Ryder System

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Logistics Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ryder System.

Easy and laid back. Interviewed briefly over the phone with HR. About a week after that, I scheduled a face to face interview at OSU with another HR representative. Invited to Roanoke facility after my interview for another one, but declined because it wasn't what I wanted to do.
    One negative I encountered was the amount of time I had to spend tracking down emails. I was told I would receive 3-4 emails about Ryder throughout my interview process, but never got them when Ryder said they would be delivered. Had to call the HR rep to tell them I never received the promised emails. The lack of communication played a part in my decision to decline the Roanoke interview.

Shop Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ryder System.

Very professional in the interview process, went through two interviews and found them to be very good during the process. found the question to be very good for the postion that I had applied for, was told that there would be a thrid interview which I was never contacted. I did make a follow up call to the company and found out that they had hired internally.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ryder System.

Great interview with good questions and very friendly and honest interaction no pressure to give company answers interview time was an hour and felt good leaving about company and potential for growth

Diesel Mechanic Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ryder System in November 2014.

I was called by a Ryder recruiter in Phoenix Az. She sent me for an interview next day. The guy I was supposed to interview with wasn't there, so I interviewed with someone else. The questions were basically my skills, experience ect..

No negotiation

Rental Management Trainee Interview

short and sweet. interviewers were very relaxed and asked straight foward questions. made me feel comfortable right from the begining by asking about my background, family, etc.. Didnt feel much pressure at all.

no negotiation

Inside Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ryder System in October 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter who confirmed my interest in the position. I then did a telephone interview with the director of inside sales and two of the managers. They let me know I would be doing a role play and gave me the option to go ahead. I had gotten a brief description beforehand and went ahead with it then.

After the phone interview they called me almost a week later to come in for an in person interview. This is where the process got interesting. The in person interview was with 3 managers and the director. They took turns asking various questions, some standard most unusual. The interview went from very formal and serious to laughing and relaxed several times so it was hard to gauge how things were going. All things considered it was a pretty good experience.

Note to those interested: They will print copies of your linkedin and facebook along with your resume. Those profiles will be referenced in your interviews so make sure you know what is on there.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision you have to made in your personal life.   Answer Question
    The Recruiter called me and made an offer followed by an official offer letter. I attempted to negotiate my base up as my experience internally warranted and was told that was the flat rate for all internal sales positions non-negotiable.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ryder System.

I was hired as part of an acquisition. There were not interviews required as all employees were brought on as employees with the company. The Human Resources group instead presented material on the company and answered our questions regarding benefits, compensation, and other issues.

Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryder System in September 2014.

I applied for the position and was contacted via email by the HR recruiter based in Atlanta, GA. This position was also based in Atlanta, GA. She screened me for the position on the phone, and then said that she would call me at the end of the week to set up an interview with the hiring manager. I got the call along with the pre-background screening paperwork via email. I interviewed with the hiring manager and it was a basic interview: he told me about the job(s); I talked about my experience; he asked follow up questions and then he did a QA session about situational questions for a baseline screening. He told me that I would possibly have follow up interviews, and I did with another manager who was supposedly taking over for this manager that I interviewed with. However, I only think there is a phone interview and a face-to-face interview not all the additional follow ups.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions all of them were based on my experience.   Answer Question

Operations Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryder System in September 2014.

Had a 30-40 minute phone interview, followed up by interview with 2 managers for about an hour. Interview went well and they ended up giving me a tour of the facility. However, about 10 days later I received a standard email stating, thank you for your time and stating they have decided on another candidate..

Interview Questions
    • standard questioning regarding my resume/experiences and relating them to the job description   Answer Question

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

I applied online – interviewed at Ryder System in August 2014.

Applied online and was called the next day by a recruiter for an interview with local management.

Interview went really well. Management is focused on safety and your desire to stay long term.

As they were changing their hiring process, I immediately was taken on an extended 1 & 1/2 hour road test followed by a week of computer training. After that training lasts 2 weeks with an experienced driver to learn local operations.

Interview Questions
    • Have you driven flatbed in the oil and gas industry before?   Answer Question
    Every driver is paid the same. No negotiation.