Ryder System Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houma, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ryder System in August 2014.

Applied online and was called the next day by a recruiter for an interview with local management.

Interview went really well. Management is focused on safety and your desire to stay long term.

As they were changing their hiring process, I immediately was taken on an extended 1 & 1/2 hour road test followed by a week of computer training. After that training lasts 2 weeks with an experienced driver to learn local operations.

Interview Questions
    • Have you driven flatbed in the oil and gas industry before?   Answer Question
    Every driver is paid the same. No negotiation.

Finance Manager Interview

Found the posting on linked in, applied via the company website. Received an email/phone call from the recruiter out of Florida HQ a few weeks later requesting a resume and salary expectation. Received an automated email that I had not been selected to move forward in the application process. Recruiter followed up with me a month later requesting to come in for an interview. Declined the request.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryder System.

Communication was ok. It took a long tie for the recruiter to contact me back. After the Interview communication picked up. While the recruiter was insightful, not very attentive. Communication with the Hiring managers was great.

Really no negotiation phase. Terms were set, no negotiation.

Field Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in March 2014.

I applied online, and was contacted by a company recruiter at one of the regional offices who set up the initial phone screen. The individual I spoke with on the initial phone screen was pleasant and professional. She gave me an overview of the role, and asked me questions about my prior roles. After about a week, she set me up with an in-person interview with the HR Director.

The interview with the HR Director was "interesting" to say the very least. This individual was playing with their mobile phone a few times during the interview and allowed several people to interrupt the interview for relatively trivial matters. The individual started discussing their rough week they had experienced and complaining about difficult employees so I listened and tried to offer helpful suggestions. I mean, what else could I do. Wow. The person did finally ask a few questions in the 'interview' as it was. It has been 4 weeks now, and I have not heard back from them. I sent my thank-you email and have called back twice so I am assuming that I did not get the position. From the way the interview went, it is probably just as well that I do not get the position :(

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the most complex project that you have completed from start to finish.   View Answer

OMC Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryder System.

You will first be contacted by phone for an HR hiring rep that will ask question in regards to your background to assure you are you. They will then inform you that you have an interview and set up the time and date. They will already have your resume but always bring it. You will enter into the office and talk to the security guard be sure to remember the name of the person you are interviewing with the guard will call and you will then be advised to wait and someone will come and ge you shortly. During this time take time to relax and control your thoughts. You will be ushered into a room usually a conference room or and small meeting room it will either be one on one or a group interveiw. After the interview there will be either a phone call or an email sent to you if you get the email you did not get the job if you get a call you got it this usually takes about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Rememder difficult issues you have had to resolve they more than likely will ask about it. Know details and remember if it is a group interview make eye contact with everyone while talking.   View Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryder System.

I met with multiple managers, only one of which was technical. So most of it was conversational. They seemed to be looking more at my character than my qualifications, or they were at least willing to take my technical qualifications at face value. They took me on full-time, but after that all new-hires were contract-for-hire. The technical interview process I developed while there was much more stringent, and focused on your thought process and problem-solving skills.

Interview Questions
    • When I interviewed, the technical portion was very basic, and required only a rudimentary understanding of web technologies. When I left, the technical questions:
      1. Confirmed that you had at least some basic experience with the language and tools, and
      2. Really focused on your analytical and problem-solving skills.
        Answer Question
    I didn't get the impression there was a lot of room for negotiation, but I thought it was a satisfactory offer.

Customer Logistics Supervisor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in March 2013.

Worked as clerk and hiring manager decided to promote me to assist 2nd shift. I had a phone interview with a recruiter first then an interview with my boss and a senior manager. They asked some tough questions but I've had harder interviews.

Interview Questions
    I asked for 40k and received it but had to explain why I arrived at that number.

Technician Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryder System.

Interviewed with upper management before ever seeing the shop in a different city. At least 3 different meetings. Seemed like I was being low balled but I know what I'm worth.

Interview Questions
    • If you're not a mechanic then you won't know the answers. Easy as that   Answer Question
    Stick to your guns on salary.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in April 2014.

After submitting my resume, a recruiter called me to identify my functional interests. Within two days, I was asked to fly to Miami for an all-day interview with Ryder Management. The interview day consisted of a quick background of Ryder's history by an HR representative followed by 6 thirty minute interviews with different functional heads. The interviews were conversational in nature without many unexpected questions. I felt the interviews went well. This entire process was done in about 2 weeks.

After the interview, I was told I would hear back within the week. However, I never received any sort of closing communication from the company (despite several calls, voicemails, and emails). Who knows - maybe they have a long decision-making process? It has been over two months since the interview and I have also not been reimbursed for the hotel and car rental expenses the company asked me to incur.

I can honestly say I've never received such disrespectful treatment from a recruiting staff and can only hope for future employees that this behavior does not reflect on what it must be like to work at this company.

Rental Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ryder System in September 2011.

Initially was contacted by a local recruiter who found my resume online. Next, I was contacted by the Regional Manager for a short 10 min phone interview. Finally, this was followed by an in-person interview (initially 1:1 then with rounds of other branch managers sitting in). The overall atmosphere as relaxing and non-intimidating so I felt like I could easily be myself. All interviewers were very down to earth & relatable persons.

Interview Questions
    • List personal faults that might hinder customer satisfaction   Answer Question
    Seemed like not much room for negotiation

Worked for Ryder System? Contribute to the Community!