Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The process began with a recruiter contacting me to set up a phone interview, which lasted about 30 to 45 minutes. She walked through my resume with me and asked me to explain the types of things I did for each organization I was involved in. After that, she asked standard questions such as "why ryan? how did you hear about us? tell me a little bit about yourself." Once that was over, she contacted me a week and a half later to set up an onsite interview. The day of the onsite interview, I took a test similar to the SAT which measured my verbal, math, and behavioral skills. If you do not pass this test, you will not be able to meet with the principal or the manager. Once you pass the test, you will first meet with the manager and then the principal, both are on a one on one basis. They explained the position more thoroughly and asked standard questions like the recruiter asked related to your resume and also things like "what is your biggest weakness? and what do you think was the biggest thing you walked away with from college?" After meeting with them, you then have to name 5 references who will take a survey about you, your skills, and your work habits. Once you enter them into the system, the company will email them the survey to fill out.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to know about Ryan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Chicago, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

I first met with the company at my college career fair. After two weeks, I was contacted by HR department in Dallas. I had a brief - 30 minute phone interview. Standard questions. I was then brought into the local office a few weeks later and had to interview with 3 different people. Each interview was about 30 minutes long. The interviews were with a Senior Consultant, Manager and the Principal.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2010.

Interview

I had heard of the company through their recruting presence at our campus, just about every career fair they had at least one recruiter there. So naturally when it came time to start applying for jobs applied and got an on-campus interview. It was a one on one interview that consisted of a short personality test and a short ampltitude test that were to be completed the day before the interview. The interview itself was extremley short and very mudane. I can't remember the exact questions but they were very elementary, I don't really understand how they can make cuts with those type of questions. Originally, I thought I did not get an offer because it had been about 2 months since anyone at the firm had contacted me, but just last week I got an email saying that would like for me to do a phone interview so that was werid. I feel like they need to shorten this whole process because if it is this bureaucratic for the interview process, there is not telling what life in the actual firm may be like.

Intern: Sales and Use Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2011.

Interview

Ryan is by far the most thorough interviewer I have interviewed with. Ryan's interviewing process is more selective and consists of more steps than any Big Four I've interviewed with.

The process started in February when I marketed myself to a Ryan hiring rep. at my school's job fair. I then applied online for an on-campus interview with Ryan staff through my university's career services website. I received an e-mail shortly after the resume submission period ended informing me that I received a first round interview.

The first round interview was a 1:1 interview with an HR hiring manager from headquarters. Since Ryan is such a unique and young company, the rep focused on what I knew about Ryan and seemed very surprised when the rep discovered I had done my research.

I received an e-mail from the rep the next day informing me that I was being considered for a second round interview at the local Ryan branch. Before approved, I would have to complete online IQ, skills, and personality tests which would be evaluated before I could be offered a second-round interview.

I was e-mailed a week or so after I had completed and returned the tests informing me of the date, time, and itinerary of my second round interview. It consisted of lunch with a staff and senior then two 1:1 interviews with a senior and a manager.

A week later I was e-mailed about the last round of interviews which consisted of a telephone interview with a partner located in Dallas.

Business Dev Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2010.

Interview

Long, timely, and bait and switched on a change from salary to an hourly role.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online (twice) . The second time I was contacted to take a pre-employment assessment which consisted of some basic math, writing, and general personality questions. The assessments took about 90 minutes. I took the assessment the same day of receipt and emailed recruiter notification of completion. Recruitment team was very prompt in responding to emails. I did well on the assessments and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of regular interview questions. "What do you know about Ryan?" , etc. The phone interview went really well and the recruiter let me know right away that he wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. A few days later, I hadn't heard anything so I sent a follow-up email and I received a email inviting me to a face-to-face interview at a local office. I was told that I would meet with 3 people (30 minutes for each person). Prior to the office visit I had to complete a formal application and submit data for a background check.

At the office visit, the staff were friendly and prompt. First person I spoke with asked very basic questions about what do I know about the company, few questions about my background, and interests. All other interviewers had similar questions.

The only thing I found odd about this interview process was that the interviewers did not ask very detailed or specific questions. I felt like I was already qualified they were simply trying to get a feel for me to see if I was a good fit for the office. The weirdest thing is that I felt like I connected with each interviewer (they were engaged in my questions and we even exchanged a laugh here or there), however, I wasn't offered a job nor provided any feedback as to why. Even in my rejection letter, I was told that I was an excellent candidate.

I am still wondering what went wrong. Overall, the company seems great but I guess I would say hard to read.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2012.

Interview

On campus interview very easy going. Several structured questions about past experiences followed by 30 min Q&A.

Week later online personality test and IQ test. Filled out a work experience and typical application forms.

2 weeks later called back for friday interview with multiple interviewers. Asked several questions, Q&A sessions, and then lots of fit questions. Mainly seemed like they knew you were qualified and a lot of experience was if you fit in with the company.

The following monday got link to fill out references. Then background check with HireRight. Ryan was great throughout the entire process. HireRight background service is terrible. It moves extremely slow and their customer support was terrible. The background check took the longest. I worked for a law firm doing these searches while in college and it took me 2 hrs to do something that took them 9 business days. Again the background check was AWFUL but was not run by Ryan it was outsourced.

Overall great experience with Ryan so far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about the position, sent links for the personality and skills test, and followed up with me for the results. She scheduled a date for me to come in for the interview (I interviewed with three different people), and had a job offer within the week. Overall, a very straight-forward process.

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted for a phone interview with a Recruiter, After that, I was scheduled to come in where I met with a staff level consultant, a manager, and a principal. Once it was decided that a potential offer was going to be extended, I was asked to take an assessment test and obtain recommendation surveys from past co-workers and managers. Once all this information was received, an offer was extended and I accepted.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2010.

Interview

On-campus interview and then attend office visit. Interviewed with four people in total.