Ryan, LLC

2.7

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in September 2011.

I applied online (twice) . The second time I was contacted to take a pre-employment assessment which consisted of some basic math, writing, and general personality questions. The assessments took about 90 minutes. I took the assessment the same day of receipt and emailed recruiter notification of completion. Recruitment team was very prompt in responding to emails. I did well on the assessments and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of regular interview questions. "What do you know about Ryan?" , etc. The phone interview went really well and the recruiter let me know right away that he wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. A few days later, I hadn't heard anything so I sent a follow-up email and I received a email inviting me to a face-to-face interview at a local office. I was told that I would meet with 3 people (30 minutes for each person). Prior to the office visit I had to complete a formal application and submit data for a background check.

At the office visit, the staff were friendly and prompt. First person I spoke with asked very basic questions about what do I know about the company, few questions about my background, and interests. All other interviewers had similar questions.

The only thing I found odd about this interview process was that the interviewers did not ask very detailed or specific questions. I felt like I was already qualified they were simply trying to get a feel for me to see if I was a good fit for the office. The weirdest thing is that I felt like I connected with each interviewer (they were engaged in my questions and we even exchanged a laugh here or there), however, I wasn't offered a job nor provided any feedback as to why. Even in my rejection letter, I was told that I was an excellent candidate.

I am still wondering what went wrong. Overall, the company seems great but I guess I would say hard to read.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2012.

On campus interview very easy going. Several structured questions about past experiences followed by 30 min Q&A.

Week later online personality test and IQ test. Filled out a work experience and typical application forms.

2 weeks later called back for friday interview with multiple interviewers. Asked several questions, Q&A sessions, and then lots of fit questions. Mainly seemed like they knew you were qualified and a lot of experience was if you fit in with the company.

The following monday got link to fill out references. Then background check with HireRight. Ryan was great throughout the entire process. HireRight background service is terrible. It moves extremely slow and their customer support was terrible. The background check took the longest. I worked for a law firm doing these searches while in college and it took me 2 hrs to do something that took them 9 business days. Again the background check was AWFUL but was not run by Ryan it was outsourced.

Overall great experience with Ryan so far.

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in December 2011.

I submitted my resume and was contacted for a phone interview with a Recruiter, After that, I was scheduled to come in where I met with a staff level consultant, a manager, and a principal. Once it was decided that a potential offer was going to be extended, I was asked to take an assessment test and obtain recommendation surveys from past co-workers and managers. Once all this information was received, an offer was extended and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2011.

A recruiter contacted me about the position, sent links for the personality and skills test, and followed up with me for the results. She scheduled a date for me to come in for the interview (I interviewed with three different people), and had a job offer within the week. Overall, a very straight-forward process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2008.

I first met with the company at my college career fair. After two weeks, I was contacted by HR department in Dallas. I had a brief - 30 minute phone interview. Standard questions. I was then brought into the local office a few weeks later and had to interview with 3 different people. Each interview was about 30 minutes long. The interviews were with a Senior Consultant, Manager and the Principal.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2010.

I had heard of the company through their recruting presence at our campus, just about every career fair they had at least one recruiter there. So naturally when it came time to start applying for jobs applied and got an on-campus interview. It was a one on one interview that consisted of a short personality test and a short ampltitude test that were to be completed the day before the interview. The interview itself was extremley short and very mudane. I can't remember the exact questions but they were very elementary, I don't really understand how they can make cuts with those type of questions. Originally, I thought I did not get an offer because it had been about 2 months since anyone at the firm had contacted me, but just last week I got an email saying that would like for me to do a phone interview so that was werid. I feel like they need to shorten this whole process because if it is this bureaucratic for the interview process, there is not telling what life in the actual firm may be like.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2010.

Hiring process is pretty standard for this industry. You have job interviews with 3 - 5 people at various levels. The unique aspect is the firm has you take a test which can be described as part math and part personality. I have had people fail this test who I wnated to hire so don't take it lightly.

Interview Questions
    Simple for me because they recruited me and I knew people.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2008.

The recruiting team was very welcoming and enthusiastic about the firm and that enthusiasm was contagious. While the recruitment process from beginning to end was lengthy, the recruiter and hiring authority maintained regular contact to keep me interested in the company and the role for which I applied.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see as your greatest strength and greatest weakness?   View Answer
    While the salary was not originally what I had expected, the recruiting team and hiring authority did a good job in highlighting the many benefits of the work environment and culture.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Initial contact to hire date took nearly 3 months! But the interviews were very comfortable and non-threatening - no trick questions or funny business. My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.

Interview Questions
    • My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2013.

OCR. Asked about what classes I've taken. What did I know about real estate valuation and property taxes. Not too technical, mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when:
        You failed
        Were entrepreneurial
        Three strengths and weaknesses

Answer Question
    No intern salary negotiation.