Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to setup a phone interview and also to fill out a personality test. The test was fairly standard and consisted of several questions where I had to rank 10 random situations in the order of best to worst. It then took about one week until I was called in to interview with a Director and a Senior Consultant. It took another week or two to be contacted again and called in to meet with another Director and a Principal, where the Director used the results of my personality tests to ask me questions. All of the questions they asked were mostly behavioral and since this was for an entry level position I think they mostly want to see if you align well with their standards.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any questions truly difficult or unexpected, but be prepared to answer questions about the personality test in a positive light. Since no one is perfect I believe they want to see how you respond to picking out your faults.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview. A few days later I got a call to set up an in person visit. I have 4 different meetings, very basic questions. I thought it went well but I got an email almost a month later saying that they had filled the position.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

The hiring process was very thorough from the initial phone call to the 1st day that I started work. The recruiter was very professional and presented the company very well. It started with an initial mini-phone interview and then proceeded to an in-person interview. After the initial phone interview I was required to take an extensive set of competency tests. This initial process was very timely and precise. An interview was set up within a few days of the phone interview and successfully completing the competency tests. I was sent an email with very precise information on where to park, where to enter, who to ask for upon arrival and who I would interview with during my visit. For my specific interview I met with three members of the team all during the same visit. Each person was very professional and handled the interview professionally. Once I was finished with the interview I received a call within a few days letting me know that they would like to offer me the position provided that my background, credit check and references all came back positive. It is a very extensive background and reference check process. It shows that the company is only looking for the best of the best!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a difficult situation that I was in at a past job and how I handled that difficult situation; and if I felt that I could have done anything different that would have allowed the outcome to be more positive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was standard. We discussed salary over three separate conversations before coming to an agreement. They are a very fair company to negotiate with.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

Initial contact to hire date took nearly 3 months! But the interviews were very comfortable and non-threatening - no trick questions or funny business. My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.

Interview Questions

• My interviews questions were primarily about attitude and experience. If you have the appropriate degree for the position and a positive attitude, you can learn/be taught everything Ryan needs you to do get started.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial communications were made through a career fair. I was then contacted and had an on campus interview, which later led to a networking night and a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected questions was what did you like least about your previous boss/job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. The interview consisted of behavioral questions. Many were asked in a condescending and uninterested way. I was told that I would be hearing back in 6-8 weeks. Three months later, I have not been contacted. I also spoke to many other interviewees who have not heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Round one interview was on campus. Had a great interviewer, asked behavioral questions. Round two interview was at the office. There was two rounds. They were more conversational then any questions. I guess they were more figuring out your personality and whether you would mesh with existing employees.

Interview Questions

• explaina time you had to work with an bad boss? What made you determine they were bad?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview

I first started with a phone interview with just basic behavioral questions. After that, they proceeded to explain the benefits of Ryan that moved towards an invitation to an office visit. From the office visit, I met with two principals. The interviews were mostly behavioral but were also geared towards seeing how i would fit in their culture as well as testing to see how certain I felt I was the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time that there was a process that was not working or was inefficient and explain how you dealt with the situation   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (San Francisco, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

The recruiting team was very welcoming and enthusiastic about the firm and that enthusiasm was contagious. While the recruitment process from beginning to end was lengthy, the recruiter and hiring authority maintained regular contact to keep me interested in the company and the role for which I applied.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as your greatest strength and greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

While the salary was not originally what I had expected, the recruiting team and hiring authority did a good job in highlighting the many benefits of the work environment and culture.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is pretty standard for this industry. You have job interviews with 3 - 5 people at various levels. The unique aspect is the firm has you take a test which can be described as part math and part personality. I have had people fail this test who I wnated to hire so don't take it lightly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple for me because they recruited me and I knew people.