Ryan, LLC

51 candidate interviews

Intern Interview

Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume at a career fair, which was then turned into HR. They called me and had a 30 minute phone interview and asked questions such as why I was interested in Ryan and why I was a good fit. They also left half of the interview for questions. At the end of the phone call they asked if I was interested in a group dinner and an office visit. I also had to take an online survey to see if I would fit into their culture. During the dinner, you meet up with current employees and other prospects. You split off into tables and eat. Then it is a night. Office visit was the following day and you tour the office, speak to employees, and sit through a presentation given by a principal. Then you have 3 interviews; one with a senior, principal, and manager. The interviews mainly consist of questions that you have for them. So prepare a lot of questions!

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?
When was a time you finished a task late and what did you do?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate with the internship position.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process was facilitated by my school.The interview was laid-back- the interviewer had a set of questions that s/he had to ask, and simply jotted down some notes as we went down the list of questions. They were mainly stock questions about teamwork, leadership, strengths and weaknesses, and problem solving. Very similar to "tell me about a time when you..."

Interview Question – In what situation did you solve a problem using a technical/analytical skill?   Answer Question

Sales and Use Consultant Interview

Sales and Use Consultant
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quick and the office interview is decided very quick after completing the initial pre-screening process.

Interview Question – What is your favorite class?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate salary, however bonuses are given, which helps.

Business Dev Interview

Business Dev

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2010.

Interview Details – Long, timely, and bait and switched on a change from salary to an hourly role.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for work?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online (twice) . The second time I was contacted to take a pre-employment assessment which consisted of some basic math, writing, and general personality questions. The assessments took about 90 minutes. I took the assessment the same day of receipt and emailed recruiter notification of completion. Recruitment team was very prompt in responding to emails. I did well on the assessments and was invited to a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of regular interview questions. "What do you know about Ryan?" , etc. The phone interview went really well and the recruiter let me know right away that he wanted to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. A few days later, I hadn't heard anything so I sent a follow-up email and I received a email inviting me to a face-to-face interview at a local office. I was told that I would meet with 3 people (30 minutes for each person). Prior to the office visit I had to complete a formal application and submit data for a background check.

At the office visit, the staff were friendly and prompt. First person I spoke with asked very basic questions about what do I know about the company, few questions about my background, and interests. All other interviewers had similar questions.

The only thing I found odd about this interview process was that the interviewers did not ask very detailed or specific questions. I felt like I was already qualified they were simply trying to get a feel for me to see if I was a good fit for the office. The weirdest thing is that I felt like I connected with each interviewer (they were engaged in my questions and we even exchanged a laugh here or there), however, I wasn't offered a job nor provided any feedback as to why. Even in my rejection letter, I was told that I was an excellent candidate.

I am still wondering what went wrong. Overall, the company seems great but I guess I would say hard to read.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview very easy going. Several structured questions about past experiences followed by 30 min Q&A.

Week later online personality test and IQ test. Filled out a work experience and typical application forms.

2 weeks later called back for friday interview with multiple interviewers. Asked several questions, Q&A sessions, and then lots of fit questions. Mainly seemed like they knew you were qualified and a lot of experience was if you fit in with the company.

The following monday got link to fill out references. Then background check with HireRight. Ryan was great throughout the entire process. HireRight background service is terrible. It moves extremely slow and their customer support was terrible. The background check took the longest. I worked for a law firm doing these searches while in college and it took me 2 hrs to do something that took them 9 business days. Again the background check was AWFUL but was not run by Ryan it was outsourced.

Overall great experience with Ryan so far.

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in December 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and was contacted for a phone interview with a Recruiter, After that, I was scheduled to come in where I met with a staff level consultant, a manager, and a principal. Once it was decided that a potential offer was going to be extended, I was asked to take an assessment test and obtain recommendation surveys from past co-workers and managers. Once all this information was received, an offer was extended and I accepted.

Interview Question – N/A   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me about the position, sent links for the personality and skills test, and followed up with me for the results. She scheduled a date for me to come in for the interview (I interviewed with three different people), and had a job offer within the week. Overall, a very straight-forward process.

Interview Question – What exactly interests you about tax?   Answer Question

Sales and Use Consultant Interview

Sales and Use Consultant
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online on a whim, not knowing much about the company. Each step of the process took several days due to scheduling conflicts, but overall it maintained a steady pace from beginning to end. I was usually informed on the time frame before the next step would take place (i.e. "we will get back to you within 2 weeks").
  Overall, it was a fairly standard interview timeframe and experience, compared to the other firms I was interviewing with at the time.

Interview Question – Describe a time when. . .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little, but it is an entry level position.

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Senior Consultant, Sales and Use Tax

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview with a HR person from Dallas. In-house interview with 2 senior consultant, 1 manager and finally a principal. The senior consultants asked many questions regarding working in a team. The manager asked more questions regarding the resume. The principal mainly asked me to talk about myself, and answered my questions.