Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.8

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2014.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter about two weeks later, we set up an interview date about three days later. I filled out some brief information before the interview date. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, then with the principal and director for another hour. The interview was very relaxed and nothing to unusual or difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals and plans during your time consulting. There were a few questions about what I wanted to do as far as my career path and I find some of these questions to be difficult since you don't want to be too forward or aggressive during the interview process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2013.

OCR. Asked about what classes I've taken. What did I know about real estate valuation and property taxes. Not too technical, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when:
        You failed
        Were entrepreneurial
        Three strengths and weaknesses
        Answer Question
    No intern salary negotiation.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

I applied via my university's job search site. Initial interview was on campus and was relatively easy. Mostly asked just fit and behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. At least a month later, I got a call from a recruiter asking if I would rather interview in Houston or Dallas. I chose Houston, and they flew me there. I had 3 interviews in their office that morning, 2 with Sales & Use Tax and one with property tax. They extended me an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiating. Was able to negotiate start date, though.

Property Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2013.

I submitted my resume online through my university, and I was scheduled for an on campus interview session. The interview lasted around 30 minutes. I interviewed with 2 senior managers at the same time. Most of the questions were about me as a person, experiences, future goals, and getting to know me. The property tax division is very team oriented, so they focused quite a bit on getting to know me and assessing my potential fit with their team. The two people interviewing me (senior managers) had both come out of my university's real estate program and were familiar with its reputation for turning out high caliber technically proficient real estate analysts. That may be another reason the interview was light on technical questions. The interview was probably one of the most pleasant I have experienced. I was told they would make a decision withing the next couple weeks and let me know the results either way. I ended up getting a call back and the job offer the next day!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years? ( I later learned they like to hire out of the intern pool for long-term employee scenarios)   Answer Question
    The intern pay is pretty much set in place to my knowledge, but it is a very reasonable and competitive pay schedule in my opinion.

Consultant, Property Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in December 2009.

I begain with a phone interview that lasted about an hour. I then interviewed with four people from Ryan. The entire process took about 6 hours and I was taken out to lunch. I also had to pass a skills test, background check and a personality test. I was provided an offer within two weeks from the interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of questions regarding past experiences. Such as, describe a time when...   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. The offer included a signing bonus and was higher than any other offers I had received from other companies.

Senior Consultant Interview

Phone call or on campus interview. Call back and set up in office interview. Usually interview with three management level employees, sometimes interview with consultants and senior consultants. Consultants take you out for a nice dinner the night before your interview or for a lunch the day of your interview. You take a couple tests.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2012.

The hiring process is pretty lengthy. It started with an on-campus interview and I was then selected for an on-site interview. You also have to answer this bizarre questionnaire probably to see if your personality fits with the culture there. During my on-site visit they flew in students from colleges all over the state and had a dinner and the interview was next morning. I interviewed with an owner and a manager. After that it tooks quite a while to receive an offer. I actually had to pressure HR to send me an offer because they were taking too long.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the most difficult question I was asked is telling about a time when I was on a team and had to deal with conflict in the correct way. I'm not really good at answering behavioral type questions like that, which is the majority of questions that I was asked.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. I accepted the first offer I was given.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

I was contacted by phone to setup a phone interview and also to fill out a personality test. The test was fairly standard and consisted of several questions where I had to rank 10 random situations in the order of best to worst. It then took about one week until I was called in to interview with a Director and a Senior Consultant. It took another week or two to be contacted again and called in to meet with another Director and a Principal, where the Director used the results of my personality tests to ask me questions. All of the questions they asked were mostly behavioral and since this was for an entry level position I think they mostly want to see if you align well with their standards.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any questions truly difficult or unexpected, but be prepared to answer questions about the personality test in a positive light. Since no one is perfect I believe they want to see how you respond to picking out your faults.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

There was an initial phone interview. A few days later I got a call to set up an in person visit. I have 4 different meetings, very basic questions. I thought it went well but I got an email almost a month later saying that they had filled the position.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

The hiring process was very thorough from the initial phone call to the 1st day that I started work. The recruiter was very professional and presented the company very well. It started with an initial mini-phone interview and then proceeded to an in-person interview. After the initial phone interview I was required to take an extensive set of competency tests. This initial process was very timely and precise. An interview was set up within a few days of the phone interview and successfully completing the competency tests. I was sent an email with very precise information on where to park, where to enter, who to ask for upon arrival and who I would interview with during my visit. For my specific interview I met with three members of the team all during the same visit. Each person was very professional and handled the interview professionally. Once I was finished with the interview I received a call within a few days letting me know that they would like to offer me the position provided that my background, credit check and references all came back positive. It is a very extensive background and reference check process. It shows that the company is only looking for the best of the best!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain a difficult situation that I was in at a past job and how I handled that difficult situation; and if I felt that I could have done anything different that would have allowed the outcome to be more positive.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was standard. We discussed salary over three separate conversations before coming to an agreement. They are a very fair company to negotiate with.