Ryan, LLC Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in September 2011.

I applied online (twice) . The second time I was contacted to take a pre-employment assessment which consisted of some basic math, writing, and general personality questions. The assessments took about 90 minutes. I took the assessment the same day of receipt and emailed recruiter notification of completion. Recruitment team was very prompt in responding to emails. I did well on the assessments and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of regular interview questions. "What do you know about Ryan?" , etc. The phone interview went really well and the recruiter let me know right away that he wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. A few days later, I hadn't heard anything so I sent a follow-up email and I received a email inviting me to a face-to-face interview at a local office. I was told that I would meet with 3 people (30 minutes for each person). Prior to the office visit I had to complete a formal application and submit data for a background check.

At the office visit, the staff were friendly and prompt. First person I spoke with asked very basic questions about what do I know about the company, few questions about my background, and interests. All other interviewers had similar questions.

The only thing I found odd about this interview process was that the interviewers did not ask very detailed or specific questions. I felt like I was already qualified they were simply trying to get a feel for me to see if I was a good fit for the office. The weirdest thing is that I felt like I connected with each interviewer (they were engaged in my questions and we even exchanged a laugh here or there), however, I wasn't offered a job nor provided any feedback as to why. Even in my rejection letter, I was told that I was an excellent candidate.

I am still wondering what went wrong. Overall, the company seems great but I guess I would say hard to read.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2010.

I had heard of the company through their recruting presence at our campus, just about every career fair they had at least one recruiter there. So naturally when it came time to start applying for jobs applied and got an on-campus interview. It was a one on one interview that consisted of a short personality test and a short ampltitude test that were to be completed the day before the interview. The interview itself was extremley short and very mudane. I can't remember the exact questions but they were very elementary, I don't really understand how they can make cuts with those type of questions. Originally, I thought I did not get an offer because it had been about 2 months since anyone at the firm had contacted me, but just last week I got an email saying that would like for me to do a phone interview so that was werid. I feel like they need to shorten this whole process because if it is this bureaucratic for the interview process, there is not telling what life in the actual firm may be like.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

There was an initial phone interview. A few days later I got a call to set up an in person visit. I have 4 different meetings, very basic questions. I thought it went well but I got an email almost a month later saying that they had filled the position.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2008.

I first met with the company at my college career fair. After two weeks, I was contacted by HR department in Dallas. I had a brief - 30 minute phone interview. Standard questions. I was then brought into the local office a few weeks later and had to interview with 3 different people. Each interview was about 30 minutes long. The interviews were with a Senior Consultant, Manager and the Principal.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2013.

OCR. Asked about what classes I've taken. What did I know about real estate valuation and property taxes. Not too technical, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when:
        You failed
        Were entrepreneurial
        Three strengths and weaknesses
        Answer Question
    No intern salary negotiation.

Property Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2013.

I submitted my resume online through my university, and I was scheduled for an on campus interview session. The interview lasted around 30 minutes. I interviewed with 2 senior managers at the same time. Most of the questions were about me as a person, experiences, future goals, and getting to know me. The property tax division is very team oriented, so they focused quite a bit on getting to know me and assessing my potential fit with their team. The two people interviewing me (senior managers) had both come out of my university's real estate program and were familiar with its reputation for turning out high caliber technically proficient real estate analysts. That may be another reason the interview was light on technical questions. The interview was probably one of the most pleasant I have experienced. I was told they would make a decision withing the next couple weeks and let me know the results either way. I ended up getting a call back and the job offer the next day!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years? ( I later learned they like to hire out of the intern pool for long-term employee scenarios)   Answer Question
    The intern pay is pretty much set in place to my knowledge, but it is a very reasonable and competitive pay schedule in my opinion.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in May 2010.

Initial conversation with a manager in HR. Interviews for interns led by consultants for initial round and then senior management for office visit. Similar to a super day except not nearly as exhaustive.

Interview Questions
    • No business case, not really a technical interview either. There is a fairly simple quiz to test basic math and thought process. Mostly fit above all else.   Answer Question

Property Tax Intern Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2014.

Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Walked through my resume, asked why real estate, talked about the company and the position. Was basically a very long conversation more than an interview. Weren't any tough questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2010.

Hiring process is pretty standard for this industry. You have job interviews with 3 - 5 people at various levels. The unique aspect is the firm has you take a test which can be described as part math and part personality. I have had people fail this test who I wnated to hire so don't take it lightly.

Interview Questions
    Simple for me because they recruited me and I knew people.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2008.

The recruiting team was very welcoming and enthusiastic about the firm and that enthusiasm was contagious. While the recruitment process from beginning to end was lengthy, the recruiter and hiring authority maintained regular contact to keep me interested in the company and the role for which I applied.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see as your greatest strength and greatest weakness?   View Answer
    While the salary was not originally what I had expected, the recruiting team and hiring authority did a good job in highlighting the many benefits of the work environment and culture.