Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.7

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview. A few days later I got a call to set up an in person visit. I have 4 different meetings, very basic questions. I thought it went well but I got an email almost a month later saying that they had filled the position.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The hiring process was very thorough from the initial phone call to the 1st day that I started work. The recruiter was very professional and presented the company very well. It started with an initial mini-phone interview and then proceeded to an in-person interview. After the initial phone interview I was required to take an extensive set of competency tests. This initial process was very timely and precise. An interview was set up within a few days of the phone interview and successfully completing the competency tests. I was sent an email with very precise information on where to park, where to enter, who to ask for upon arrival and who I would interview with during my visit. For my specific interview I met with three members of the team all during the same visit. Each person was very professional and handled the interview professionally. Once I was finished with the interview I received a call within a few days letting me know that they would like to offer me the position provided that my background, credit check and references all came back positive. It is a very extensive background and reference check process. It shows that the company is only looking for the best of the best!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a difficult situation that I was in at a past job and how I handled that difficult situation; and if I felt that I could have done anything different that would have allowed the outcome to be more positive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was standard. We discussed salary over three separate conversations before coming to an agreement. They are a very fair company to negotiate with.

Property Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through my university, and I was scheduled for an on campus interview session. The interview lasted around 30 minutes. I interviewed with 2 senior managers at the same time. Most of the questions were about me as a person, experiences, future goals, and getting to know me. The property tax division is very team oriented, so they focused quite a bit on getting to know me and assessing my potential fit with their team. The two people interviewing me (senior managers) had both come out of my university's real estate program and were familiar with its reputation for turning out high caliber technically proficient real estate analysts. That may be another reason the interview was light on technical questions. The interview was probably one of the most pleasant I have experienced. I was told they would make a decision withing the next couple weeks and let me know the results either way. I ended up getting a call back and the job offer the next day!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? ( I later learned they like to hire out of the intern pool for long-term employee scenarios)   Answer Question

Negotiation

The intern pay is pretty much set in place to my knowledge, but it is a very reasonable and competitive pay schedule in my opinion.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Initial contact to hire date took nearly 3 months! But the interviews were very comfortable and non-threatening - no trick questions or funny business. My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.

Interview Questions

• My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

OCR. Asked about what classes I've taken. What did I know about real estate valuation and property taxes. Not too technical, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when:
        You failed
        Were entrepreneurial
        Three strengths and weaknesses

Answer Question

Negotiation

No intern salary negotiation.

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial communications were made through a career fair. I was then contacted and had an on campus interview, which later led to a networking night and a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected questions was what did you like least about your previous boss/job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty lengthy. It started with an on-campus interview and I was then selected for an on-site interview. You also have to answer this bizarre questionnaire probably to see if your personality fits with the culture there. During my on-site visit they flew in students from colleges all over the state and had a dinner and the interview was next morning. I interviewed with an owner and a manager. After that it tooks quite a while to receive an offer. I actually had to pressure HR to send me an offer because they were taking too long.

Interview Questions

• Probably the most difficult question I was asked is telling about a time when I was on a team and had to deal with conflict in the correct way. I'm not really good at answering behavioral type questions like that, which is the majority of questions that I was asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. I accepted the first offer I was given.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Round one interview was on campus. Had a great interviewer, asked behavioral questions. Round two interview was at the office. There was two rounds. They were more conversational then any questions. I guess they were more figuring out your personality and whether you would mesh with existing employees.

Interview Questions

• explaina time you had to work with an bad boss? What made you determine they were bad?   1 Answer

Sales and Use Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Campus interview first round. Second interview at headquarters. Several short interviews, mostly behavioral type questions. Very relaxed culture, I work with great people and enjoy working here. Interviews seemed to be conversational. Great place to work. Good incentives to work harder and move up the ladder. You must be able to perform duties and provide results without having to be baby sat.

Data Extraction Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, one with HR and one with hiring manager. Then got called in for the final interview with co-workers and manager. Took 2 months before a decision was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no, I wasn't and I would not recommend trying.