Ryder System

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

OMC Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryder System.

You will first be contacted by phone for an HR hiring rep that will ask question in regards to your background to assure you are you. They will then inform you that you have an interview and set up the time and date. They will already have your resume but always bring it. You will enter into the office and talk to the security guard be sure to remember the name of the person you are interviewing with the guard will call and you will then be advised to wait and someone will come and ge you shortly. During this time take time to relax and control your thoughts. You will be ushered into a room usually a conference room or and small meeting room it will either be one on one or a group interveiw. After the interview there will be either a phone call or an email sent to you if you get the email you did not get the job if you get a call you got it this usually takes about a week.

Interview Questions
    • Rememder difficult issues you have had to resolve they more than likely will ask about it. Know details and remember if it is a group interview make eye contact with everyone while talking.   View Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ryder System.

I met with multiple managers, only one of which was technical. So most of it was conversational. They seemed to be looking more at my character than my qualifications, or they were at least willing to take my technical qualifications at face value. They took me on full-time, but after that all new-hires were contract-for-hire. The technical interview process I developed while there was much more stringent, and focused on your thought process and problem-solving skills.

Interview Questions
    • When I interviewed, the technical portion was very basic, and required only a rudimentary understanding of web technologies. When I left, the technical questions:
      1. Confirmed that you had at least some basic experience with the language and tools, and
      2. Really focused on your analytical and problem-solving skills.
        Answer Question
    I didn't get the impression there was a lot of room for negotiation, but I thought it was a satisfactory offer.

Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryder System.

Interviewed with upper management before ever seeing the shop in a different city. At least 3 different meetings. Seemed like I was being low balled but I know what I'm worth.

Interview Questions
    • If you're not a mechanic then you won't know the answers. Easy as that   Answer Question
    Stick to your guns on salary.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryder System.

Communication was excellent from the onset of the recruitment and interview process. The interview was rough. I was told I was going to interview with two managers via phone call. When I was called, there were three managers each with 30 years of experience. The managers we not friendly and seemed to have a chip on their shoulder. It was difficult to differentiate between the three managers.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standards supply chain questions, nothing surprising here.   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryder System.

You apply
    You get a call from HR that ask you some general questions
    if they like you they will take their time and eventually you will get to take to the hiring manager
    He they like you they will take their time and eventually you will get a call

Interview Questions
    they tell you what they can do , you try to negotiate and they will not budge even if very low

Rental Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ryder System.

The interview process was straight forward. Initial telephone call after the receipt of a mailed resume. One on one interview arranged and followed through. Education, experience, duties and responsibilities discussed for the position. Final contact by telephone to make an offer for acceptance of the postion.

Interview Questions
    salary was the only negotiation point

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryder System in April 2014.

After submitting my resume, a recruiter called me to identify my functional interests. Within two days, I was asked to fly to Miami for an all-day interview with Ryder Management. The interview day consisted of a quick background of Ryder's history by an HR representative followed by 6 thirty minute interviews with different functional heads. The interviews were conversational in nature without many unexpected questions. I felt the interviews went well. This entire process was done in about 2 weeks.

After the interview, I was told I would hear back within the week. However, I never received any sort of closing communication from the company (despite several calls, voicemails, and emails). Who knows - maybe they have a long decision-making process? It has been over two months since the interview and I have also not been reimbursed for the hotel and car rental expenses the company asked me to incur.

I can honestly say I've never received such disrespectful treatment from a recruiting staff and can only hope for future employees that this behavior does not reflect on what it must be like to work at this company.

A Nice and Stable Work Environment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ryder System.

Interview process went pretty smooth and quickly. Hiring process overall was positive. Only issue was that it took 4 hours to get through the interview in one day (a bit long).

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ryder System in March 2014.

I applied online. The recruiter sent an email immediately and scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager next day. They were not very flexible about time availability. Also the hiring manager was rude and mean. During the phone interview asked me questions about my work experience and then few technical questions on statistics, sql, economics and Excel.I answered most of them. Its been 2 weeks now. And they havent replied yet.

Interview Questions
    • What is most important while comparing charts in the reports. (Unexpected)
      what is IRR, R square, joins, v lookup.
        View Answer

Field Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryder System in March 2014.

I applied online, and was contacted by a company recruiter at one of the regional offices who set up the initial phone screen. The individual I spoke with on the initial phone screen was pleasant and professional. She gave me an overview of the role, and asked me questions about my prior roles. After about a week, she set me up with an in-person interview with the HR Director.

The interview with the HR Director was "interesting" to say the very least. This individual was playing with their mobile phone a few times during the interview and allowed several people to interrupt the interview for relatively trivial matters. The individual started discussing their rough week they had experienced and complaining about difficult employees so I listened and tried to offer helpful suggestions. I mean, what else could I do. Wow. The person did finally ask a few questions in the 'interview' as it was. It has been 4 weeks now, and I have not heard back from them. I sent my thank-you email and have called back twice so I am assuming that I did not get the position. From the way the interview went, it is probably just as well that I do not get the position :(

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through the most complex project that you have completed from start to finish.   View Answer