Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.8

Sales and Use Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2012.

Campus interview first round. Second interview at headquarters. Several short interviews, mostly behavioral type questions. Very relaxed culture, I work with great people and enjoy working here. Interviews seemed to be conversational. Great place to work. Good incentives to work harder and move up the ladder. You must be able to perform duties and provide results without having to be baby sat.

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2014.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter about two weeks later, we set up an interview date about three days later. I filled out some brief information before the interview date. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, then with the principal and director for another hour. The interview was very relaxed and nothing to unusual or difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals and plans during your time consulting. There were a few questions about what I wanted to do as far as my career path and I find some of these questions to be difficult since you don't want to be too forward or aggressive during the interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2013.

Submitted my resume at a career fair, which was then turned into HR. They called me and had a 30 minute phone interview and asked questions such as why I was interested in Ryan and why I was a good fit. They also left half of the interview for questions. At the end of the phone call they asked if I was interested in a group dinner and an office visit. I also had to take an online survey to see if I would fit into their culture. During the dinner, you meet up with current employees and other prospects. You split off into tables and eat. Then it is a night. Office visit was the following day and you tour the office, speak to employees, and sit through a presentation given by a principal. Then you have 3 interviews; one with a senior, principal, and manager. The interviews mainly consist of questions that you have for them. So prepare a lot of questions!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness?
      When was a time you finished a task late and what did you do?
        Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate with the internship position.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

The hiring process was very thorough from the initial phone call to the 1st day that I started work. The recruiter was very professional and presented the company very well. It started with an initial mini-phone interview and then proceeded to an in-person interview. After the initial phone interview I was required to take an extensive set of competency tests. This initial process was very timely and precise. An interview was set up within a few days of the phone interview and successfully completing the competency tests. I was sent an email with very precise information on where to park, where to enter, who to ask for upon arrival and who I would interview with during my visit. For my specific interview I met with three members of the team all during the same visit. Each person was very professional and handled the interview professionally. Once I was finished with the interview I received a call within a few days letting me know that they would like to offer me the position provided that my background, credit check and references all came back positive. It is a very extensive background and reference check process. It shows that the company is only looking for the best of the best!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain a difficult situation that I was in at a past job and how I handled that difficult situation; and if I felt that I could have done anything different that would have allowed the outcome to be more positive.   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was standard. We discussed salary over three separate conversations before coming to an agreement. They are a very fair company to negotiate with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2012.

Round one interview was on campus. Had a great interviewer, asked behavioral questions. Round two interview was at the office. There was two rounds. They were more conversational then any questions. I guess they were more figuring out your personality and whether you would mesh with existing employees.

Interview Questions
    • explaina time you had to work with an bad boss? What made you determine they were bad?   View Answer

General Campus Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2012.

One on one with manager + position interviewer. Figured they want to see how if you are comfortable with people in higher position. Mostly behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in September 2012.

Interviewed on campus. The interview consisted of behavioral questions. Many were asked in a condescending and uninterested way. I was told that I would be hearing back in 6-8 weeks. Three months later, I have not been contacted. I also spoke to many other interviewees who have not heard back.

Business Dev Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2010.

Long, timely, and bait and switched on a change from salary to an hourly role.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2012.

On campus interview very easy going. Several structured questions about past experiences followed by 30 min Q&A.

Week later online personality test and IQ test. Filled out a work experience and typical application forms.

2 weeks later called back for friday interview with multiple interviewers. Asked several questions, Q&A sessions, and then lots of fit questions. Mainly seemed like they knew you were qualified and a lot of experience was if you fit in with the company.

The following monday got link to fill out references. Then background check with HireRight. Ryan was great throughout the entire process. HireRight background service is terrible. It moves extremely slow and their customer support was terrible. The background check took the longest. I worked for a law firm doing these searches while in college and it took me 2 hrs to do something that took them 9 business days. Again the background check was AWFUL but was not run by Ryan it was outsourced.

Overall great experience with Ryan so far.

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in December 2011.

I submitted my resume and was contacted for a phone interview with a Recruiter, After that, I was scheduled to come in where I met with a staff level consultant, a manager, and a principal. Once it was decided that a potential offer was going to be extended, I was asked to take an assessment test and obtain recommendation surveys from past co-workers and managers. Once all this information was received, an offer was extended and I accepted.