Ryan, LLC

48 candidate interviews

Sales and Use Consultant Interview

Sales and Use Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had my compus interview. They contacted me two days later for the futher step. Then they scheduled an office visit for me. After that they conducted my backgroud check and sent me an offer letter.

Interview Question – Why people climbing hill?   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Tax Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview Details – For me, the interviewer started off by describing the duty and responsibility of the position I applied for. He then asked about my background both in school and out school in that specific field. After he finished main points, he then went through my resume. This is phone interview, and it's just about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – The interviewer did not actually ask me deeply in technical questions. Instead, he asked me in overall of what I have learned in this/that subject which will be used in the position I applied for. I think this is the main and most important question you should be best prepared to present yourself.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in May 2009.

Interview Details – The process began with a recruiter contacting me to set up a phone interview, which lasted about 30 to 45 minutes. She walked through my resume with me and asked me to explain the types of things I did for each organization I was involved in. After that, she asked standard questions such as "why ryan? how did you hear about us? tell me a little bit about yourself." Once that was over, she contacted me a week and a half later to set up an onsite interview. The day of the onsite interview, I took a test similar to the SAT which measured my verbal, math, and behavioral skills. If you do not pass this test, you will not be able to meet with the principal or the manager. Once you pass the test, you will first meet with the manager and then the principal, both are on a one on one basis. They explained the position more thoroughly and asked standard questions like the recruiter asked related to your resume and also things like "what is your biggest weakness? and what do you think was the biggest thing you walked away with from college?" After meeting with them, you then have to name 5 references who will take a survey about you, your skills, and your work habits. Once you enter them into the system, the company will email them the survey to fill out.

Interview Question – What do you want to know about Ryan?   View Answer

Intern: Sales and Use Tax Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2011.

Interview Details – Ryan is by far the most thorough interviewer I have interviewed with. Ryan's interviewing process is more selective and consists of more steps than any Big Four I've interviewed with.

The process started in February when I marketed myself to a Ryan hiring rep. at my school's job fair. I then applied online for an on-campus interview with Ryan staff through my university's career services website. I received an e-mail shortly after the resume submission period ended informing me that I received a first round interview.

The first round interview was a 1:1 interview with an HR hiring manager from headquarters. Since Ryan is such a unique and young company, the rep focused on what I knew about Ryan and seemed very surprised when the rep discovered I had done my research.

I received an e-mail from the rep the next day informing me that I was being considered for a second round interview at the local Ryan branch. Before approved, I would have to complete online IQ, skills, and personality tests which would be evaluated before I could be offered a second-round interview.

I was e-mailed a week or so after I had completed and returned the tests informing me of the date, time, and itinerary of my second round interview. It consisted of lunch with a staff and senior then two 1:1 interviews with a senior and a manager.

A week later I was e-mailed about the last round of interviews which consisted of a telephone interview with a partner located in Dallas.

Interview Questions

Consultant, Property Tax Interview

Consultant, Property Tax
Detroit, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in December 2009.

Interview Details – I begain with a phone interview that lasted about an hour. I then interviewed with four people from Ryan. The entire process took about 6 hours and I was taken out to lunch. I also had to pass a skills test, background check and a personality test. I was provided an offer within two weeks from the interview.

Interview Question – There were a lot of questions regarding past experiences. Such as, describe a time when...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The offer included a signing bonus and was higher than any other offers I had received from other companies.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.

Interview Question – What are your biggest flaws?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in December 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and was contacted for a phone interview with a Recruiter, After that, I was scheduled to come in where I met with a staff level consultant, a manager, and a principal. Once it was decided that a potential offer was going to be extended, I was asked to take an assessment test and obtain recommendation surveys from past co-workers and managers. Once all this information was received, an offer was extended and I accepted.

Interview Question – N/A   View Answer

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview with a HR person from Dallas. In-house interview with 2 senior consultant, 1 manager and finally a principal. The senior consultants asked many questions regarding working in a team. The manager asked more questions regarding the resume. The principal mainly asked me to talk about myself, and answered my questions.

Interview Questions

General Campus Recruiting Interview

Athens, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2012.

Interview Details – One on one with manager + position interviewer. Figured they want to see how if you are comfortable with people in higher position. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – what's your weakness?   View Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process was facilitated by my school.The interview was laid-back- the interviewer had a set of questions that s/he had to ask, and simply jotted down some notes as we went down the list of questions. They were mainly stock questions about teamwork, leadership, strengths and weaknesses, and problem solving. Very similar to "tell me about a time when you..."

Interview Question – In what situation did you solve a problem using a technical/analytical skill?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ryan, LLC

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Ryan, LLC Videos

Ryan, LLC – Why Work for Us?

Ryan has won over 100 workplace excellence awards during the last four years, including numerous city, state, and national workplace excellence recognitions, as well as highly selective international awards and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ryan, LLC interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ryan, LLC employees and interview candidates.