Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The hiring process was very thorough from the initial phone call to the 1st day that I started work. The recruiter was very professional and presented the company very well. It started with an initial mini-phone interview and then proceeded to an in-person interview. After the initial phone interview I was required to take an extensive set of competency tests. This initial process was very timely and precise. An interview was set up within a few days of the phone interview and successfully completing the competency tests. I was sent an email with very precise information on where to park, where to enter, who to ask for upon arrival and who I would interview with during my visit. For my specific interview I met with three members of the team all during the same visit. Each person was very professional and handled the interview professionally. Once I was finished with the interview I received a call within a few days letting me know that they would like to offer me the position provided that my background, credit check and references all came back positive. It is a very extensive background and reference check process. It shows that the company is only looking for the best of the best!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a difficult situation that I was in at a past job and how I handled that difficult situation; and if I felt that I could have done anything different that would have allowed the outcome to be more positive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was standard. We discussed salary over three separate conversations before coming to an agreement. They are a very fair company to negotiate with.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2014.

Interview

I was phone screened by a male recruiter in Dallas for an administrative job in their Atlanta office. I was given software tests to complete online and was invited in to interview about 7 days later. The interview was arranged by someone else in their Dallas office and she was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions

• I felt like I was invited in to be belittled and the interviewer kept making negative comments about my test scores and my history. All I did was turn each comment into a positive one and defend myself. Needless to say I asked to be taken out of the running. Glad he showed his true colors in the interview but it was good practice.   Answer Question

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The whole process was facilitated by my school.The interview was laid-back- the interviewer had a set of questions that s/he had to ask, and simply jotted down some notes as we went down the list of questions. They were mainly stock questions about teamwork, leadership, strengths and weaknesses, and problem solving. Very similar to "tell me about a time when you..."

Interview Questions

• In what situation did you solve a problem using a technical/analytical skill?   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Applied online and received a prompt response for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received an offer to come visit the office which was a great experience. I met with a total of 4 people, (1 director, 2 managers, and 1 team lead). It was a wonderful experience! Afterwards, I had a phone call with a principal which lasted about 15 minutes and was given an offer about 2 weeks after. The process lasted approx 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficulties, mainly probed your interest to see if you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.

Sales and Use Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Campus interview first round. Second interview at headquarters. Several short interviews, mostly behavioral type questions. Very relaxed culture, I work with great people and enjoy working here. Interviews seemed to be conversational. Great place to work. Good incentives to work harder and move up the ladder. You must be able to perform duties and provide results without having to be baby sat.

Consultant, Property Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Detroit, MI) in December 2009.

Interview

I begain with a phone interview that lasted about an hour. I then interviewed with four people from Ryan. The entire process took about 6 hours and I was taken out to lunch. I also had to pass a skills test, background check and a personality test. I was provided an offer within two weeks from the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions regarding past experiences. Such as, describe a time when...   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer included a signing bonus and was higher than any other offers I had received from other companies.

Specialist, Client Services Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The interview occurred in one day - one group interview including Principal, Manager, and Director. It lasted for 45 minutes, but was scheduled for one hour and a half. The Principal gave an overview of the company, the reason for the position, and the general expectations of the role of a Client Services Specialist. They advised they would make a decision very rapidly. I received feedback about an offer within several days.

Property Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC (Tallahassee, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

It was casual, it was an on campus interview. Lasted no more than 30 minutes. They told me what the company was about and what I would be doing. They asked a few questions about my resume about majors I am pursuing as well as community service. There was no situation based question, it was all very straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What kind of community service have you performed over the last year?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to setup a phone interview and also to fill out a personality test. The test was fairly standard and consisted of several questions where I had to rank 10 random situations in the order of best to worst. It then took about one week until I was called in to interview with a Director and a Senior Consultant. It took another week or two to be contacted again and called in to meet with another Director and a Principal, where the Director used the results of my personality tests to ask me questions. All of the questions they asked were mostly behavioral and since this was for an entry level position I think they mostly want to see if you align well with their standards.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any questions truly difficult or unexpected, but be prepared to answer questions about the personality test in a positive light. Since no one is perfect I believe they want to see how you respond to picking out your faults.   Answer Question