Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.7

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Go online and apply for the position desired. Complete the required information. Someone from Talent Acquisition Department will contact the applicant. There will be a telephone interview and then an online test. Once the test is passed, an office interview will be set up and, if successful, an offer will be extended to the applicant.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

I first started with a phone interview with just basic behavioral questions. After that, they proceeded to explain the benefits of Ryan that moved towards an invitation to an office visit. From the office visit, I met with two principals. The interviews were mostly behavioral but were also geared towards seeing how i would fit in their culture as well as testing to see how certain I felt I was the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time that there was a process that was not working or was inefficient and explain how you dealt with the situation   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial communications were made through a career fair. I was then contacted and had an on campus interview, which later led to a networking night and a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected questions was what did you like least about your previous boss/job?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone call or on campus interview. Call back and set up in office interview. Usually interview with three management level employees, sometimes interview with consultants and senior consultants. Consultants take you out for a nice dinner the night before your interview or for a lunch the day of your interview. You take a couple tests.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Ryan acquired Property Tax Services from Thomson Reuters; I was part of the acquisition

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied via my university's job search site. Initial interview was on campus and was relatively easy. Mostly asked just fit and behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. At least a month later, I got a call from a recruiter asking if I would rather interview in Houston or Dallas. I chose Houston, and they flew me there. I had 3 interviews in their office that morning, 2 with Sales & Use Tax and one with property tax. They extended me an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiating. Was able to negotiate start date, though.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Great interview process. You interview with the team, manager and principal.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and fairly easy.

1) HR screen

They ask a few questions to check experience, coursework (if you dont have a degree in accounting they will verfiy your college hours. You need a combination of housrs in finance and accounting).

Make sure you understand why you want the position or carrer in tax consulting. They will ask.

Also do research, especially MyRyan. HR's crown jewel, definitely bring this up in a positive light during the screening. Almost gurantees a second interview, MyRyan is the cornerstone of Ryan's culture.

2) Meet with managers and Principal

Really easy interview, more of a discussion. Just be honest and be yourself, they are checking for fit. The job itself is not difficult, they want to make sure you fit the team and understand what the job requires.

The meeting witb the Principal is purely for show and really a waste of time. Just dont come across as a complete idiot and you'll be fine.

3) Not sure.

I spoke to HR, mentioned I was negotiating an offer with a different company. She asked what the offer looked like, when i told her she said there was no way Ryan would match that.

I emailed HR with my intent to accept another offer and havent heard back.

All the people I interracted wiTh at Ryan were professional, humble, and friendly. Maybe it varies by team, but I think most would be fortunate to work for a company like this.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2010.

Interview

On-campus interview and then attend office visit. Interviewed with four people in total.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

It was pretty extensive, but all parts went very smoothly. Nice to see they don't just hire anybody.

Interview Questions

• The toughest questions always involves identifying a mistake or regret in your professional life,   1 Answer