Ryan, LLC

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Getting the Interview

48 candidate interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview Details – Initial contact to hire date took nearly 3 months! But the interviews were very comfortable and non-threatening - no trick questions or funny business. My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.

Interview Question – My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone to setup a phone interview and also to fill out a personality test. The test was fairly standard and consisted of several questions where I had to rank 10 random situations in the order of best to worst. It then took about one week until I was called in to interview with a Director and a Senior Consultant. It took another week or two to be contacted again and called in to meet with another Director and a Principal, where the Director used the results of my personality tests to ask me questions. All of the questions they asked were mostly behavioral and since this was for an entry level position I think they mostly want to see if you align well with their standards.

Interview Question – I didn't find any questions truly difficult or unexpected, but be prepared to answer questions about the personality test in a positive light. Since no one is perfect I believe they want to see how you respond to picking out your faults.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2008.

Interview Details – I first met with the company at my college career fair. After two weeks, I was contacted by HR department in Dallas. I had a brief - 30 minute phone interview. Standard questions. I was then brought into the local office a few weeks later and had to interview with 3 different people. Each interview was about 30 minutes long. The interviews were with a Senior Consultant, Manager and the Principal.

Interview Questions

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had heard of the company through their recruting presence at our campus, just about every career fair they had at least one recruiter there. So naturally when it came time to start applying for jobs applied and got an on-campus interview. It was a one on one interview that consisted of a short personality test and a short ampltitude test that were to be completed the day before the interview. The interview itself was extremley short and very mudane. I can't remember the exact questions but they were very elementary, I don't really understand how they can make cuts with those type of questions. Originally, I thought I did not get an offer because it had been about 2 months since anyone at the firm had contacted me, but just last week I got an email saying that would like for me to do a phone interview so that was werid. I feel like they need to shorten this whole process because if it is this bureaucratic for the interview process, there is not telling what life in the actual firm may be like.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview. A few days later I got a call to set up an in person visit. I have 4 different meetings, very basic questions. I thought it went well but I got an email almost a month later saying that they had filled the position.

Interview Question – Where do you do you see yourself in 5 years\?   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial conversation with a manager in HR. Interviews for interns led by consultants for initial round and then senior management for office visit. Similar to a super day except not nearly as exhaustive.

Interview Question – No business case, not really a technical interview either. There is a fairly simple quiz to test basic math and thought process. Mostly fit above all else.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2008.

Interview Details – The recruiting team was very welcoming and enthusiastic about the firm and that enthusiasm was contagious. While the recruitment process from beginning to end was lengthy, the recruiter and hiring authority maintained regular contact to keep me interested in the company and the role for which I applied.

Interview Question – What do you see as your greatest strength and greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – While the salary was not originally what I had expected, the recruiting team and hiring authority did a good job in highlighting the many benefits of the work environment and culture.

Property Tax Intern Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2014.

Interview Details – Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.

Interview Question – Walked through my resume, asked why real estate, talked about the company and the position. Was basically a very long conversation more than an interview. Weren't any tough questions.   Answer Question

Property Tax Intern Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online through my university, and I was scheduled for an on campus interview session. The interview lasted around 30 minutes. I interviewed with 2 senior managers at the same time. Most of the questions were about me as a person, experiences, future goals, and getting to know me. The property tax division is very team oriented, so they focused quite a bit on getting to know me and assessing my potential fit with their team. The two people interviewing me (senior managers) had both come out of my university's real estate program and were familiar with its reputation for turning out high caliber technically proficient real estate analysts. That may be another reason the interview was light on technical questions. The interview was probably one of the most pleasant I have experienced. I was told they would make a decision withing the next couple weeks and let me know the results either way. I ended up getting a call back and the job offer the next day!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years? ( I later learned they like to hire out of the intern pool for long-term employee scenarios)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The intern pay is pretty much set in place to my knowledge, but it is a very reasonable and competitive pay schedule in my opinion.

Very Easy Interview

Consultant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2010.

Interview Details – On-campus interview and then attend office visit. Interviewed with four people in total.

Interview Question – i don't recall any difficult questions.   Answer Question