Ryder System

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ryder System in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, followed by onsite interview. The initial contact was through a local recruiter who found me online via one of the job boards. There was a period of scheduling conflict and then we finally settled on a date for the interview. The first interview was the typical HR interview, nothing special, just going over background, general experience, compensation, etc. Then an onsite interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. The onsite interview was short, 30 mins. The job was not a fit, so the interview should never have been scheduled. I was looking for senior leadership position, and this was a technical hands-on position.

Interview Question – What would your obituary read?   View Answer

National Sales Manager - Inside Sales Interview

National Sales Manager - Inside Sales
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in May 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent process - inside recruiter - very professional. One on One then moved to outside consultant. Final phase was to present a complete business plan around process and anticipated steps.

Negotiation Details – Limited.

Senior Service Manager Interview

Senior Service Manager
Allentown, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was temporary filling the position after the other manager was moved for poor performance. I went through the current employee application site and applied. It was about two weeks and they set up a internal interview process. I was set up with one interview with the Director of Operations and Maintenance Manager. They went over the issues and concerns they had with the facility I was offered the job two weeks later.

Interview Question – I was asked for a detailed plan on how I was going to turn the poor performance around.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was none here is the salary take it or not,

Rental Management Trainee Interview

Rental Management Trainee
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryder System in September 2011.

Interview Details – Communication through recruiter from college career fair was professional and close. Had to differentiate myself from other interviewees. Highlighted my strengths while showing I had completed adequate background research on the company and position.

Interview Question – What are your negative qualities?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as there were many other college students that would have worked for the same amount or less.

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Senior Operations Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Ryder System in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. The recruiter sent an email immediately and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager next day. They were not very flexible about time availability. Also the hiring manager was rude and mean. During the phone interview asked me questions about my work experience and then few technical questions on statistics, sql, economics and Excel.I answered most of them. Its been 2 weeks now. And they havent replied yet.

Interview Question – What is most important while comparing charts in the reports. (Unexpected)
what is IRR, R square, joins, v lookup.
  View Answer

Transfer Driver Interview

Transfer Driver
Kapolei, HI

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ryder System in July 2013.

Interview Details – LONG drawn out process. From initial application to orientation was over 4 months. This was the first time I was ever tag team interviewed. The hiring process was conducted from the mainland, I think that the interview was only a formality. Found out later that the two that they had wanted for the positions available were not qualified and not eligible. They made sure I knew I was not the first choice. They made abundantly clear that they would not offer any benefits of ANY kind.

Interview Question – Will you do anything we ask you to do, even though you're a driver?   View Answer

Rental Account Manager Interview

Rental Account Manager
Fayetteville, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview Details – The interview process was straight forward. Initial telephone call after the receipt of a mailed resume. One on one interview arranged and followed through. Education, experience, duties and responsibilities discussed for the position. Final contact by telephone to make an offer for acceptance of the postion.

Interview Question – did no1 experience unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary was the only negotiation point

Very Easy Interview

Team Driver Interview

Team Driver
Stafford, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very disorganized into the office. They are all kids. Come in and talk then drug test.

Interview Question – Why do you think this job is for you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No.

A Nice and Stable Work Environment Interview

A Nice and Stable Work Environment
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview Details – Interview process went pretty smooth and quickly. Hiring process overall was positive. Only issue was that it took 4 hours to get through the interview in one day (a bit long).

Rental Management Trainee Interview

Rental Management Trainee
Fontana, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryder System in October 2012.

Interview Details – Centralized hiring process. Very standard HR interview questions. They want motivated and aggressive personalities that want to grow within Ryder as a whole

Interview Question – Just be prepared for situation based questions such, "Describe a situation in which you weren't able to satisfy a customer's needs and how did you overcome it."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Their pay scales are pretty much set in stone for entry level positions.