Ryan, LLC

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2010.

The Hiring and Interview Process is a bit complex and can take several months so please have patience, it's worth the wait.

Personality/Skill Test: Ryan uses a customized test to gauge the likelihood of an applicants success within the Firm. No doubt many companies use similar tests. By "customized" I mean that Ryan has collected thousands of these test from employees over the years. With so many on file, Ryan is able to build a model profile of the ideal Ryan employee. The intent is to maximize return on investment by minimizing turn-over and employing individuals who are likely to produce results.

Interviews: Typically the interview process involves 3 conversations. First, with recruiter assigned to the geographic location for the position you are applying or the practice area. The recruiter will typically be the one who also gives the official offer when the time comes. Second, an interview with the team that you will be working with. Often over lunch. This gives the whole team a chance to get to know you and see how you fit within their group dynamic. Third, an interview with the Principal/Partner that your team reports to.

This may be modified slightly if you are introduced to the Firm as a referral. Please feel free to reach out to Ryan employees. Don't be shy about your interest to work for Ryan. But be patient.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not that difficult or unexpected, there were two that I had to think about for a moment:
      1. What position do you think you deserve to start at? Asked during the initial interview with the recruiter.
      2. There's a mall we can eat at or a Cheesecake Factory, what would you prefer? Asked during the Team interview. My first inclination was to say the mall recognizing that they were paying and I didn't want to incur a large bill, but I chose the Cheesecake Factory thinking about the importance of client service and professionalism.
        Answer Question
    Reasonable. The salary of the first offer was lower than I could accept given student loans and costs of raising a family. I respectfully asked for an additional amount and received it.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

A phone interview is conducted, meet with hiring manager. I was hired very quickly and had the best conversation with my reporting manager. Everyone at Ryan makes you feel welcome; the evironment is always professional.

Interview Questions
    • If hired besides the normal duties that accompany your position, what unique quality would you bring to this company if hired?   Answer Question
    I was extremely pleased with the package that was offered to me. Ryan is very competitive and the package met all of my needs. There was no need to negotiate.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in May 2011.

There is a personality test and phone inteview followed by an interview with a manager, consultant, and then a principal. I though the interview process was very professional and thorough.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked related to specific examples of situations where I worked in a team environment and how I dealt with other team members.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2012.

Once one has applied for a position a series of personality and mathematical tests are taken. After those tests are completed, a phone interview is scheduled. If everything is in order to this point, a sit down interview is scheduled. If everything is still in order an offer is submitted to the applying party.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me personally was, "Why tax?"   View Answer
    Since it was my first full-time job, I did not negotiate.

General Campus Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2012.

One on one with manager + position interviewer. Figured they want to see how if you are comfortable with people in higher position. Mostly behavioral questions.

Sales and Use Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2011.

The hiring process was quick and the office interview is decided very quick after completing the initial pre-screening process.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate salary, however bonuses are given, which helps.

Business Dev Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2010.

Long, timely, and bait and switched on a change from salary to an hourly role.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in September 2011.

I applied online (twice) . The second time I was contacted to take a pre-employment assessment which consisted of some basic math, writing, and general personality questions. The assessments took about 90 minutes. I took the assessment the same day of receipt and emailed recruiter notification of completion. Recruitment team was very prompt in responding to emails. I did well on the assessments and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of regular interview questions. "What do you know about Ryan?" , etc. The phone interview went really well and the recruiter let me know right away that he wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. A few days later, I hadn't heard anything so I sent a follow-up email and I received a email inviting me to a face-to-face interview at a local office. I was told that I would meet with 3 people (30 minutes for each person). Prior to the office visit I had to complete a formal application and submit data for a background check.

At the office visit, the staff were friendly and prompt. First person I spoke with asked very basic questions about what do I know about the company, few questions about my background, and interests. All other interviewers had similar questions.

The only thing I found odd about this interview process was that the interviewers did not ask very detailed or specific questions. I felt like I was already qualified they were simply trying to get a feel for me to see if I was a good fit for the office. The weirdest thing is that I felt like I connected with each interviewer (they were engaged in my questions and we even exchanged a laugh here or there), however, I wasn't offered a job nor provided any feedback as to why. Even in my rejection letter, I was told that I was an excellent candidate.

I am still wondering what went wrong. Overall, the company seems great but I guess I would say hard to read.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2012.

On campus interview very easy going. Several structured questions about past experiences followed by 30 min Q&A.

Week later online personality test and IQ test. Filled out a work experience and typical application forms.

2 weeks later called back for friday interview with multiple interviewers. Asked several questions, Q&A sessions, and then lots of fit questions. Mainly seemed like they knew you were qualified and a lot of experience was if you fit in with the company.

The following monday got link to fill out references. Then background check with HireRight. Ryan was great throughout the entire process. HireRight background service is terrible. It moves extremely slow and their customer support was terrible. The background check took the longest. I worked for a law firm doing these searches while in college and it took me 2 hrs to do something that took them 9 business days. Again the background check was AWFUL but was not run by Ryan it was outsourced.

Overall great experience with Ryan so far.

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in December 2011.

I submitted my resume and was contacted for a phone interview with a Recruiter, After that, I was scheduled to come in where I met with a staff level consultant, a manager, and a principal. Once it was decided that a potential offer was going to be extended, I was asked to take an assessment test and obtain recommendation surveys from past co-workers and managers. Once all this information was received, an offer was extended and I accepted.