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter about two weeks later, we set up an interview date about three days later. I filled out some brief information before the interview date. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, then with the principal and director for another hour. The interview was very relaxed and nothing to unusual or difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals and plans during your time consulting. There were a few questions about what I wanted to do as far as my career path and I find some of these questions to be difficult since you don't want to be too forward or aggressive during the interview process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2013.

Submitted my resume at a career fair, which was then turned into HR. They called me and had a 30 minute phone interview and asked questions such as why I was interested in Ryan and why I was a good fit. They also left half of the interview for questions. At the end of the phone call they asked if I was interested in a group dinner and an office visit. I also had to take an online survey to see if I would fit into their culture. During the dinner, you meet up with current employees and other prospects. You split off into tables and eat. Then it is a night. Office visit was the following day and you tour the office, speak to employees, and sit through a presentation given by a principal. Then you have 3 interviews; one with a senior, principal, and manager. The interviews mainly consist of questions that you have for them. So prepare a lot of questions!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness?
      When was a time you finished a task late and what did you do?
        Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate with the internship position.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!