Ryanair Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.2

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ryanair in January 2015.

Half a day, presentation, english test and a personal interview. Make sure you have a 1 page resume, in the style that they require. I did get an offer but didn't accept since the pay is really bad

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be cabin crew?
      How did you solve a difficult situation at work?

Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryanair in November 2014.

I was applying for a management position at their head quarters in Dublin. I had a phone interview with HR lady a few weeks later (even though I made myself available while abroad on holiday). I was also expecting the hiring manager to be in the call who never showed up, which I ended up answering generic basic questions rather than ones pertaining to the job, team structure etc.
    A few days later, I was invited to face to face interview with the hiring manager. They were nice enough to fly me from Manchester to Dublin (at their cost) and the logistics were a smooth process. The interview was straight forward. General HR and competency based questions, but I realised that either 1) Management had no idea what kind of candidate they wanted to hire its 2) They were also trying to run veggie they could walk. RyanAir hadn't fixed very basic issues and processes but has lofty goals based on market buzzwords and want to jump in on it (without clearly understanding, it having infrastructure to sort) it.

First Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stansted, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Stansted, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryanair.

Database subscription, documentation and licenses request, invitation to London Stansted simulator center in about 15 days. At the assesment: group briefing, interview and simulation of a flight (following the briefing previosly sent). Basic flight procedures (one engine out for candidates wit a 737 mcc)

Java Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryanair in May 2014.

One on sight technical multiple choice exam. Pretty normal Java core questions, some of them tricky. Those were about the use of data structures, equals and hash code, threads. A couple of Spring as well.
    Second technical interview with one of the Java Senior developers. Really nice guy, again ping pong of technical questions on Java core, then some about Spring AOP, Maven, git. Nothing really complicated.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected one, what is the difference between SVN and GIT. Is not that I didn't know the answer, but my mind went blank.   Answer Question

Didn't offered what I was asking for. Also, it seemed to me by the interview with HR they work under pressure and change the requirements during the Sprint.

Cabin Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryanair.

Starts with the company presentation and the career expectations after that a very basic english test and to finish a final interview, Only one full day !

Interview Questions
    • Just the fact that when you accept you have no idea in which country you will be based. No difficult questions in general.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Website Optimization Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryanair in February 2014.

I applied online for the Open Day and was shortlisted. During the Open Day, I had the first interview with the HR manager. A week later I was called for a 1:1 interview.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ryanair in June 2010.

You have to apply online and you choose where do you want to have the interview (they have on the website of the company who is hiring people for the airline). On the day of interview when you get there you have to sign form that you are attending the interview. Than they will give you overall information about the job and the company. Than you will do skill test for english, you will have to fill health questionaire and than you have interview with one of the people who are hiring for the job. Than they will tell you that they will give you an answer through email. And I don't know now how long till they will give you an answer.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe for me the most difficult question was if I am flexible to be allocated on the base they will choose. In the interview form of I don't know how is it called now you can choose where do you want to be based. But they will still ask you this question and at the moment you actually not sure especially if it's somebody's first job.   View Answer
    When I got the offer I was excited that I have a job. You can than choose where do you want to have the course for the job. That's pretty good thing, the course can be even in your city so it's good thing. I would give advice to everyone first think carefully if you really want the job. If you think you have what it takes to do this job.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ryanair in November 2008.

very easy you only need to know english.

Interview Questions
    • my interview was very easy as I only had to have a small conversation with one of the selectors, but I heard that now they have a written test in english.   Answer Question
    didn't have