Ryan's

1.4

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ryan's in August 2014.

Answered a craigslist offer, got called in, had a ten minute personal interview, filled out an online questionnaire, was employed. No employer's interest in personal history, educational background. No offer to ask questions about the company. The company's representant gave false testimony about when and how the payment would occur. Ryan's is obviously not at all interested in the personality of its employees. After being employed, suggestions about communication structures and organization of the workplace remained unnoticed.

There was no negotiation. Take it, or leave it.

Cashier, Baker, and Line Serverr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ryan's in May 2014.

Saw that they had open interviews on a Tuesday. Went dressed business casual. The GM interviewed me and he would ask questions to try to gauge who I was as a person. Nothing too personal. For example he asked if I had any experience in restaurant work. I replied yes and from there it seemed like a normal conversation not a interview. Just be smart and don't get too comfortable and forget it's a interview.

Interview Questions
    They said their starting pay was 7.50 and that they would try to see if they could give me a nickle more since I originally asked for $8. I will see if they keep their word when I go for orientation. Not much room to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ryan's in August 2013.

The manager was extremely rude. I told him my name when I first got there then he told me to sit down he came back and said a completely wrong name it was not anywhere close to my name. He did not seem into the conversation at all and like he wasn't even going to bother getting to know me at all. It was a complete waste of time, I don't know if I got the job or not but I highly doubt it nor do I want to work for a manager who is so rude. He seemed nice when I got the application but made no eye contact and was resting his hand on his face and didn't care at all during the interview. It was very short and wasted gas just driving to the place (except that I had another interview that day that went better) Don't waste your time and I don't think I would ever eat there either.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected I basically had to ask all the questions because he had no care in the world   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online – interviewed at Ryan's.

Oline app. Regular management inter view. Answer personality question like they are true false, in the extremes of agree or disagree.
    Hold out for better pay.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you. Sell yourselfand remember they need do not need you. So show them that they are wrong and that you have a lot to offer them.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ryan's in July 2011.

I had heard from the manager that they were in need of servers, so I walked in with a positive attitude and dressed in business casual attire. A woman who was just hired was in a tank top, capris, and flip flops. So I knew I had better presentation then she did. I sat down with the manager and she looked over my application and asked about my restaurant experience. I told her I had worked for full service restaurants in the past. Described my duties. She briefly explained the jobs atmosphere and then with a big smile offered me a job. Dress appropriately, wear your biggest smile, and talk about any experience youve had in the industry! Good luck!

Non negotiable